Do you get ****** off if someone always seems to make everything about themselves, attempts to create a big deal out of nothing , and then supports it with numbers that are all relative to circumstances and levels of competition. Move along.
12/15/2013 5:01 PM
nobody made you post or read this em-jay-dub...
12/15/2013 8:04 PM
colonels, I will answer your post. Personally, I don't like it either. I can't do anything about it, but it's more sad than anything else watching something you built fall apart. I had one team I left and felt strongly enough about it that I created another ID to go back there. Unfortunately, after struggling a few seasons to build it back up, I finally built up a championship level team with some real studs, and someone reported me that my team was too close to my other and I had to move (yes my fault, but I just missed that team and didnt want to leave the one I was at). Anyways he took them to sweet 16 the next year (that team probably could have made it that far without coaching changes) and then progressively it got worse as my recruits began to leave. Now that team is in the dumps again :(
12/15/2013 11:22 PM
Ahhh, what a shame...was it stinenavy that ratted you out?  That seems to be his thing and that's why I'm asking.
12/15/2013 11:49 PM
Lol. I knew who at the time, but I don't believe it was him.
12/16/2013 3:10 PM
seriously colonels? you coached for TWO seasons and then ***** the new guy isn't taking care of your dearly beloved old program? give me a break. first, if you were there for years (real years), this post would still be bad form. second, because its two seasons, its RIDICULOUSLY bad form. the coach who takes over your old program owes you nothing, and has done nothing to you by messing them up. can it be frustrating if they stink up the place? sure. but that is not even close to the grievance that this coach now has against you for you being a giant douchebag by bringing this up here publicly. 

these kind of complaints are dubious at best, and only really are somewhat passable when someone is so emotionally attached to a program they poured effort into for a long period of time. if you dont want someone to screw it up, dont leave! if you leave, that coach doesn't owe you ****. but if you spent years there you sort of can get a pass when you are a whiner and complain about it on the conference chat, because we can all relate to leaving a dearly beloved program. but when you are a mediocre coach replaced by a mediocre coach (no offense to the other guy, never heard of him), after coaching for two seasons using the school as a stepping stone, now you *really* have no ground to stand on. so you are griping on an extremely sketchy issue to start, even in the best of cases, with an extremely mild version of the issue. but you go so far as to specifically call someone out for everyone to see. its pathetic, really.
12/16/2013 3:52 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/15/2013 8:04:00 PM (view original):
nobody made you post or check on the new coach. his post was at least as valid as your on that position and a hundred times more so on content. in fact, by making your idiotic post publicly, you are just asking for people to explain to you what a boneheaded idiot you are. meanwhile, the coach in question did nothing to ask you to make this post. once again... you have no ground to stand on. your best bet, as it has been in posts like this in the past, is to quit while you are ahead. and by ahead, i mean pretty far behind, but not as behind as you will be when you open your mouth the next time. or the next time. or the time after that :)
12/16/2013 3:56 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/16/2013 3:53:00 PM (view original):
seriously colonels? you coached for TWO seasons and then ***** the new guy isn't taking care of your dearly beloved old program? give me a break. first, if you were there for years (real years), this post would still be bad form. second, because its two seasons, its RIDICULOUSLY bad form. the coach who takes over your old program owes you nothing, and has done nothing to you by messing them up. can it be frustrating if they stink up the place? sure. but that is not even close to the grievance that this coach now has against you for you being a giant douchebag by bringing this up here publicly. 

these kind of complaints are dubious at best, and only really are somewhat passable when someone is so emotionally attached to a program they poured effort into for a long period of time. if you dont want someone to screw it up, dont leave! if you leave, that coach doesn't owe you ****. but if you spent years there you sort of can get a pass when you are a whiner and complain about it on the conference chat, because we can all relate to leaving a dearly beloved program. but when you are a mediocre coach replaced by a mediocre coach (no offense to the other guy, never heard of him), after coaching for two seasons using the school as a stepping stone, now you *really* have no ground to stand on. so you are griping on an extremely sketchy issue to start, even in the best of cases, with an extremely mild version of the issue. but you go so far as to specifically call someone out for everyone to see. its pathetic, really.
I kind of have to agree with just about all of this Colonels.  Sorry, but it's not like you had spent any real time at the place and poured hours and hours and months and months into the team. 

