THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

you both played a heck of a game.  my question is what was your biggest regret in the game?
6/16/2014 9:06 PM
No questions here.  Congrats to the finalists...both are deserving of the title in my opinion!
6/16/2014 9:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
USA Ghana total: 3
TB1: 1st
6/16/2014 10:32 PM
Posted by geos on 6/16/2014 8:52:00 PM (view original):
No questions for either of you . You both explained very well how you played and executed your strategies . You both played a very well planned game . I Thank you both for the honesty .
This was my first time playing this game and I enjoyed it tremendously . I will certainly keep your Survivor 101 texts for the future games .

My vote goes to polabonez . ...............Ahrens you may have had it , if not for the spineless way you voted me out . I knew I was out but you should have been a big boy about it and posted it in the forum .
Haha. Funny story about not posting about it in the forum. I would have had I seen it.

I'm ok with you voting polabonez, but that weekend of all of that was complete chaos for me. My fiancé broke up with me and I resorted to heavy drinking and golf to cope. So while I should have posted about it, I had life happen and I apologize I couldn't be a man about it.

But that is what happened there at least.
6/16/2014 10:47 PM
Posted by geos on 6/16/2014 8:52:00 PM (view original):
No questions for either of you . You both explained very well how you played and executed your strategies . You both played a very well planned game . I Thank you both for the honesty .
This was my first time playing this game and I enjoyed it tremendously . I will certainly keep your Survivor 101 texts for the future games .

My vote goes to polabonez . ...............Ahrens you may have had it , if not for the spineless way you voted me out . I knew I was out but you should have been a big boy about it and posted it in the forum .
Just to be clear. That was me joking with Matt. He had no way of knowing any expectation of posting it in the forum.
6/16/2014 10:53 PM
Posted by polabonez on 6/16/2014 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thebish on 6/16/2014 9:06:00 PM (view original):
you both played a heck of a game.  my question is what was your biggest regret in the game?
I don't have too many regrets. I mean, I got to this point somehow. I would say I regret some of the eliminations in big brother, but really, there wasn't many things I could do about any of them. HOH seems to rule the game and there is nothing you can do about it in many cases but save yourself.

I'm sure you want Ahrens or I to say we regret eliminating you to gain your vote, because that was one vote we had control over, but as I explained to you prior to it happened, i think it was the right move. You were either winning or coming in second place for about 3 challenges in a row, and coach wasn't. It sucks we made that call since you, Ahrens, and I started to talk right before it, but honestly if we didn't do it there is a good chance I wouldn't have made it as far.
no right or wrong answer, more curiosity  than anything

6/16/2014 11:00 PM
What was the best move you made in this game and what was the worst move you made ?
6/17/2014 6:17 PM
Posted by coachbug on 6/17/2014 6:17:00 PM (view original):
What was the best move you made in this game and what was the worst move you made ?
Best move was the PSAP move. I probably should have gone home there, but everything fell into place for me to flip the script.

Obviously getting here means I didn't make any bad moves, per say. But I didn't commit as much as I wanted to my picks as I would have liked.
6/17/2014 6:42 PM
I won't know for sure until I read the letters... But if our theory was correct that Csudak was in with all the people we presumed, than I think that was probably the move that got me here. I won't take all the credit there were a few of us that were in involved but I believe horvie and I were the prime motivators of that.

I also think the idol that allowed the AR setup was pretty big. It seems forever ago but having a few "underachieving" teams set up in the amazing race might be the reason I and many of the jury are here.

Looking back I think the worst move was keeping geos on the wildpike vote Horvie and I were going to vote him out early since we hadn't even spoken to him, and Psap wanted us to keep him so he had a major alliance. Trusting Psap led to horvies downfall, which is something I would have liked to prevent because obviously we played most of the game together.
6/17/2014 7:13 PM
Posted by polabonez on 6/17/2014 7:14:00 PM (view original):
I won't know for sure until I read the letters... But if our theory was correct that Csudak was in with all the people we presumed, than I think that was probably the move that got me here. I won't take all the credit there were a few of us that were in involved but I believe horvie and I were the prime motivators of that.

I also think the idol that allowed the AR setup was pretty big. It seems forever ago but having a few "underachieving" teams set up in the amazing race might be the reason I and many of the jury are here.

Looking back I think the worst move was keeping geos on the wildpike vote Horvie and I were going to vote him out early since we hadn't even spoken to him, and Psap wanted us to keep him so he had a major alliance. Trusting Psap led to horvies downfall, which is something I would have liked to prevent because obviously we played most of the game together.
You (pola) never had the option to save wildpike.  I already was working closely with coachbug, and thus hardknox as well.  Once i swapped places with geos using my idol, horvie then proposed a 4 way alliance of himself, me, pola and geos as the assumption was that geos was my closest ally as the thought was that i was a free agent.

Once csudak pulled me down, which returned geos as the nominee, wildpike was going home which is why i played that idol in the first place.  There were indications that wildpike had been cooperating with pola earlier in the game in the idol search, and i didn't know how deep the partnership went and i didn't want to wait to find out.  So when csudak played his idol to nullify mine, that meant that for csudak to survive, geos was going to have to go home.  He didn't, so csudak's move (which was probably a neccessity anyways, sent him home next round if he or ahrens didn't win the next HOH.  So that was an easy vote to knock off wildpike with my vote, coachbug's, hardknox's, and the newly acquired partners of horvie and pola -- the only way to save wildpike was if pola and horvie were going to break that newly formed agreement right off the bat.

I sold it hard that csudak (and ahrens to a lesser degree) were playing both sides.  Horvie jumped all over that because that is what he suspected as well.  Once you (pola) vouched for me to horvie, it was a done deal.  Csudak and ahrens were painted as the risks, and csudak put himself to the head of the target line for playing his idol that nullified mine.  It was also probably the truth -- i think csudak was playing both sides.  It was also important to me to get rid of both wildpike and csudak before they reached the jury because i did not think either would ever vote for me if I made the final - which also factored in putting myself up for nomination as i knew i had enough support from the players left in the game at the time.

That was where the numbers turned for good and the point from which i controlled the game until i was eliminated.  It left ahrens, thebish, and usfbully scrambling for survival for the next few rounds.

Horvie's downfall was that he was just late to the game with me.  There were already many people in line in front of him and i was just waiting for the moment to take him out as i wanted to eliminate all of pola's allies so pola would be forced to cooperate with me without having any decision making power.  Pola won challenges but made few if any moves in the BB stage.  He was strictly a passenger and made no power moves, nor had much of an ability to do so.

6/17/2014 8:29 PM (edited)
Wow, for a guy that didn't even make the jury my name's getting tossed around a bit more than I expected.

For those of you wondering, myself, onside and horvie have a new game lined up.  Its a bit different than everything else that has been played.  I understand there may be some challenge fatigue, so we are going to take a week or so to tweak all the rules then open up signups.  We are hoping to start around the 4th.

6/17/2014 8:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...126|127|128|129|130|131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.