Who's better: Manning or Brady Topic

Brady has the rings, Manning has the stats. They don't mean jack to me if you don't win in the playoffs when it counts. What do you guys think?

11/28/2013 11:09 PM
I feel like Brady has done more with less (talented teammates), on top of going to 5 Super Bowls and winning 3...compared to Peyton's 2-1.  Peyton is kind of Dan Marino while Brady is Joe Montana if you want to look at it like that.
11/29/2013 12:09 AM
Brady.

THREAD CLOSED
11/29/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 11/29/2013 12:09:00 AM (view original):
I feel like Brady has done more with less (talented teammates), on top of going to 5 Super Bowls and winning 3...compared to Peyton's 2-1.  Peyton is kind of Dan Marino while Brady is Joe Montana if you want to look at it like that.
Conversely, Brady has had better coaching.   Brady has played in one system. 

If I had to win one game, I'd take Brady.   If I had to score on one drive, I'd pick Manning.    That's sort of a cop out but the difference between them is so subtle that only a homer would definitively pick one.
11/29/2013 10:44 AM

One could also argue that Manning elevates his teammates. How highly rated was Decker before Manning arrived? Look at what he did last year with Dreesen and Tamme at TE - are they ever in the same breath as Gronk?

I'm not knocking Brady, but you constantly hear how Manning's work ethic rubs off, how he establishes a standard and elevates the commitment of his teammates. At this point, I'd say Brady is the more physically talented, but Manning is still the most intelligent and best prepared. If you could put Manning's brain in Brady's head, you'd have by far the greatest QB of all-time and then some.

11/29/2013 12:28 PM

Well, without Brady, Welker probably isn't playing football today.   Brady brought a lot of scrubs to higher levels. 

11/29/2013 1:48 PM
Looking at what Welker was able to do in '05 and '06 with Frerrotte, Harrington and Culpepper in Miami, I'd say he was already looking pretty decent before he got to NE. I think having a good QB made him better - not specifically Brady.
11/29/2013 9:37 PM
This thread should be moderated by this guy:

11/30/2013 8:34 AM
Currently or historically?

Currently, Peyton.  Historically, Brady.
11/30/2013 8:39 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/29/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):

One could also argue that Manning elevates his teammates. How highly rated was Decker before Manning arrived? Look at what he did last year with Dreesen and Tamme at TE - are they ever in the same breath as Gronk?

I'm not knocking Brady, but you constantly hear how Manning's work ethic rubs off, how he establishes a standard and elevates the commitment of his teammates. At this point, I'd say Brady is the more physically talented, but Manning is still the most intelligent and best prepared. If you could put Manning's brain in Brady's head, you'd have by far the greatest QB of all-time and then some.

I thought it is more of common knowledge that its the other way. Manning had Harrison, Wayne and Clark which in turn made him better while Tom Brady only ever had Deion Branch and some other scrubs before that season with Moss and Welker in '07.

However, the only reason to play the regular season is for the playoffs. Who gives a crap if you have great stats. If you don't win in the playoffs the whole season is a waste. Peyton Manning is 9-11 in the playoffs, Joe Flacco is 9-4. Brady is 17-7. If I was building a team to win a Super Bowl, I want Brady. Manning is a huge choker and has numerous 1st round losses as a top seed. TIM TEBOW has more playoff wins in Denver than Peyton. Also, the whole "He has Bill Bilichick" argument isn't that great. Billichick is 51-65 without Brady and 144-42 with him
12/1/2013 12:01 AM
If you were building a team do you want Joe Flacco instead of Peyton Manning?

Do you think Bill Bilichick hasn't improved as a coach since he was at Cleveland?

What was NE's record the season Tom Brady got injured? What was Indy's record their season without Peyton Manning?
12/1/2013 12:39 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/1/2013 12:39:00 AM (view original):

Do you think Bill Bilichick hasn't improved as a coach since he was at Cleveland?

What was NE's record the season Tom Brady got injured? What was Indy's record their season without Peyton Manning?
brady 2007 pats 16-0 lost in superbowl considered top 5 greatest team ever. next season with matt cassel a good back up they go 11-5 and miss the playoffs

manning 2010 go 10-6 and lose in first round. next season with one of (or 3) the worst qb's on an active roster that year they go 2-14

so i think its a little closer then people make it sound
12/1/2013 5:42 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/1/2013 12:39:00 AM (view original):

If I want to win a Super Bowl, I'd take Flacco. Peyton is one of the biggest chokers in the sport and has proven time and time again his struggles in the playoffs with very talented teams. He might only have a few good years left too. 

Still, they won a super bowl his 2nd year there and his first with Brady at the helm. Big difference between Brady and Bledsoe

Matt Casell was a much more competent backup than the combination of Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and Kerry Collins
12/1/2013 6:40 PM
If you take Flacco over Manning, you're either retarded or Manning screwed your wife.   

Thread closed.
12/1/2013 6:59 PM
Manning has made 20 playoff starts - he's had 3-4 bad ones. The rest have been average at worst.

People never seem to want to look at the defenses. The early 2000s Pats defenses and the Ravens defenses since Flacco arrived have been far better than anything Manning ever had in Indy.
12/2/2013 1:16 PM
12345 Next ▸
Who's better: Manning or Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.