GD Update 12/10/2013 Topic

An update has been released.  The highlights of it are:
  • Engine/Play-by-Play bug fixes
  • Adjustment to the default formation settings
  • Practice Plan page now displays your active main playbooks to help set up which formations to practice
  • Re-ordering of the Coaching Menu to help its flow
  • New general waiting list to be notified when any world opens 
The default formation settings were adjusted to reduce the RB distributions in the passing settings as they were too high.  Also a TE will be used in passing for the default Pro-Set and Notre Dame Box formations.

Your saved default formation settings will not be adjusted.  You'll only see these new values if you reset your formation setting to the default values or if you have never saved a specific formation's settings.

12/10/2013 5:31 PM
nice update. any word on when we will get to place rb's into wr slots in shotgun?  Oh and thanks yanking my player away from me in recruiting. j/k you can have that scrub. :) 
12/10/2013 6:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Good stuff Redhawk.  Any chance deleting playbooks is on the agenda? 
12/10/2013 7:33 PM
Nice update, deleting playbooks would be awesome and RB's in the slot. But thanks for the POSITIVE feedback and update release being made public it's appreciated!
12/10/2013 7:50 PM
Posted by samson75 on 12/10/2013 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Good stuff Redhawk.  Any chance deleting playbooks is on the agenda? 
Yes
12/10/2013 8:07 PM
Thank you for the update.  Do you think you guys (oriole / Redhawk) can post a prioritized list of the outstanding issues as you see them?  
12/10/2013 8:27 PM
1. Timeouts - Currently the logic is only set to be used when you management is set to Conserve Clock. This is fine for most of the game, but in the final minutes of a losing game on defense or offense the logic should be similar regardless of the clock management. I've made the changes, and they are being tested in my test league and should be released in the following update. 
2. Bad Penalty Text - A common complaint is that a penalty (mostly facemask) that is added on to the end of the play is confusing. I've updated the text and again it is on my server for testing. Should be pushed in the next release. 
3. Fatigue - I'm in the process of setting up a new test suite that will allow me to modify the factors of fatigue throughout a game. I'll be adjusting these and modifying them to make fatigue matter across a game. 
4. Running with Receivers - I'll be looking into the effects and results of running with receivers and working on a way to create a better alternative to the way things are currently happening. 
5. Play By Play - There is still some confusing text in the PBP that I'm looking to eliminate and reword. Also I'd like to add a little more variety to the output. 
12/11/2013 11:49 AM
Please don't put in artificial restraints on running with WR.  Fatigue should be the real solution here -- running the ball should cause a lot of fatigue for a WR, and tiring them out from excessive running is (IMHO) the best way to address that issue.
12/11/2013 12:20 PM
Thanks, I'll try to do it that way. 

12/11/2013 12:28 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 12/11/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Please don't put in artificial restraints on running with WR.  Fatigue should be the real solution here -- running the ball should cause a lot of fatigue for a WR, and tiring them out from excessive running is (IMHO) the best way to address that issue.
Agree
12/11/2013 12:39 PM
+1

Plus, I'll add, please don't put restraints on running with the QB.  If a player has good/great rushing attributes (SPD/ELU/ATH/etc), then they should be good/great at rushing, even if it is from non-customary positions like QB and WR.

12/11/2013 12:59 PM
Posted by bhouska on 12/11/2013 1:01:00 PM (view original):
+1

Plus, I'll add, please don't put restraints on running with the QB.  If a player has good/great rushing attributes (SPD/ELU/ATH/etc), then they should be good/great at rushing, even if it is from non-customary positions like QB and WR.

See: Denard Robinson or Pat White
12/11/2013 1:26 PM

"New general waiting list to be notified when any world opens."  Hahahahahahahaha. 

12/11/2013 1:31 PM
LOL What does the note "New general waiting list to be notified when any world opens." mean?  Are you indicating that new worlds will be in the future of GD?
12/11/2013 4:11 PM
123 Next ▸
GD Update 12/10/2013 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.