ODL XLV Evals and Predictions Topic

nate you're up buddy
12/4/2013 8:25 PM
just read the progress you've made.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I want more of it.  I know RL gets in the way of doing these things consistently so please don't think I'm complaining!
12/4/2013 9:03 PM
thisredbox updated
12/5/2013 11:18 AM
Posted by ashamael on 12/4/2013 9:03:00 PM (view original):
just read the progress you've made.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I want more of it.  I know RL gets in the way of doing these things consistently so please don't think I'm complaining!
Thanks ash. You guys would not believe the chain of RL events that has sucked away my time in the past 10 or so days, let's just say it includes my car getting totaled without me even being in it.
12/5/2013 11:47 AM
Before we tip off the season I will get an eval up for every team. If I have not gotten to your team it's because of the timing of how I was trying to do this. I had a number of different chunks of time set aside for this that got disrupted for one reason or another, and I went to a different starting point each time I attempted to catch up again, so the guys in the middle of the draft have been completely neglected to date. If your team has been neglected is 100% due to timing and has nothing to do with what I think of your team.

I have found that it takes at least an hour per team at this point to do this the way I think it needs to be done. I should have some more time later today to get a few more guys done before they pick in the 6th, but a few people will not get an eval until their team is complete, which is unavoidable for me at this point because I'd rather leave a team blank until the end than put up some half-a$$ eval.
12/5/2013 11:55 AM
I just want to echo ash's sentiment - thanks nate, these are fun
12/5/2013 1:32 PM
Mentioned his KJ pick in other thread but benhoidal appears to have built a 110% assist machine.
Rebounding is robust as well. Very impressive. I knew Magic and KG was a gold mine as soon as that happened for him ..
12/5/2013 1:58 PM
Posted by felonius on 12/5/2013 1:32:00 PM (view original):
I just want to echo ash's sentiment - thanks nate, these are fun
Agreed. :-)
12/5/2013 2:04 PM
Keep it up Nate!  Its appreciated.  BTW KJ was a great pick.  I considered him but just couldn't work out the numbers.

Probably the most fun is reading evaluations and what others think of your team.  Obviously this is time consuming so its appreciated Nate!

12/5/2013 6:49 PM
Thanks again guys, currently no access to my computer which is a MUST for these things, planning to crank out a few more as soon as I can get back on there later tonight. Been posting in our other forum the last hour or so, there is some great discussion going on over there. Like I said I WILL get to everyone's squad prior to opening night. Banditone and Jkaye will likely be my final two since they cannot be part of my division draft board, ash will be near the end as well because I KNOW he I'm tired of playing him 8 times a season and he will be one of the bottom three on my board (so It will be impossible for me to get stuck with him in my division). Tar and nc are still my frontrunners for those other two spots on my "get to avoid three" list, but some teams look to be difficult matchups for my own so I'll use that benefit with special care.

Good to know others are taking the time to read this stuff. When I'm writing them again for ODL 46 (insert wishful thinking about a repeat title) I'll do a better job allocating my time and be sure that anyone who had to wait this time will be one the guys at the top of the list to do next time around.
12/5/2013 11:13 PM
a polite bump..
12/10/2013 10:17 AM
Thanks eleibo. Had to travel from Ohio to Atlanta late last week then back to Ohio. The weather has been pretty nasty, back today so I'll get my team in, complete the evals, and explain my division draft rankings.
12/10/2013 1:41 PM

I still intend to provide an analysis of each team (yes he HAVE heard that story before).  As has become the norm for me lately I ran into some time conflicts that will not be resolved until tomorrow sometime. Curses to smokey for speeding this along so rapidly (I thought waiting on evil would buy me at least one more day before the games started.)

I have also been working on my analysis of the data for each team. After my initial review I would tab the following teams as the “favorite” in their respective divisions:

Jkaye

Tar

Theyard

Eleibo

I’ll elaborate more ASAP, but I wanted to at least get my division winner predictions on record before we start.

Also I have added the rationale for my division draft board in the middle of page one of this thread titled: Division Draft Mindset

GL to all.

12/12/2013 9:49 PM
◂ Prev 12
ODL XLV Evals and Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.