Questions concerning SIM Topic

I appreciate all of the hard work and effort that has gone and is still going into the SIm and version 3.0  However, I am still seeing things happen that don't resonate with me.  

Why does it seem like the SIM AI teams are so unpredictable when compared to their supposed SOS?  In this particular league, I beat the best teams in my division, while losing to two SIM AI teams that were 0-fer, or 1-fer teams.  That is rare air in reality.  Good teams with a 7-1, or 7-2 record generally don't lost to bad teams this late into the season.  Occasionally, there might be a loss to a team thats .500 or maybe a little under .500, but even that rarely happens.  So why the disparity?  

Also, I'd like to know if there might be too much emphasis placed on SOS.  I mean, it just plain looks weird when a 4-9 team is ranked higher than a 9-4 team, strictly based on their SOS.  I just don't think that's right.  It negates the accomplishment of the 9-4 team altogether, in my view.  I think SOS should play a role, but not as huge as it is, now.

Can anyone enlighten me on these points?  And, please, keep it clean and on the level.  I don't need derogatory and insulting remarks.  Besides, they only serve to make the person posting them look much less than intelligent.
12/6/2013 5:00 PM
I don't know the answer to your questions, but you might post this on the GD forum.  About the only reason anyone checks out this forum is to see the GUESS reports.  There are lotsa guys on the GD forum who might be able to help.  In my opinion rankings are only important at regular season end when the top 32 teams make the playoffs.  SOS is one of the factors used in determining rankings.  SOS has no effect on games, I think it just indicates the won/loss records of the teams you play.   Maybe you already knew all of  this stuff? 
12/10/2013 3:22 PM
Posted by moreron on 12/10/2013 3:22:00 PM (view original):
I don't know the answer to your questions, but you might post this on the GD forum.  About the only reason anyone checks out this forum is to see the GUESS reports.  There are lotsa guys on the GD forum who might be able to help.  In my opinion rankings are only important at regular season end when the top 32 teams make the playoffs.  SOS is one of the factors used in determining rankings.  SOS has no effect on games, I think it just indicates the won/loss records of the teams you play.   Maybe you already knew all of  this stuff? 
Thanks for trying to answer my questions.  Yes, I knew about SOS not affecting the individual games, but it does affect the WIS rankings and that's my bone of contention.  I think it factors too much in the rankings, when the spread should take care of those factors to begin with.  If I am playing a team ranked 220th, and the spread is 25 points, then if I beat the spread, MY team shouldn't fall 15-20 in the ranking simply because it played a much weaker team.  If my team doesn't beat the spread, then obviously it didn't have a strong outing and the rankings should reflect that.
12/10/2013 11:32 PM
I don't bother about SOS . Wis rankings take care of themselves as you progress during the season . Its wins you should be looking at . For the first couple of season schedule sims in Non conference games . Once you establish yourself vision improves with winning seasons and really helps with recruiting . . I have a team which went 9-4 in regular season with an Sos of approx. 80 . with a Wis of 27 . Right now I am playing the NC game after eliminating the #6 , #16 , #2 teams . So don't pay too much attention to Sos and get your wins 10+ a season .
12/12/2013 8:37 PM (edited)
disagree. Alot of solid, SOLID teams are losing to SIM's with fewer than 2 wins.  Not realistic. 
12/27/2013 1:48 PM
Questions concerning SIM Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.