Plus, if I'm looking at the team's history correctly, you inherited an A+ prestige team and left it with an A prestige, so why do you get to ***** about the team going downhill when you had apparently started the downhill slide yourself?  Bad form Trevor, just simply, bad form.
12/16/2013 4:59 PM

Where the **** did I say "dearly beloved old program"?  I did say "at your old school"...your interpretation/exaggeration of my comments is quite misleading.  Again the main points are this.  The guy's at an A- (just where I happened to coach), he has 2 spots to fill and doesn't get pulldowns/dropdowns for either (which is rather pathetic for an A- prestige if you ask me), and cuts my 120-135th ranked, to be Junior C, to grab a walk-on.  It's just pathetic and needed mention made of it.  I could give a **** if you think it's good form or not...the guy made some questionable (and by questionable I mean foolish) moves, and to a degree, bastardized a tournament team.  He took over a good humanized A- team, not a dwindling D- sim_ai project...but the way he's managed the team thus far, you couldn't really tell.
12/16/2013 7:51 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/16/2013 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/15/2013 8:04:00 PM (view original):
nobody made you post or check on the new coach. his post was at least as valid as your on that position and a hundred times more so on content. in fact, by making your idiotic post publicly, you are just asking for people to explain to you what a boneheaded idiot you are. meanwhile, the coach in question did nothing to ask you to make this post. once again... you have no ground to stand on. your best bet, as it has been in posts like this in the past, is to quit while you are ahead. and by ahead, i mean pretty far behind, but not as behind as you will be when you open your mouth the next time. or the next time. or the time after that :)
Shaddap! lol
12/16/2013 7:55 PM
tempted to buy and build up accounts in all of your worlds with the sole purpose being to take over teams after you and cutting everyone you recruited
12/16/2013 8:01 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/16/2013 7:51:00 PM (view original):

Where the **** did I say "dearly beloved old program"?  I did say "at your old school"...your interpretation/exaggeration of my comments is quite misleading.  Again the main points are this.  The guy's at an A- (just where I happened to coach), he has 2 spots to fill and doesn't get pulldowns/dropdowns for either (which is rather pathetic for an A- prestige if you ask me), and cuts my 120-135th ranked, to be Junior C, to grab a walk-on.  It's just pathetic and needed mention made of it.  I could give a **** if you think it's good form or not...the guy made some questionable (and by questionable I mean foolish) moves, and to a degree, bastardized a tournament team.  He took over a good humanized A- team, not a dwindling D- sim_ai project...but the way he's managed the team thus far, you couldn't really tell.
"its just pathetic and needed mention made of it" - uh, no, it didnt. if you didnt mention it, everything would have went on fine. this post is not helping anything or anyone, nor is it making any situation better. so to say it needed to be mentioned is just silly.

second, yes, you didn't say "dearly beloved old program" - you are right about that. its a reasonable assumption that its one's "dearly beloved old program" though, when they go on a rant about the next guy screwing it up. if you don't really care about your old program, you are SIMPLY calling someone out for making a bad decision in HD, which is absolutely a complete and total dick move. congrats, if at all possible, you just made this look even worse! there are a lot worse moves made, why don't you walk around calling them all out? you aren't that great of a coach yourself, should all the better coaches than you start forum threads to point out all the dumb **** you do? you know how many coaches bastardize tournament teams? i mean ****, if that is the standard, there'd be fifty posts a day.

and to say you dont care if someone thinks its good form, like that suggests someone shouldnt post that, is just ridiculous - by that logic, you shouldn't post anything, ever! ok, maybe that is a bit extreme :) but this thread certainly falls in that bucket. always nice (sort of) for you to give us something to argue about, though :)
12/16/2013 8:50 PM
Posted by tacokisses on 12/16/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
tempted to buy and build up accounts in all of your worlds with the sole purpose being to take over teams after you and cutting everyone you recruited
lol
12/16/2013 8:52 PM
I understand the idea, colonels. When I spend time building up a program, I want to leave it in a place to succeed even after I'm gone. And it would frustrate me when an incompetent coach comes in after me and runs everything into the ground (which I don't think has happened to me). But I also have come at it from the other side, and I haven't ever picked up a school with good prestige and been able to just keep the success going. I always have a hell of a time trying to figure out my predecessor's recruits, and I have cut players that were signed by excellent coaches before. Maybe it's a deficiency on my part, or maybe it's just different coaches valuing different things. If the guy behind me cut a potential all-American, I might be pretty annoyed, but if it was a borderline starter who had maybe just had some blue potentials change to black in the offseason (so the guy following me doesn't know the true potential)? That's different. 

Also, pulldowns are not always better than players on the D2 list. I've had years where I've gone all pulldowns and years where I've gone no pulldowns. Sometimes you can dumpster dive and find some amazing players. I've got a player in Iba D2 who started with a rating around 430 and is going to be a fantastic PF. 
12/16/2013 11:04 PM
Gillispie, critique away. I don't play or subscribe to a lot of the theories that the "good" coaches do, but I'm a better player at this game than a lot of people think I am...u urself said you couldn't believe the team I built at Mount Olive. U can think I'm a boob all u want but the proof is in the pudding...I'm an above average to good coach. If I cared what u thought of my "form" too, don't u think I'd shut up and try to save face?

Also, good luck waiting around for my teams because I'm at the 2 schools I eant to be at basically forever...funny that some of u are arguing sour grapes when i left gcsu to take my dream job at a human less New Orleans club...I'm the only human coach at Mount Olive too...that's my thing and the people that know me; know that.
12/17/2013 12:47 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.