1964 FunkyBB Progressive Draft Topic

2B-Pete Rose
12/10/2013 2:26 PM
3B Ron Santo
12/10/2013 2:57 PM
I don't care one way or the other about add/drop. I don't think it has any real impact except for the owners who choose to use it. I will not change any other rules affecting 1964, but I didn't think this is one that anyone would have a problem with. How does everyone feel? If most of you are opposed to it, I have no problem cutting the add/drop and having a vote later to decide if we want to implement it in the future. 
12/10/2013 3:29 PM
I prefer to not have it now and vote for next season.
12/10/2013 3:54 PM
It is fine with me funkybbfreak and thanks for organizing this by the way. 

I agree it does not really affect anything that has happened yet, nor make a huge difference either way, and why not have that flexibility. It is limited and does not go into effect until the end of this draft anyway. 

More troubling is that people are picking very good players ahead of me. Which I don't think should be allowed ! 
12/10/2013 4:25 PM
I don't care either way. Through personal experience I do think it is better to not make any changes after a draft has started, leave them for a vote for the next season. I did not see this as bullying though, one person just asked if the change could be made. Leave out the drama.
12/10/2013 4:31 PM
Fair enough. With apologies to spotsell, who asked for it, surely without realizing that it would cause a rift, I will pull that rules revision back and we can have a vote on the issue for 1965 going forward after we're done with the draft. And as I stated in my earlier post, there will be no other rules changes heading into the 1964 season. Any future changes will be subject to league-wide vote. 
12/10/2013 4:47 PM (edited)
Hah - too funny, I guess you were bullied into taking it back!

not a big deal wither way...

12/10/2013 4:56 PM
Alright, with that bump in the road behind us, let's move forward! I just sitemailed out info about going on the clock tomorrow. Times are now posted on page one of this thread. Whatever we have left in round one will be completed Wednesday, and we will move on to round two on Thursday. 
12/10/2013 5:02 PM
I respectfully request that we wait until late Friday or the weekend for the clock..there is a lot to digest in a short amount of time and starting the most important rounds during the work week is difficult for me and im sure several others..please consider this.
12/10/2013 5:08 PM

I go along with dino27 to start the timed portions on the weekend. 
12/10/2013 6:15 PM
Tough decision...but I will go with Luis Tiant.

sitemailing
12/10/2013 6:22 PM
I didn't get any replies when I sent out the sitemail last night suggesting the Wednesday start so I assumed no one had any issues with it. 

Most owners won't be picking Wednesday anyway as we will just be wrapping up round one, so for most of you it won't effect you until Thursday anyway.

At this early stage of the draft, it's not hard to know who the best players available are, and I have feeling if I had said I wanted to start it on Saturday, someone would say that weekends are harder for them, there's no pleasing everybody. So I am going to stick to the plan, the clock will be on tomorrow, but most owners won't need to pick again until Thursday.

12/10/2013 7:09 PM
Roberto Clemente
12/10/2013 7:28 PM
I know that this is not a good strategic pick but the power of Koufax compels me...SANDY KOUFAX-P
12/10/2013 7:32 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...37 Next ▸
1964 FunkyBB Progressive Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.