THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

To the Seattle fans:

I aint' going to lie....  I hate the Seahawks.  I hate watching them play.. not that I have anything against them they are just boring to me, always have been.  It's weird, considering I'm a Bears fan, and typically they both play the same type of football with grueling defenses (other than this year of course) but I think if I wasn't a Bears fan I would hate the Bears too for the same reason.  It's much more easy to like a team like Warner's Rams or Brady's Patriots or this year, Manning's Broncos.

The line comes out as a pick and instantly Denver is -2.   Everyone here in the office is talking about how Denver is going to roll them and how good they are.  

But I'm going to congratulate you now, because I think your team  is going to give you the pleasure of winning a Super Bowl.  Both with the way the line came out and the Vegas standpoint, and because ....  Defense wins championships.

I'm taking Seattle.  To win.    Thoughts?
1/20/2014 10:03 AM
Posted by polabonez on 1/20/2014 10:03:00 AM (view original):
To the Seattle fans:

I aint' going to lie....  I hate the Seahawks.  I hate watching them play.. not that I have anything against them they are just boring to me, always have been.  It's weird, considering I'm a Bears fan, and typically they both play the same type of football with grueling defenses (other than this year of course) but I think if I wasn't a Bears fan I would hate the Bears too for the same reason.  It's much more easy to like a team like Warner's Rams or Brady's Patriots or this year, Manning's Broncos.

The line comes out as a pick and instantly Denver is -2.   Everyone here in the office is talking about how Denver is going to roll them and how good they are.  

But I'm going to congratulate you now, because I think your team  is going to give you the pleasure of winning a Super Bowl.  Both with the way the line came out and the Vegas standpoint, and because ....  Defense wins championships.

I'm taking Seattle.  To win.    Thoughts?
just playing the money line is the way to go, forget the points.  Peyton in the Meadowlands is not beating the Seahawks.  oh, and try to stop hating on the seahawks and instead enjoy this awesome defense and collection of athletic/PED freaks if you can --  

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/stop-********-and-adapt-a-celebration-of-the-seahawks-defense/

btw, and just so you don't think i'm some northwest homer -- i'm a Pats fan from Boston.  
1/20/2014 10:19 AM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Seahawks are my team and have been for years so this is a long time coming for me.  I honestly think they are just to physical on both sides of the ball and will win this game.  That being said, Richard Sherman is a knucklehead for yesterdays interview, but in the whole scope of things its getting blown way out of proportion.
1/20/2014 4:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Here's my theory, he gets the job done better than anyone else in the game.   If the guy can't beat you, why not let the world know it after he shoved you in the face.
1/20/2014 6:22 PM
I would wait but...

I got 5 votes for ginevra &

1 vote for nyaggie

ginevra didn't vote, and therefore can't play an idol, so I don't have to wait. He's gone and there are things due tomorrow at noon.

1/20/2014 9:13 PM
Alright I screwed up in my wording of the challenge.

You need a full lineup for EACH of your three teams (Or three states in Slytherin's case)

Slytherin then needs to declare which team from their state.

1/21/2014 6:29 AM
I will extend the deadline to 5:30 PM
1/21/2014 6:29 AM
That really sucks.
1/21/2014 7:54 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/21/2014 7:54:00 AM (view original):
That really sucks.
Umm... Sorry I guess?
1/21/2014 8:44 AM
i think it made it much more interesting
1/21/2014 10:12 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/21/2014 8:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/21/2014 7:54:00 AM (view original):
That really sucks.
Umm... Sorry I guess?
LOL. This is my favorite exchange of the game so far.
1/21/2014 10:30 AM
Posted by thebish on 1/21/2014 10:12:00 AM (view original):
i think it made it much more interesting
Yeah, cause with your advantage you shouldn't lose unless you guys screw something up badly.
1/21/2014 11:24 AM
After Hufflepuff finished second, I was interviewed by the hot bartender. Note that I am NOT speaking on behalf of any other Hufflepuff members, and they are as surprised/disgusted/indifferent as anyone else. Here is a transcript of the interview:

Hot bartender: "Another second place finish for Hufflepuff - do you think Hufflepuff might win a challenge at some point?"

2chair: "WIN? WIN? WHAT'S THAT? WE'RE THE THIRD OR FOURTH BEST SURVIVOR TEAM IN WIS!!! IF YOU DON'T COUNT 40 OR 50 OTHER TEAMS!!! YOU CAN'T THROW YOUR MEDIOCRE MEDIOCRITY AT US!! YOU CAN'T THROW THAT GRIFFIN-DOLT SUCKTITUDE AT US! YOU CAN'T THROW EXCELLENCE AT US!! WE ARE THE MEAN! WE ARE THE MEDIAN! WE ARE THE AVERAGE!"

Hot bartender: {disgustedly wiping 2chair's spittle off her face}: Was anyone trash talking you today?

2chair: "AIN'T NOBODY TRASH TALKIN' US! YOU TRASH TALK US, AND I TALK BACK! AIN'T NOBODY ROUND HERE WANNA LISTEN TO NO 2CHAIR RESPONSE THAT I BE HITTIN' YOU WITH!!! YEAH, I DANGLED THAT PREPOSITION!!! WHATCHOO GONNA DO ABOUT IT? NOTHIN! I WENT TO VANDERBLIT! DON'T GOTTA GET NO GRAMMAR OR NOTHIN LIKE THAT TO GET NO VANDERBLIT DUHGREE! NOBODY TRASH TALK ME! I GOTTA VANDYBLIT DEGREE!!"

Hot bartender {looking around for bouncers}: Uhhh, what about dublinuf mixing up the challenge instructions?

2chair: "YO, HE CAN'T DO INSTRUCTIONS WITH ME AROUND! AIN'T NOBODY GONNA GET AWAY WITH THAT CRAP 'ROUND HERE! WE DON'T TAKE THAT! WHO HE THINK HE IS?? ALEX TREBEK?"

Hot bartender: "And..........it appears that the bouncers are throwing 2chair face first into a dumpster. We're going back to Sean Monotone and Matt Millen in the booth."

1/21/2014 12:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...131 Next ▸
THE ULTIMATE GD RSG -- Winner Revealed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.