ODL Discussion & Vote - Rule X (div draft) Topic

This forum is open to discuss Rule X, the division draft rule.
X.  Returning division leaders from the prior ODL will draft the teams/owners in their division in the current ODL. Best to Last order using an AB sequence. In the case of a division leader not returning or declining the right to draft a division, the next best returning owner, from the division, may draft the division.

Options;
1) No change to Rule X
2) Random Draw, before drafting
3) Random Draw, after drafting

In the event that I receive a minimum of 20 votes from current or past ODL members, a consensus will be reached and the majority position will be Rule X. Without 20 votes there will be no rules change.

Again, civil discussion is most productive.

PLEASE VOTE
12/13/2013 10:56 AM (edited)
ANY RULES CHANGE WILL NOT EFFECT ODL XLV

Options;
                                                                                                                            Votes
1) No rules change                                                                                                            7
2) Random Draw, before drafting                                                                                   8   **10
3) Random Draw, after drafting                                                                                       5   
                                                                                                                 Total                   *21

** Owners indicating they vote with the majority = 2
*  The minimum consensus level has been reached

12/15/2013 12:47 PM (edited)

Me first..I love knowing who's in my division before the draft starts. It adds a whole new wrinkle. 1 vote for random draw before drafting..(2)

12/9/2013 7:05 PM
12/9/2013 7:18 PM
R. D. Before drafting.
12/9/2013 7:18 PM
The minimum of 20 votes is a benchmark, I want as many present, past & future owners of the ODL as possible to have a vote. This matter doesn't require an immediate resoluton and I'll wait until the end of the regular season of ODL XLV to tally the vote.
12/9/2013 7:27 PM
12/9/2013 8:17 PM
12/9/2013 8:55 PM
option 1
12/9/2013 9:04 PM
I think we should start with the question of random vs owner draft - if the numbers are there for random (both combined} then we can think about the question of before or after the draft - I kind of like before the draft because it adds to the stateegery - but in either case RANDOM
12/9/2013 9:18 PM
1. no change
12/9/2013 9:22 PM
1. No rules change
12/9/2013 10:07 PM
2) random before.

As mentioned on page 3, I'd like to change my vote to "no change".
12/12/2013 11:19 PM (edited)
I would prefer either 2 or 3. The draft was always one of my favorite parts of these leagues but it seems like people aren't using it for its original  purpose so ill go with
2 since it seemed to work well in the DDL
12/9/2013 10:57 PM
What about an owner draft before the player draft? I think that's been mentioned...
12/10/2013 7:26 AM
1234 Next ▸
ODL Discussion & Vote - Rule X (div draft) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.