D3, Season 70 Topic

Psuedo, i've got my can of Coke ready to go incase I need an extra time out at the end of the game to pull it out.
12/1/2013 7:06 PM
 : )
12/1/2013 9:24 PM
Everyone put on your kilts and dance to the bagpipes, we have a new #1 team.  I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it...

Last Night
#1 Wooster 70   #25 John Carroll 57
The first half of this one was extremely close with both teams exchanging the lead several times and the visitors in front by 5 at the break.  Wooster was finally able to take the lead for good about seven minutes into the second, going up by 2 after a made 3ptr.  They slowly built up the lead from there, extending to double digits and holding on for an impressive 13 point road win.  Wooster and pseudochamp move up to the top of the rankings with the win, resulting in a single tear of joy rolling down the pseudo-cheek.  John Carroll and whit6r drop down to #25 with the loss.

Also considered: #7 Hardin-Simmons led for a total of thirty-nine seconds and luckily for them most of that was the last twenty-eight seconds of a 91-85 home victory over Denison, #10 Dickinson had no trouble with Buena Vista 104-86, #8 Wentworth Tech handled UMass Dartmouth 85-71, #13 Penn St. Altoona got the road win at Ozarks 62-52, as did #16 Emmanuel over Mt. St. Joseph 63-54.

Sim blowout watch: Mount Ida kept it in the ballpark of respectability by covering against #19 Emory 53-82.

GotN
#5 Johnson and Wales (2-0)(spasticity) at #10 Dickinson (2-0)(mfnmyers)
Four more games between ranked opponents to choose from tonight, we're going with this Great Northeast/Centennial battle.  Both teams are undefeated after two games with Dickinson facing their third ranked opponent.  spasticity leads the series 6-3 and the odds-makers are calling this one an even pick.

Also considered: #2 Millsaps at #20 Merchant Marines, #9 Lynchburg at #23 Greensboro, #13 Penn St. Altoona at #22 Colorado, Ursinus at #8 Wentworth Tech, #12 Whittier at E. Connecticut State, #21 Ohio Wesleyan at Christopher Newport, and #25 John Carroll at Denison

Sim blowout watch: New England is a 64 point road dog as they visit the Gorlok den of #4 Webster while Concordia Austin is getting 41 points as they host #6 W. New England.
12/2/2013 12:53 PM
Wow, what a beat down by spasticity (J-dub) over Dickinson.  (great commentary huh?)
12/3/2013 12:33 PM
After an impressive win last night, Millsaps moved back into the #1 ranking.  You can keep your kilts on though if you want.

Last Night
#3 Johnson and Wales 106   Dickinson 64
I think brian summed it up pretty well with "Wow, what a beat down by spasticity (J-dub) over Dickinson."  Good enough for me.

Also considered: #1 Millsaps got an impressive road win over Merchant Marines 82-64, #8 Lynchburg slipped past Greensboro 70-67, #6 Penn St. Altoona won at Colorado 76-67, #17 Ursinus kept the road-team-winning theme going by beating #22 Wentworth Tech 90-79, same thing for #10 Whittier 85-81 over E. Connecticut State, Christopher Newport got one for the home teams downing Ohio Wesleyan 76-71, and #18 John Carroll barely escaped with a 81-80 win over Dension.

Sim blowout watch: New England had no trouble covering against #5 Webster 63-84 while Concordia Austin were even closer in falling to #14 W. New England 76-83.

GotN
#1 Millsaps (3-0)(brianxavier) at #5 Webster (3-0)(mschulte24)
Huge top five battle tonight as the top ranked team in the land pays a visit to the Gorlok den.  Both teams have been impressive so far with three comfortable wins but this will be a much stiffer test for both.  brian leads the series 4-1 and his team is favored by 3 points on the road in this one.

Also considered: #18 John Carroll at #16 Emmanuel, #21 Sewanee at #24 Mount St. Mary, #10 Whittier at Christopher Newport, Dickinson at #12 Wittenberg, Merchant Marines at #17 Ursinus, and Dominican at #22 Wentworth Tech

Sim blowout watch: SUNY Geneseo is getting 71 points hosting #7 Hardin-Simmons while Bridgewater is a 59 point home dog to #23 Manchester.
12/3/2013 4:11 PM
Thanks brian, and it's nice payback for Dickinson beating us by a similar margin soon after JDub switched to FB/Press. 

That game was all about the Stamina.  Both teams ran uptempo FB/Press and one team had a team ST of 72, while the other had team ST of 82.  I'll leave which one is which as an exercise for the reader.
12/3/2013 4:14 PM
Get the blowouts out of your system early spas so I can harbor illusions of a rare win come conference play.
12/3/2013 4:43 PM
Before I get to today's writeup, allow me to share some details of Wooster's game last night against Greensboro and my imagined thoughts as if I was watching the game as it happened.  It's story time.

halftime: Wooster leads 53-38.  Looking good.
15 minutes left in second half: Wooster leads 64-48.  Cool.
10 minutes: Wooster leads 74-61.  Decent.
4:45 left: Wooster sinks a 3pt to lead 82-70.  Nice.
1:46: Wooster hits two freethrows to lead 89-81.  Good.
0:34: Another Wooster shot, 92-86.  Fine, just play some defense and finish.
0:19: Greensboro hits a 3pt and there's a foul on the play.  Free throw good, 92-90.  Four point play?  Really?
0:16: After intentional foul, Wooster misses both free throws.  Annoyed, wondering why starting PF had ball.
0:11: Greensboro is fouled again while shooting but the shot doesn't fall this time.  Both free throws are good, 92-92.  At least we're not losing.
0:02: Wooster misses a 3ptr, we go to overtime.  Glad to see that 91 per rating paying off!

