2014 BBWAA HOF ballot released today. Topic

From age 24-36, Tom Glavine and Whitey Ford are extremely similar pitchers. Glavine pitched 1300 more innings than Ford for his career, though (despite Ford pitching in the complete game era).

The only reason Glavine might not "feel" like a HOFer is that he was on the same team as Maddux. Glavine has both the excellent peak and the great longevity that you ask for in a HOFer. He's not "inner circle", but he's solidly in, no doubt about it.

11/30/2013 9:30 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/29/2013 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Are you going to pretend to be so naive that you don't believe that Ripken and his streak was "bigger" than the games themselves in Baltimore?
Not at all. I'm just saying 99% of major leaguers want to be in the lineup everyday, even if their arm is falling off - that's not selfishness, that's dedication. It's the manager's job to determine if it's in the best interest of the player/team.

And, as I said, he wasn't exactly blocking anyone better in Baltimore for many years. I really don't see any games where having Reboulet or Alexander start in place of Ripken would have "hurt" the team less.
11/30/2013 10:05 AM
Anyone gonna do the voting thread with the point and click votes?
12/1/2013 1:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
2014 BBWAA HOF ballot released today. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.