I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

This site is really getting to be boring...

Years ago, I withdrew mainly to the world of progressives.  I'd come out for the occasional interesting theme, or to run an idea that was in my head. 

Now... I'm not even enjoying the progressives the way I used to. 

The game is old.  Stale.  No new challenges. 

Conversations in the forums aren't interesting... It's all been said before. 

I essentially play for free, so WIS isn't going to lose any revenue over me.... But even at free, it's hard to get too enthused over any of the themes, and the progressives have started to all feel the same to me. 

I won't leave immediately... But if they don't get some updates here soon, I can see the end coming. 
12/10/2013 8:18 AM
Ditto. Sad they're not listening to you, Len.
12/10/2013 10:30 AM
It would be miserable to see you go len...though I understand the lack of spice right now. I'm still enjoying the progressives I'm in, but I enjoy the GM side more than the sim manager side right now.

There are many loopholes right now in the game that I see as needing to be fixed, and there just hasn't been any feedback from admin to the ideas of the players to fix them.
12/10/2013 2:53 PM
I hear you Len.  While I have never played any Progressives, I've been active on the site for over 10-1/2 years and play themes which interest me. Since there have been few, if any, updates over the past several years, I can now draft successful/competitive teams in no time at all.    It would be cool to have a new learning curve experience.  Like you, I'm not leaving at the present time, but I do see that time approaching if there aren't any updates sooner than later.
12/10/2013 5:11 PM
I know it's not the point of the thread, but they WILL lose revenue if you leave. If you win a championship, you're forcing 23 other owners to not win a championship. If you leave, someone who would normally have to pay will step into your place in the winner's circle.

Anyway, hope you don't leave too soon. Whatever happened to the cosmetic changes they were touting a year or so ago?
12/10/2013 6:37 PM
Len and others on the SLB council can tell you the thread set up just for that has been frustrating.  The last thread was back in August when Len started a thread titled "Why is WIS letting this site die?"  No response from admin.  The last post from anyone in admin was July 17.  Before that it was June of 2012.
12/11/2013 3:45 AM
i have been slowly moving away for a while...sad...
12/11/2013 3:46 AM
I find that the thing keeping me here is Juice tournaments mostly. In one progressive as well, and an occasional interesting theme, but... yeah, without Juice it'd probably be boring.
12/11/2013 11:24 AM
I am down to just a couple teams as well. I haven t checked three times a day like I used to in months.
12/11/2013 7:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This is probably the post that admin should read.  Lot of longevity making comments.  If it does "peter out", at least we've had the years of fun to look back on.
12/12/2013 7:10 PM
WiS has gone down so much since being taken over by Fox. I miss the old days of having "Coaches meetings" at Willie's in Newport and actually talk to the Tarek and the other developers. I have played exclusively progressives for the past several years. There are 2 or three long time progressives (10+ IRL years) that I commish that are about to up and fold due to lack of interest. It's really sad. I will miss WiS, but the product hasn't changed in so long that it's driving the long time guys away.
12/13/2013 2:53 PM (edited)
I joined WiS in December of 2001. I wonder out of curiosity if there are any other active owners who have been around longer than that?
12/13/2013 2:50 PM
I feel the same way.  I basically abandoned my last two teams.
12/14/2013 1:41 AM
I may not be to far behind... 

Haven't been having any luck winning any prizes lately. I pay for teams to sit in leagues and wait to fill. I've tried progressives and never seem to have the time to run them properly. The site needs some updating. It's getting boring drafting the same ole players because they "work". 
12/14/2013 8:45 AM
1234 Next ▸
I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.