1:55 OT: Wooster hits a shot to go up 100-99 after trailing most of OT.  Ok, waking up after the shock of regulation, just hold on now.
1:46 OT: Greensboro hits one of two from the line, 100-100.  Because of course we fouled the shooter again.
0:00 OT: After each team missed a shot and turned the ball over, Wooster misses a wide open shot from the right side.  Glad to see that 60 LP rating paying off!

0:34 2OT: Wooster sinks a 3ptr to go up 107-106 after trailing most of 2OT.  Maybe scoring in the first few minutes of an overtime session might net better results.
0:24 2OT: Greensboro hit a jumper and holy crap you're not going to believe this but he was fouled.  The free throw is good, 107-109.  Someone punch me in the face.
0:03 2OT: Wooster is fouled and shockingly both free throws go in thanks to a guard actually having the ball instead of my stupid PF.  109-109.  Ok, remember what I said about scoring the first few minutes and maybe we can win this in triple OT.
0:00 2OT: Greensboro drills a halfcourt shot.  Final score, 109-112.  Well alrighty then.

The only thing about the ending that surprised me was that a Wooster player didn't get called for a foul on the halfcourt shot.

Boxscore
12/4/2013 12:36 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah,,,, this is so classic I can't even begin to even try to even comprehend how ridiculous that game was.
12/4/2013 1:17 PM
Not shocking at all.  It is a little known fact that there are hidden attributes in HD that very few people know about.  Luckily, I have unlocked them and can see all of those hidden ratings and I just confirmed that Robert Snow is rated 99 in half court shooting.  I have also verified that Henry Williams is rated 100 in boneheaded late game three point shooter fouling.
12/4/2013 1:41 PM
Does Henry Williams still have potential growth in that category or can I take the practice minutes out of Boneheaded Late Game Three Point Shooter Fouling?
12/4/2013 1:44 PM
Good question, he is tapped out in that category.  You may want to look in to putting some of that time into the "What the crap, the game is on the line and I have no idea who I am supposed to be guarding" category.  There is a little room for improvement there and if you bump that up, you may be able to get some more late game fouling action out of him.
12/4/2013 1:59 PM
Solid advice right there, thanks.
12/4/2013 3:22 PM
I'm finally done staring at the Wooster play-by-play from last night, ready to move on.

Last Night
#1 Millsaps 79   #15 Webster 69
Millsaps rode a hefty rebounding advantage including 16 offensive boards to a key road win to establish themselves as the clear top ranked team.  The home Gorloks trailed by 4 at the half and fought back to tie or take the lead a couple times in the second half.  But in the last couple minutes, Millsaps made clutch shots and got the stops to extend the lead, then made free throws to ice it.  Millsaps and brian stay perfect and #1 with the win while Webster and mschulte suffer their first loss of the season.

Also considered: #11 John Carroll got the road win over #25 Emmanuel 71-61, #16 Mount St. Mary won by the same margin over Sewanee 74-64, #6 Whittier held on for the 86-80 victory over Christopher Newport, #18 Dickinson cruised past #21 Wittenberg 96-82, #23 Merchant Marines handled Ursinus 77-66, and #14 Wentworth Tech ran Domincian out of the gym 109-62.

Sim blowout watch: SUNY Geneseo was not impressive but they still covered against #13 Hardin-Simmons 49-106 and we have our first official blowout victim of the season as Bridgewater got destroyed by Manchester 46-117.

GotN
#4 Wooster (3-1)(pseudochamp) at #3 Johnson and Wales (4-0)(spasticity)
Well when you suffer a devastating loss, you have to brush off your kilt and get back in the saddle.  Especially if a crazy hoard of angry spider monkeys is headed your way.  Up next is a massive battle between top four North Coast and Great Northeast teams as the Fightin' Scots visit the Spider Monkeys of JDub.  This is the first meeting between these two coaches (Why the hell haven't we played before now?!) and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.  Let's hope Wooster can get through a game without fouling the shooter on a made 3ptr.

Also considered: #11 John Carroll at #2 Willamette, #18 Dickinson at #24 Greensboro, #5 Penn St. Altoona at Ursinus, #6 Whittier at North Carolina Wesleyan, Earlham at #9 W. New England, #21 Wittenberg at Northland, and #23 Merchant Marines at E. Oregon

Sim blowout watch: New York City Tech is getting 43 points at they pay a visit to #16 Mount St. Mary.
12/4/2013 4:02 PM
When i saw i was on the Sim Blowout watch i notched up my teams tempo to try and cover. Thats the most points we have ever scored, mostly because of a great game by my bench (45 points) and getting to the FT line (37 of 43).  Hopefully we can keep it up
12/4/2013 4:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
D3, Season 70 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.