THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Ignore this post. We still have five players.

5/23/2014 9:32 AM
I have one vote for psap

Then I have two votes for coachbug's opponent psap

So, with three votes for psap, he is eliminated in sixth.

Steve will have the Final 5 HoH up shortly.

5/23/2014 9:35 AM
There is an element of "first come, first serve" to the next HoH challenge.  So here's a heads up, I'll be posting it sometime in the early evening tonight.  It's based on the MLB schedule on Sunday.
5/23/2014 12:17 PM
HoH Challenge - Final Five!

OK, here we go with the Final Five HoH Challenge (although only 4 of you will be playing as thebish is not eligible as the outgoing HoH).

On Sunday all 30 MLB teams are scheduled to play.  To win HoH, you'll have to hope that the 7 teams that you draft will score the most combined runs.  Here's how it will work:

- I need each of you to submit to me a list of 28 teams, in order of the teams you think will score the most runs.

- In addition, you can add a x2 designation to 6 of the teams and a x3 designation to 3 of the teams.  If you get any of the teams that you have designated x2 or x3, you will get double or triple the runs that they score.

- In addition to that, you can add a player to each of the teams.  If a player that you picked on one of your teams hits a home run, you will get double that teams score. (Note: This gets the teams score doubled after the x2 or x3 multiplier is totaled, if applicable.  So, if one of your teams has a x3 designation and the player you picked goes yard, the teams run total would get tripled first, and then doubled.  I don't think that matters, but just to be safe...)

The teams will be allocated based on a serpentine draft.  The first round order will be based on order received, then reversed for round 2 and so on until all 4 players have 7 teams.  I will always give you the highest remaining available team on your list when it's your turn to draft.

No runs will count in any games that are postponed (and obviously none in games that are cancelled) for any reason.  If the game's not finished by the time the sun comes up on Monday morning, it doesn't count and you get 0 for that team.

I'll post the results as soon as I get all 4 entries, but they are due by 6PM ET tomorrow.

TB1 - Number of games that are won by 5 runs or more
TB2 - Number of games that are won by 2 runs or less
TB3 - Closest to the attendance of the Cubs-Padres game without going over
TB4 - Order received

Good luck, and if you have any questions, please ask them in the forum.

5/23/2014 8:02 PM
Sorry for the delay, was out for most of the day.  Here's the draft results:

geos ahrens coachbug polabonez
Team 1 Giants (x3) Marlins (x3) Brewers (x3) Nationals (x3)
Player Morse Stanton Reynolds Werth
Team 2 Angels (x2) Rockies (x3) Cubs (x3) Orioles (x3)
Player Pujols Tulowitski Olt Davis
Team 3 Blue Jays (x3) Red Sox White Sox (x3) Pirates (x2)
Player Bautista Ortiz Abreau McCutcheon
Team 4 Tigers (x2) Cardinals (x2) Dodgers Royals (x2)
Player Cabrera Peralta Gonzales Hosmer
Team 5 Braves (x2) A's Indians (x2) Yankees (x2)
Player J. Upton Moss Brantley Ellsbury
Team 6 Padres (x2) Reds Astros (x2) Diamondbacks (x2)
Player S.Smith Bruce Dominguez Goldschmidt
Team 7 Mariners (x2) Mets Twins (x2) Phillies
Player Smoak Granderson Dozier Howard
Total        
TB1 7 7 2 X
TB2 4 X 6 X
TB3 28,570 X 28,500 X
TB4 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Let me know if you guys see any mistakes.  Good luck!
5/25/2014 2:06 AM (edited)
Couple of things:
1) Can't believe you guys are still going
2) We will be starting a new game sometime after this ends and people recharge their batteries, it will be unlike anything you have played before.
3) In the meantime, while not join a great HBD league... THE SANDLOT.  We are looking for some new owners for the league and there are a handful of guys from this game so it makes for a good time.  If interested contact me and I'll pass you on the commish.
5/25/2014 9:58 AM
Posted by csudak on 5/25/2014 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Couple of things:
1) Can't believe you guys are still going
2) We will be starting a new game sometime after this ends and people recharge their batteries, it will be unlike anything you have played before.
3) In the meantime, while not join a great HBD league... THE SANDLOT.  We are looking for some new owners for the league and there are a handful of guys from this game so it makes for a good time.  If interested contact me and I'll pass you on the commish.
Polabonez, myself, sjurat & King Jeremy (at least) are in it currently. Good league, no super bad or super great teams.
5/25/2014 4:42 PM
Just a heads up, when I posted the challenge, the Mets-D'backs game on Friday got postponed and they made it up by playing a doubleheader today.  Only going to count the first game.
5/25/2014 9:59 PM
Not that it would have mattered anyway:

geos - 87
polabonez - 55
coachbug - 53
ahrens - 10 (with the Reds still playing)

The Reds currently have 0 runs in the 6th inning.  Unless they score 78 runs in the next 3 innings, or 39 runs with a Jay Bruce home run included, geos is going to win HoH.

With tomorrow being a holiday, let's be safe and make nominations due by tomorrow night.  I'm guessing the PoV challenge will be posted either tomorrow or Tuesday.

5/25/2014 10:06 PM
I nominate , thebish and polabonez
5/26/2014 3:01 PM
I will post the PoV challenge tomorrow. Happy Holidays.
5/26/2014 3:27 PM
PoV #9 -- French Open

This is pretty simple. Pick five tennis players playing Wednesday or Thursday at the French open. You get credit for all the games that they win. Most total games gets PoV. You only get credit for half a game if they win a game in doubles. Due by 9 p.m. EST tonight due to the time difference between here and France.

TB1: Pacers points in their next NBA game
TB2: First to get it to me.

5/27/2014 8:19 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
All that you wrote above is correct Tyson except that the U.S. Open is the only major that has tiebreakers in the last set, so technically if a girl split the first two sets she could score in number of games in the third before winning or losing by 2 games.
5/28/2014 10:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...121|122|123|124|125...131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.