Thanks for the advice everyone. I will go with player A, and next season I will be looking for a great rebounder.
12/13/2013 11:31 PM
Player A is going to be a significantly better defender and offensive threat.    Player B will be a better rebounder, marginally.

I would take A all the time.    I can't think of  a realistic situation where B would be a better fit for a team.
12/13/2013 11:32 PM
Posted by carson333 on 12/12/2013 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by backboy13 on 12/12/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
Player A is better by a wide margin, although you won't be able to use him at center and will only be able to use him at PF if you don't value rebounding that much or have great rebounding elsewhere. He has a chance to become a very good scorer, and while Player B isn't horrible, his ATH won't cut it at the D2 level.
The rebounding is the problem I have with player A. I don't have that great of rebounding PFs or Cs, but my SFs are really good. How important of a roll do BH and P have for a PF in D2?
It won't be as bad as you think. The decent athleticism with high potential will definitely help. It's close but by the end of the year and in the future, player A would be the best option.

I also like player A because he has high potential in several important categories. If the rebounding doesn't work to your liking, just move him to SF.

12/14/2013 1:15 AM (edited)
i agree, A is better, but i would say i would scout more and try to find a guy who will end with at least 60 ath and 80 reb instead. please dont take this the wrong way, but i would probably take a walkon and continue to look more next season, rebounding is so important in your big men - with those ath/reb levels, either of them would get killed by the average NT team. with B prestige, you have to be shooting to be an average NT team (if not higher), so really, i would scout more, or take a walkon, or take player A to play SF. i think most coaches are way too cautious about taking a walkon here and there, which is why i bring it up...
12/16/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/16/2013 6:04:00 PM (view original):
i agree, A is better, but i would say i would scout more and try to find a guy who will end with at least 60 ath and 80 reb instead. please dont take this the wrong way, but i would probably take a walkon and continue to look more next season, rebounding is so important in your big men - with those ath/reb levels, either of them would get killed by the average NT team. with B prestige, you have to be shooting to be an average NT team (if not higher), so really, i would scout more, or take a walkon, or take player A to play SF. i think most coaches are way too cautious about taking a walkon here and there, which is why i bring it up...
I got player A and was also able to get a center with 80-90 rebounding potential. My SF I also got will end up over 70 reb so I will probably play him at pf. Thanks for the advice.
12/16/2013 7:38 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.