Patriots Topic

Well, he has said it more than once now Mike, so I guess it must be true.
1/22/2014 4:03 PM
Nobody has disputed the numbers.  Not even Mike despite his claims to the contrary.  Because he can't.  He can cherry-pick numbers to make them equals.  He can't change the fact that at best Brady has 3 elite seasons, Brees has more than that, and Rodgers has 2 in a third of the career.  Manning has many more than that.

All of that means that Brady is not and cannot be the greatest ever, which is all I care about.  Mike is mad that I proved him wrong, and this is how he handles people that prove him wrong.
1/22/2014 4:12 PM
Care to point out where I said "Brady is the greatest"?

My point has been, always, that saying "Brady is nowhere near as good as Brees or Rodgers" is idiotic.   That's been proven over and over again.   Who made that moronic statement?
1/22/2014 4:41 PM
Own your own dumbass statement instead of chasing down someone that called you on it.
1/22/2014 4:55 PM
This thread is only 5+ pages long.  Surely you can find a post where I said "Brady is the greatest".   Assuming, of course, that's what I said.
1/22/2014 4:59 PM
Posted by slashtc on 1/22/2014 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Own your own dumbass statement instead of chasing down someone that called you on it.
1/22/2014 5:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/22/2014 4:59:00 PM (view original):
This thread is only 5+ pages long.  Surely you can find a post where I said "Brady is the greatest".   Assuming, of course, that's what I said.
As a little addendum to the above, I never said you said this.  This is more of you deflecting.
1/22/2014 5:57 PM
Posted by slashtc on 1/22/2014 5:57:00 PM (view original):
As a little addendum to the above, I never said you said this.  This is more of you deflecting.
Seems like Mikey actually got your panties in a bundle.

Mike has clearly said that he's not saying Brady is the greatest.  He's saying that your statement about Rodgers and Brees being far superior than Brady is flat out dumb.

To that, I agree.

I'll go a step further and say that Brady is far greater than Brees and Rodgers.  I'd put him on par with Manning (although I think he's better...bias in me).

Look where Brady plays his home games and most of this road games.  Outside (and mostly in the cold).  Yes, Rodgers does that same, but I'd say that New England has worse weather.  Might not be as cold, but it's usually wetter and more windy.  Brees is a dome QB.  Get him outside and he's different.  Still good, but not one of the best of the best.
1/22/2014 6:13 PM

Personally, I think Manning is above all of them.    Then Brady/Rodgers are pretty tight assuming, of course, that Rodgers doesn't continue to decline from his peak 2011 season(he was worse in 2012 and even worse in 2013).   He might be flatlining.  Brady has not.   Brees is below them.  He was sludging thru the NFL in SD and got lucky by hooking up with Payton.    Had he gone to Miami(the only other team interested in him), he'd be out of the league now. 

That said, Brady was pretty fortunate with his landing point.   Put him in Indy and he doesn't see the field until his rookie contract is up.   Then he has to convince someone that a 6th round pick, that his college constantly tried to replace, is worthy of a shot.   He might be out of the league too had the cards played differently.

1/22/2014 6:35 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/22/2014 6:13:00 PM (view original):

Mike has clearly said that he's not saying Brady is the greatest.  He's saying that your statement about Rodgers and Brees being far superior than Brady is flat out dumb.

To that, I agree.

I'll go a step further and say that Brady is far greater than Brees and Rodgers.  I'd put him on par with Manning (although I think he's better...bias in me).

Look where Brady plays his home games and most of this road games.  Outside (and mostly in the cold).  Yes, Rodgers does that same, but I'd say that New England has worse weather.  Might not be as cold, but it's usually wetter and more windy.  Brees is a dome QB.  Get him outside and he's different.  Still good, but not one of the best of the best.
I honestly think it's a coin-flip between Brees and Brady.  The counter to your argument above would be that Brees hasn't had a fearsome running game or defense during the vast majority of his career in New Orleans.  He faces teams that know the way to beat him is defend the pass on defense and hold the ball on offense against a mediocre D.  And he still puts up ridiculous numbers and wins games.  For me, it's:

Manning
Brady/Brees
Rodgers (still needs to sustain that level a while longer)
1/22/2014 6:37 PM (edited)
Posted by examinerebb on 1/22/2014 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/22/2014 6:13:00 PM (view original):

To that, I agree.

I honestly think it's a coin-flip between Brees and Brady.  The counter to your argument above would be that Brees hasn't had a fearsome running game or defense during the vast majority of his career in New Orleans.  He faces teams that know the way to beat him is defend the pass on defense and hold the ball on offense against a mediocre D.  And he still puts up ridiculous numbers and wins games.  For me, it's:

Manning
Brady/Brees
Rodgers (still needs to sustain that level a while longer)
Tell me again where Brady has had better RB's than Brees. 

Dillion sure....but Brees had LT for several years.
1/27/2014 1:51 PM
A Super Bowl ring given to the man whose eye was behind the lens of the infamous New England Patriots Spygate scandal is being sold at auction.

This Super Bowl ring given to Matt Estrella, whose eye was behind the lens of the New England Patriots Spygate scandal, is being sold at auction.
Goldin Auctions is selling the Super Bowl XXXIX ring once owned by Matt Estrella, who was an intern with the Patriots at the time.

The current bid for the ring, which will be sold on Friday, is $6,700, including buyer's premium.

On Sept. 9, 2007, Estrella was caught filming the signals of the New York Jets defensive coaches, which is against league rules.

After reviewing the tapes, the league imposed a $500,000 fine on coach Bill Belichick, the maximum fine allowed under the rules. The Patriots were fined $250,000.

Although the league was later criticized by Senator Arlen Specter for destroying the tapes, Jets coach Eric Mangini, who was a former Patriots assistant coach, later said he regretted turning in his former team.

Mangini said he didn't think the taping actually gave the Patriots a significant advantage but did serve to compromise how people viewed the team's previous titles, including the 24-21 Super Bowl XXXIX victory against the Philadelphia Eagles, the team's third title in four years.

According to an affidavit signed by Estrella, who sold the ring in May 2012 to the person who consigned the ring to Goldin for the auction, he worked for the team as an assistant in the team's video department until 2009.
2/6/2014 2:21 AM
Um...ok.  Like Mangina said...the filming didn't mean ****.  Like Cower, Johnson and countless others....spygate is/was a joke.  Pats (BB) were guilty of be arrogant and taping after they (he) was sent a memo telling them not to tape.

All it did was give you morons fodder to hate on them.  Nothing more...nothing less.
2/7/2014 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Patriots Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.