From psap:

psap
To:
dublinuf
Received:
5/13/2014 9:08:00 PM
Subject:
last letter home
I plan on this being my last letter home. It’s very possible that the outcome of this POV could decide the game for me. Six players left after this POV and vote, and if all goes well I should have my bases covered with all remaining 5 players.

My plan is to eliminate horvie. The reason I want to eliminate horvie is that I want to go to the final with Pola and beat Pola in the final. 1) I can’t risk Pola choosing horvie over me, or horvie choosing Pola over me, so this is my chance to get rid of horvie. Also I may not get horvie’s vote if I am up against Pola. I also see this as an opportunity to extend the games of ahrens and thebish and in return for sacrificing hovie, I should gain 1 or both of their votes. Horvie of course will likely be upset, and he will be the first player that I have really ever turned on in all my games. Maybe he takes it personally, maybe he doesn’t. He’s done me dirty in the past, and in fact I cast the winning vote as an alternate juror for horvie in the last BB game that made him the winner – that same game he eliminated me.

So, unless I shoot myself in the foot, I think I have the votes of hardknox, geos, and coachbug already.
I also just made a deal before picking thebish as my POV partner, that he will not be eliminated this round if in return he would not nominate me the rest of the game, and if he makes the final he will take me there. He agreed. He may or may not keep his word, but I’ve done all I can do to. I also believe that geos and coachbug will take me to the final if they make it there.

I am going to make the same offer to ahrens (as long as horvie doesn’t win the POV). If horvie wins the POV then ahrens is going home. I anyone else wins, I hopefully get the same agreement from ahrens, and then I have a good chance that every player left in the game is willing to bring me to the final.

Right now the biggest risk is Pola. He knows of my plans to get rid of horvie, but doesn’t agree. He thinks both of our best routes is to get to a final 3 of me, him, and horvie. Pola says each of them will choose me – maybe, but I think the way I am playing this makes a certainty of it, and it puts the decision in my hands and out of relying on others. I have also been setting the deck since the elimination of wildpike and now if I pull this off I think I have the best possible chance of making the final, and I think I have obtained 4 to 5 votes.

6/18/2014 11:31 PM
and the other from psap:

psap
To:
dublinuf
Received:
5/22/2014 12:02:00 PM
Subject:
can't resist another letter home
So its been a tough time with 6 players left in that I don’t feel I am in a position to win challenges.

With both geos and coachbug up for nomination, I felt I couldn’t win the POV because I didn’t want to risk losing the vote of one by choosing the other one of them. So I tried my best to pick a challenge team that I didn’t think would win, but looked competitive.

I am afraid I will have to the same thing again for this next HOH. Bish is going to nominate Ahrens as the replacement for geos, and ahrens will be voted off.

The reason I can’t win HOH is that I don’t have 2 players I am comfortable nominating with only 5 players left. I don’t mind nomination Pola, because he won’t be voted off, but the other nomination would have to be bish, geos, or coachbug and that might cost me a jury vote.

So I will rely on the strength of my partners, and the agreements that I think I have in place, to let them fight for what they believe is control of the game and their own survival by trying to win the HOH’s.

So lets say coach win HOH. He chooses bish and either pola or geos. I would probably ask him to put up geos, because otherwise after the POV I could find myself with pola as nominees. That is the only scenario I am trying to avoid. Pola would still go home, but that is not the final outcome I am looking for. So if bish and geos are up. I still don’t want to win POV, even though it means if pola wins in, I go up. That would be ok, because I would not be sent home as I still have the votes.

Things seem to be playing out ok, although this game is more complicated and there are more uncertainties than there are in Survivor.

BTW, Pola has been forwarding to me his interaction with bish, and it seems that I am just one ring higher on bish’s priority list than Pola is so that is a good confirmation. My biggest issue the past two rounds is that pola doesn’t seem to trust coachbug and I would like coach around longer – ideally him, me, and pola in the final 3.

6/18/2014 11:32 PM
If it were a veto that could be used after the POV, then I would have used it for sure.  That's when I knew I was in trouble.
6/18/2014 11:32 PM
Posted by polabonez on 6/18/2014 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 6/18/2014 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Looks like I only have stuff back to May.  I assumed dubs was keeping stuff, so I didn't.  Unfortunately, I don't have any of the "official" letters home, just some updates from a couple of players, speculating how things would play out.

Share them!
Dubs just did I think.
6/19/2014 2:26 AM
There's this one:

polabonez
To:
stevedotdec
Received:
6/6/2014 4:12:00 PM
Subject:
FINAL THREE

One challenge to go!

6/19/2014 2:27 AM
And this one:

polabonez
To:
stevedotdec
Received:
5/30/2014 1:12:00 PM
Subject:
Well
I'm going to lose a jury vote for sure if I make it that far, because when I thought I might lose the tennis challenge I made a guarantee to the bish that I'm not going to keep...but when you are the odd man out with 5 left, you make a lot of guarantees just to stay in the game...

But ahrens is right... we aren't going to leave this up to geos to decide.... and we have to look at who is better at the challenges... and coachbug is by far the worst left in the game.

