Late season promotion bump Topic

I guess I will take all the credit for discovering this extra bump. Send all donations my way, for the people it has helped.
ENJOY
8/2/2014 9:47 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 12/8/2013 9:55:00 AM (view original):
I firmly believe there is no such thing as a "promotion bump" period.

As you say "Any bump is probably just because it was time, not due to the promotion itself".

I have seen evidence for this being the case, and NO evidence to make me think otherwise.

there definitely is a timing schedule, but in some instances when you promote nothing happens and in some instances you get the next scheduled bump slightly earlier and it's labelled as promotion instead of regular season. there must be something written into the code that it's labelled promotion and given early if it's T-[x] number of days before the scheduled one. Therefore, let's say it's getting near the end of the season and  the player is a due a bump in 5 cycles but there's only 3 cycles left in the season, you promote and get it early and you get the extra +1s of the learned stats. 

We can't assume that any remainders carry over into the next ST, if the remainders fall off (/get rounded down) then over the long-haul (3-4 seasons per prospect per team) it would probably make a big difference in the end
8/3/2014 2:21 AM
◂ Prev 123
Late season promotion bump Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.