I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

seamar has a point. Interesting idea. It would mean inundating admin with the reason why this is happening and a forum thread where we all as commissioners could report on and confirm having held off on renewing the league and posting the note sent to admin. So everyone else would know that the others were doing it as well - this would avoid the "prisoner's dilemma" and also enable us to stay in communication over any changes in the situation. If everyone, not playing their leagues, stopped checking in, it would become counter-productive, leading to the end of a site we all want improved, not ended. 
12/20/2013 4:58 AM
Yes, a boycott would more likely hasten the site's demise than force the improvements we so desperately desire. A few more well-written, nonthreatening letters -- especially from influential HOFs like Len -- might make more of a difference (but that's probably wishful thinking). Even as a relative newcomer, I'd be quite sad to see this place go.
12/20/2013 10:01 AM
Posted by pinotfan on 12/16/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Here's something I just don't understand:

- we can pretty much trace the decline of this site to when Fox took over (I'm not a Fox basher, I'm not a Fox lover, just making an observation);

- there is no way this site makes Fox a lot of money: the stock didn't soar on the acquisition of WIS, nor would it swoon if WIS was sold;

- to my knowledge, Fox does not have a competing site;

- given all that, why the $^@( did Fox buy WIS?
so they could simulate games and say they had an award winning predictorsaurus

thats all it is
12/30/2013 10:34 AM
I like WIS although I'm relatively new and not very good at it . Some of you made reference to other sims... What are those? I would like to try them too, plus it would be nice to have a fallback if WIS eventually disappears.
1/1/2014 7:09 PM
tribe_fan_09 inspires a good point: If WIS disappears and their are, or will be new SIM baseball games, most of us will not know bout it. We will not have access to each other to share any information. WIS has the data base of players and it would dissolve with the league. Should one of you tech savvy WISers start a database for us to sign into?
1/30/2014 10:15 PM
I'm down to two progs and the occasional theme.  I'm still enjoying the progs and find if there's one thing that the SIM does pretty well is recreating single seasons.

That said, one of the things I like the most about the SIM is the community, and on that note... don't go biglenr.
2/4/2014 12:57 PM
Still here....

I'm  really not enjoying it very much though.... I've got a dozen or so teams to burn through, and by the time I do, I'll probably have a dozen more..... Hard to quit.  
2/6/2014 3:38 PM
Here's a bit of a counter...the last team I drafted was back in 2007. I became disenchanted, slowed down and stopped altogether. Then, on a whim, I decided to get back into it just 2 weeks ago. I bought a block of 6 teams and all of a sudden the enthusiasm, the excitement seemed to flood back. Now, here I am waiting like a 10 year old at his first anticipated big league game waiting for the theme leagues to fill up. It doesn't matter that it's pretty much the same thing (and I have to re-learn that which I've forgotten). There's nothing quite like drafting a team with aspirations of winning a WS. The point being...absence does make the heart grow fonder and for those who talk about giving it a break---then that is probably what one should do for a while. The developers and movers of this game have seen this thread and may likely champion a change. WiS, Fox, will look for ways to preserve their best interests and keep the audience who will find this great fun. I did once and I have again. So will many of you, and if you just need some time away---take it and come roaring back!
2/9/2014 4:14 PM
Stlyward - welcome back! Your advice is well-reasoned, although I'm not sure how WIS would fare if we all took seven years off!
2/9/2014 4:18 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/30/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pinotfan on 12/16/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Here's something I just don't understand:

- we can pretty much trace the decline of this site to when Fox took over (I'm not a Fox basher, I'm not a Fox lover, just making an observation);

- there is no way this site makes Fox a lot of money: the stock didn't soar on the acquisition of WIS, nor would it swoon if WIS was sold;

- to my knowledge, Fox does not have a competing site;

- given all that, why the $^@( did Fox buy WIS?
so they could simulate games and say they had an award winning predictorsaurus

thats all it is
I agree with this 100%.

Fox figured, "Why pay someone to run simulations when we can just acquire a simulation engine that pays for itself?"

Now I know how the Charlestown Chiefs felt.
2/13/2014 12:16 PM
◂ Prev 1234
I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.