Therefore, this is my official vote to send THEBISH home.

6/19/2014 2:28 AM
Also this one:

polabonez
To:
stevedotdec
Received:
5/29/2014 1:09:00 PM
Subject:
Tennis

Second - It was pretty fun to watch this time around. It's pretty insane counting down every game I need to survive (if I didn't win this POV I was pretty much gone, as GEOS who decided to wake up and play was "targeting" me, and I'm sure the other boys would love me to go home here too)

It's not over yet, but with Verdasco winning that last set instead of going down 3-0, I only need 4 more wins I believe out of Verdasco or Fognini who both play a full set at least. Since bish hit TB1 on the freaking head.

So....

I think I survived here. I'm not sure how the final 4 works, but I hope to get a chance to stick it right back in Geos ***.

That guy slips out from under Psaps rock all game (because ahrens and I made it happen) and now he thinks he's running the show?

I think not.

6/19/2014 2:29 AM
Here's another:

polabonez
To:
stevedotdec
Received:
5/11/2014 1:46:00 PM
Subject:
RE: counting the votes
Yeah so many ways. Like the challenge. Originally I liked a basketball score with innings pitched.

Now I'm thinking pitches thrown as the main factor (100 pitch counts are typical)

Either way. Great challenge.

-----Original Message-----
To: polabonez
Sent: 5/11/2014 1:38:00 PM
Subject: RE: counting the votes

this is an interesting challenge, alot of ways to go.

if i win you will not be my target either, i've got another plan all togehter

To: thebish
Sent: 5/11/2014 1:28:00 PM

Well if I win this HOH, I can promise you that you will not be MY target.

I have other plans on who should be the next jury member, and you are not it.

But it all comes down to the HOH.

If Horvie gets it, I don't believe he will target you either.

Sent: 5/11/2014 1:17:00 PM

i get what your saying, but even so, like you said, its about who will vote for you to stay and who wont. right now id say if i go against anyone in a vote im out, maybe against ahrens or coachbug i might have a shot, but doubt it. just saying if you are up again, i got your back

Sent: 5/11/2014 12:56:00 PM

I'm out of the country, and all last week my hotel had no wifi.

Now I have it only when I'm not on the job site which is at night, early am and if I get lunch at a restaurant that has wifi. That's why I haven't been as involved.

Honestly, this game isn't like survivor. I haven't played as part of a "block". The HOH could easily put up psap and geos next time and that is the two choices.

Basically I've just been trying to be fair with everyone and hope that when the time comes for me to be on the block I can get the help that I've given back.

Predicting a final 4 situation in Big brother is irrelevant, like it is easy to know in survivor, since survivor is all about the numbers.

This game comes down to who will vote for you to stay when that time comes, and who won't.

Sent: 5/11/2014 11:21:00 AM

Yeah, just cause I felt bad u askp for my vote and u didn't get it. Nothing personal, just no one was talking to me early enough. Also I have a feeling this 4 man of u, horvie, geos, and psap isnt really who u see as a final 4. If u need a swing vote im ur guy

Sent: 5/11/2014 11:03:00 AM

Did you mean to copy me on this bish?

Sent: 5/11/2014 10:53:00 AM

I did vote for polabonez, but to be honest I did it before I heard back from u or anyone else yesterday morning, cause I sent u a site ail Friday which u read but never responded to. I was sure if I would be able to vote during the day. Like I said in my response, my vote didn't matter, although I did ask dublinuf if I could switch it.

What I dont get is why you wouldnt get rid of polabonez, now u have no shot at winning. With 7 left, u, geos, polabonez, and horvie, may have the numbers, but no way polabonez lets u get to the final 3 with him.

Sent: 5/11/2014 10:08:00 AM
Subject: counting the votes

hey bish,

so i guess it was convenient that you never answered my sitemail, on this thread which you initiated, right? cause that way you never actually committed to voting for hardknox so i guess you can hold to the flimsy argument that you didn't break a commitment.

the downside is that fool me once, fool me twice, eh?

i guess i would feel better about it if you just came clean and told me you voted for pola, but that's just to satisfy my curiosity, i guess it really doesn't matter either way.

psap
To:
thebish
Received:
5/10/2014 10:19:00 AM
Subject:
RE: vote?

so ahrens has nominated you and nominated pola. his time is done as that is too many people to **** off with only 8 of us left. so unless horvie is turning on pola, which i don't think he is -- we need to vote hardknox out and then the next easy target to eliminate is ahrens as he can't participate in this next HOH.

so i think the call is vote together and eliminate hardknox. do you agree?

