Manage Your Tail Off---FULL!!! Topic

What on earth? All these high cap's filling and this one sits? Why the popularity of higher caps?
1/21/2014 7:07 AM
People don't want to "sacrifice." I love these lower caps becuz u have to make thought choices and then truly "manage" your team thru the season.
1/21/2014 7:27 AM
Teams want to go to toc.  They want to win.  It may be easier with cookies and deadball guys.  I have not ruled out entering a team.  I keep tabs all the time.  For me the length of time, years, is a bit overwelming.  A smaller time is better for me.  Again, I have considered entering team.  I have 2 in mind.
1/21/2014 8:28 AM
I too wondered about the TOC. The issue is that you get lumped with 70-mil teams. BUT, I had my first TOC team this past year with a 60-mil Tiger team---one which I had 3 minor leaguer's. I pasted the first two teams I faced that were both 70-mils in the tournament. 
1/21/2014 11:23 AM
Polymerguy, I really like low caps.  I stink at caps that are high.  Plus managing is at low caps.  The aaa guys are  just a pet peeve for me.  Different tastes for different folks.  I may enter as you get closer.  That many years has too many choices for this simple-minded retiree.  It was like: OMG!  I will stay in touch and follow theme.
1/21/2014 11:31 AM
Thanks dlcunc. If this thing doesn't kick off, maybe I'll try creating a bit of a different flavor with this. I'm starting to agree that maybe 70-mil without AAA could be effective. I like low caps because it eliminates lots of the luck card. But AAA kind of reintroduces some of it back into the game. Stay in touch on this. It might still go and I'd love to have you in the league.
1/21/2014 2:01 PM
I say go ahead once you get to 16 teams.
1/21/2014 8:47 PM
I've never won a TOC, and never will.  The types of leagues I play in do not lend themselves to TOC victories. 

But it is frustrating have teams sit there forever in the TOC. 
1/22/2014 9:51 AM
If this takes too long to fill, you may lose some people who get bored of waiting and move on to something that's filling faster.

I would vote for a 16 team league, but will not be one of those guys who drops if we decide to hold out for 24.
1/22/2014 10:14 AM
So far, we are pretty evenly split. I think I'd like to keep it the way it is with 24 teams and open it up for second teams. I'll juggle to get the second teams in opposite divisions. I've only entered a second team once and I enjoyed it. So take a look at the teams available and add another combo if you'd like. And thank you everyone for your feedback. If this league survives another season, I'll switch things up a bit to see if it's more appealing. 70-mil with no AAA might fit this well. But let's see how this goes and get this filled. 
1/22/2014 2:18 PM
Ok by me... I'll wait it out.
1/22/2014 7:15 PM
NEW RULE ALERT. Let's open this up to fill this league. More options for more teams and second owners now allowed.

***NEW EXPANSION RULES*** Owners can create a second team. Owners can also now choose a team that has already been chosen. For example, there can now be two Tiger pitching staffs. HERE'S THE RUB: Owners now place a franchise tag on one position player and one pitcher and list those in the forum for their teams. (I'll keep track in this section.) No other team can use these players from your franchise. This gives first owners of clubs an advantage to choose their favorites first, but doesn't limit a second owner of a club. 
1/23/2014 7:10 AM
OK, here are my franchise players hitter Dave Collins, hurler Luis Tiant... from my REDS/INDIANS team
1/23/2014 7:31 AM
My franchise players: Rocky Colavito and Joel Hanrahan
1/23/2014 9:09 AM
Thanks Tribe and Batgems. All updated and feel free if you'd like to add a second team.
1/23/2014 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Manage Your Tail Off---FULL!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.