Metropolis is full, see you next season! Topic

Metropolis is a themed world with a core of long-term owners and a funny and friendly but competitive world chat. We are entering S17 and will be looking to roll quickly. We normally have a smooth rollover process with relatively few openings, some come and join us!

Sitemail me with questions or interest!

Here are the open franchises:

Florida (AL South) : This team has had a mix of up and down seasons in a pretty strong division. However, the largest contract you will inherit is $7.4 million, and it's got a low payroll overall. So this is a good opportunity for an owner who wants to compete right away or to take a more patient approach.

Here are the private world rules:
1. Each team must win a minimum of 52 games in a season and a minimum of 175 games over three consecutive seasons.

2. All NL teams must be named after a known superhero, and all AL teams must be named after a known supervillain.

3. Each team must play in a city where there is currently a professional sports franchise in real life. This includes any city that currently has a team in the MLB, NHL, NBA, or NFL.

4. Teams (regardless of ownership changes) must remain in the same ballpark for five seasons minimum. A maximum of three teams per season may relocate.

1/29/2014 8:37 AM (edited)

Excellent World. Fine Commissioner. Superb defending champion. 'Nuff said.

12/7/2013 11:06 AM
great opportunity to take control of teams for free ahead of time, going into an offseason.  And def a great world
12/7/2013 8:22 PM

You join us and you get a chance to rub shoulders with moustachee who is one of the finest World Series runners-up Metropolis has ever seen.

12/15/2013 7:14 AM
moustachee is good, but he is no etillma when it comes to losing the World Series...
12/15/2013 1:06 PM
The World Series has just ended. Join us today!
12/25/2013 1:59 PM
Great group of committed owners; zero bickering or shenanigans!
12/26/2013 9:17 AM

prahasmc is correct. No shenanigans in this world. If you have some shenanigans to share we can sorely use some. Come join us and bring 1 shenanigan and at least a bicker or two. Thank you.

12/27/2013 5:24 PM
I'd take chicago if you guys are ok with a new owner
12/28/2013 7:56 PM
rolltide I see you joining multiple worlds.  Whichever your first team is, I might suggest joining 1 world first and then expanding after getting a handle on the game.  Just a thought--but I'll leave acceptance up to the commisioners of course
12/28/2013 8:09 PM
To be fair I have tried to join many worlds and been declined as I am a new owner. I'm excited to play.
12/28/2013 9:17 PM
cool no worries--just wanted to make sure you weren't getting yourself into too much too quickly.  But yes gotta start somewhere
12/29/2013 2:16 AM
Still time to join this world and use it as a write-off on your 2013 taxes!
12/31/2013 9:46 AM
I will take Ottawa if you will have me.  I don't have a super long history (11 seasons) but I think I understand the game quite well.
12/31/2013 1:52 PM
Start the new year off right and join Metropolis today!
1/1/2014 12:13 PM
123 Next ▸
Metropolis is full, see you next season! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.