To: psap
Sent: 5/10/2014 9:47:00 AM
Subject: RE: vote?

simple as this: i have no allegiances to anyone. i wll say that on the last vote pola voted to keep me, while hardknox was the only one who would not tell me that he would have my back, and i had one vote against, so im guessing it was him. i like to be loyal, so that has me thinking about saving polabonez

for proof about me and ahrens working or not working together, i dont really have much other than the fact that if i was working with him, why would he have put me up on the block knowing that i probably dont have any other allies that would really save me? i picked you to play, but even then if you won i wouldnt really know if you would save me

what evidence links us other than the fact that i was with csudak and he and ahrens were partners? obviously that didnt work out well or he would still be here

seems pretty simple to me: coach is gonna save hardknox, horvie is gonna save polabonez, you and geos are link together, so my vote really doesnt matter. id like to be on the side that has the majority, thats why i reached out to you

Sent: 5/10/2014 9:39:00 AM
Subject: RE: vote?

its a curious nomination.

there were safer choices to make, but this was not one of them. so ahrens choice of pola has me thinking he believes he has the numbers.

it is consensus that you and ahrens are tightly together. all evidence seems to support this. if this is not the case, i'd like to hear you make the case why that is not so.

its solid reasoning to also believe that coachbug will not vote against hardknox, so in theory, now only a swing vote is needed to get rid of pola.

no one has solicited me to be that swing vote, and i don't suspect that geos is lying to me -- so he hasn't been solicited either.

so has horvie flipped against pola -- the guy he has been playing with the entire game? when pola made the AR teams, he specifically chose horvie. so that would be a BIG move, and i'm just not convinced that it is going to happen.

so that is what i am thinking.

care to share some details and thoughts with me like i have just done with you?

To: psap
Sent: 5/10/2014 9:32:00 AM
Subject: vote?

what are you thinking on this vote. i got no dog in this fight

6/19/2014 2:33 AM
Also:

psap
To:
stevedotdec
Received:
5/10/2014 4:46:00 PM
Subject:
psap update
Ahrens winning HOH and bish winning POV took an easy Ahrens or bish going home scenario, to a more complex situation.

Coachbug is still my closest ally, who I have been sharing nearly all my intel with, except for the fact that I want to compete against Pola in the final. Nothing against coachbug, but I simply want to beat Pola, and hopefully beat him convincingly in a win against the player who is considered the best. While coachbug has certainly earned a spot to be in the finals if I go, I kinda view this like the NFL. I think you have to knock on the door a few times before you go all way. I feel I have paid my dues a little bit to get into this position, and because of that I don’t want an easier path – I want a victory over pola.

The landscape appears to be pretty set at this point, but things could change.

Pola and horvie are together – but I have repeatedly told pola that my only intention is to face him in the final. I think he not only believes me, but I think he wants that outcome as well as he has stated it would be an “epic” finale. I also think he feels I could be beaten without much effort, but that is because I have hidden my relationship with coachbug, I have smoothed things over as much as I could voting out hardknox tonite, and I have worked respectful relationships with bish and Ahrens where I don’t think I will suffer much blowback. Whether I will be seen as one who has done more than pola to earn a victory (should it come to that) will be seen.

Hardknox is going home tonite in a 4-1 vote. Coachbug is voting for pola, but only because his vote was not needed to eliminate hardknox, and this permits him to not vote against his guy. Should his vote have been needed against hardknox to save pola (which was simply to save my ideal outcome), he stated he would have done so.

Geos is voting hardknox and bish and I also talked strategy and he will be voting hardknox also. Bish is playing free agent, which has been a good strategy up until this point in the game – but going forward having no allies gets you eliminated IMO, because it makes you an easy target as it really doesn’t upset anyone in your alliance.

So next to go is Ahrens. Why? Because he nominated both bish and pola this round. That’s an easy elimination pick for any HOH winner with the possible exception of bish. If bish wins, his only way to avoid being the next one eliminated after Ahrens is to keep Ahrens around and flip one or two others over.

I am still looking for an opportunity to get rid of horvie. #1 because I want to face pola in the finals, and #2 because he has an idol that seems to grant the power to set the elimination nominee if used before the POV. I am looking for an opportunity to get horvie on the block after the POV. I gave Ahrens all the hints in the world to nominate horvie without naming names (because I was afraid he would use the sitemail against me) but he named pola rather than horvie. Had he named horvie I would have rallied enough votes to get rid of horvie, which would have tied pola even closer to me.

If I win HOH I will put up two friendlies and ask that they pick two friendlies for the POV leaving Ahrens out of the mix. That way Ahrens gets nominated and goes home. If I don’t win I will ask the winner to do the same – and in all situations I believe they will.

My biggest risk at this point is losing coachbug because he senses something because of the loss of hardknox. But I have been closer to coachbug longer and tighter than anyone in this game, so I do believe his loyalites lie with me. I also believe I have the same priority position in my relationship with geos, and I think I have been honest enough with hardknox on his exit to get his vote. With usfbully I am not so sure, but I think I have done more than pola or anyone else in the psap, coachbug, pola, horvie, geos, hardknox alliance – the only one I would lose usf’s vote to is bish (definitely) or Ahrens. So I think that would give me 4 votes against pola. Now I need to make sure I get thebish – and I can get Ahrens blood on someone else’s hands I have a shot at 6 votes – the only exception being horive, who’s vote I am unlikely to ever get. So its actually in my best interest to lose this HOH and let someone else set up Ahrens for elimination.
6/19/2014 2:33 AM
That's all I got.  Wish I kept all the actual letters home saved...stupid WIS limiting your site mail history...
6/19/2014 2:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...129|130|131
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.