Moneyball S23 - FULL Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Veterans Commitee (VC) duties and responsibilities: 

Each VC member will monitor a division in the other league (divisional assignments to be redistributed upon new VC member's election). It is recommend that members check the teams they are monitoring at least once per week to check for 0(0) pitchers or any other serious problems and to make certain the owners have logged in. 

Current VC Members: Jahu43 , polley070, kahrtmendavid575dcbove, jsturgis5866

Current VC Chairman: jvford

In the event someone is not logging in for more than 7 days (without having given us advance notice that they will be away) or in the event they are pitching 0(0) pitchers/playing guys at minor leagues extremely out of position (such as pitchers playing shortstop or first basemen pitching)/overall lack of competitiveness of minors, the following occurs:

1. The monitor should send the person a trade chat and/or sitemail and ask them to fix the problem within 48 hours or at least have a good faith effort to fix it under way. 
2. If it is not fixed, the monitor should bring it to the VC’s attention and either the monitor of the VC Chairman will post in World Chat and/or our forum thread about the problem and once again give 48 hours for the problem to be fixed or at least a good faith effort to fix it be under way. 
3. If the problem is still not fixed, the VC votes on whether to put the person on "probation." A person will remain on probation even if they fix the problem they are more likely to survive the vote at the end of the season.

Moneyball Rules and Regulations: 

THE PRIME DIRECTIVE: Anyone whose prior 2 seasons at the end of a season has a cumulative record under .400 will be automatically dismissed from the league. After being out of the league for one season, any owners removed under thie Rule may request to be placed on the waiting list for the following season(s), though they must be approved by a league-wide vote before being permitted back into the league. 

In addition, at the end of the season, anyone on probation is put to a league-wide vote on whether they should be removed prior to the next season. Note that everyone, even if they are a VC member or even the league founder, is subject to being voted on if they are probation. The vote would work as follows: 

1. Following the end of the regular season but before the start of the World Series, the VC will post a list (in our forum thread) of those that are subject to vote as well as an explanation of what the VC sees as the reasons to keep or get rid of the person. The person subject to vote would be allowed to respond obviously and state their case. 
2. During the World Series, the vote occurs with all league members getting one vote. If the majority of those that vote before the World Series ends vote to remove the person, they are gone. Otherwise, they get to come back next season. 

Replacement owners: If a replacement owner is needed either mid-season or between seasons, the person will be recommended by any VC member and approved by the VC (exception: members removed for having a cumulative sub-.400 winning percentage over 2 seasons must be approved by the entire league before being permitted back in). 

NO VETOES!  We are a veteran world and the assumption is that everyone knows what they are doing.  No trade can be vetoed.

Changing cities: Owners may not change cities or change their team name without approval of the VC, which generally will not be given. This includes replacement owners, though a change in the team name will be permitted for a new owner. 

Removing an owner mid-season: If an owner neglects their major league team, is caught cheating or colluding, or conducts themselves in a manner detrimental to the league (this is the general catch-all for those unforeseen circumstances), the VC can put the person’s immediate removal from the league up to a vote of the entire league at any time. Whether or not the new replacement owner that only runs a team for a portion of the season is subject to the .400 rule for that season will be decided on a case-by-case basis by the VC. 

Replacement VC members: If a VC members steps down from the VC or leaves the world entirely, the players in their league (AL or NL) will immediately vote on a replacement member. If the VC chairman steps down, the remaining VC members will elect a new chairman from their own and then the league that the new chairman came from will vote on a new VC member. Any VC member may at any time call for a vote of all other VC members to oust any member of the VC including the chairman. This would be a vote solely on the person's position on the VC, not their spot in Moneyball. 

Rule 5 Draft: Under NO situations whatsoever will an owner be permitted to ask for players lost in the Rule 5 draft back because they forgot to protect the players. This is true regardless of how exceptional of a circumstance resulted in the player being unable to protect. Moving these guys back to their original team creates way too much of a mess. If you fail to protect a guy, you lose him, no exceptions
1/7/2014 7:56 AM (edited)
I'm interested in joining. Thanks for considering me.
12/13/2013 10:02 PM
Accepted. We're down to 4
12/14/2013 11:40 AM
Only 3 teams left!
12/15/2013 11:08 AM
With a .400 MWR (over two seasons), you can be sure that the blatant tanking found in so many worlds isn't part of the mix in Moneyball. And if someone *does* go that route, they won't be around to enjoy the fruits of their non-labor.
12/18/2013 12:43 PM
Yes, What he said.
12/21/2013 7:30 PM
Give the gift of joining Moneyball this holiday season. Just $24.95 before credits, or $100,000 Canadian.
12/22/2013 1:59 PM
Ranked #8 out of 178 HBD worlds in the latest world rankings. [Yes, it's from April of 2012, but it's the last comprehensive rankings we have]. Great world. Join today.
12/24/2013 11:44 AM
All we want for Christmas is a few new owners.
12/24/2013 6:07 PM
Would you accept a new owner?
12/24/2013 6:29 PM
I would accept a newbie - a good one will stay many seasons - if they are not good the rules will take care of them - Of course I'm ill and how long I last will depend on when we get started, So do me (and yourself and the league) a favor and join today.
12/28/2013 1:58 PM (edited)
Please join before griv dies. I beseech you all.
12/28/2013 3:49 PM
i'm interested in Minnesota, depending on when you guys roll.  I have another world filling openings now (and I'd prefer not to overlap), plus I will be flying during the day on 1/2.

Anyone interested in a swap to Metropolis?  Please check with your world members
12/28/2013 7:33 PM (edited)
I'd take memphis
12/28/2013 7:52 PM
1234 Next ▸
Moneyball S23 - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.