I had fun yesterday in Allen when I arranged for my Alabama team to play Arizona State in an exhibition.  Aubietom/wareagletom had coached the two schools - I am rather sure from his comments in coaches corner over the seasons that it is one guy tom.  He left that world and I moved from Grambling to Bama.  So, it seemed fun to have his two teams play a going away party game.

I love to joke with prior coaches or folks who follow me about court naming events, statues, etc etc......
12/17/2013 7:48 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2013 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Gillispie, critique away. I don't play or subscribe to a lot of the theories that the "good" coaches do, but I'm a better player at this game than a lot of people think I am...u urself said you couldn't believe the team I built at Mount Olive. U can think I'm a boob all u want but the proof is in the pudding...I'm an above average to good coach. If I cared what u thought of my "form" too, don't u think I'd shut up and try to save face?

Also, good luck waiting around for my teams because I'm at the 2 schools I eant to be at basically forever...funny that some of u are arguing sour grapes when i left gcsu to take my dream job at a human less New Orleans club...I'm the only human coach at Mount Olive too...that's my thing and the people that know me; know that.
If you care so little about everyone's opinions and theories, why do you post on the forums? Why do you even visit them? Go write stuff on your website that 12 people visit every year. I'm sure your website is better than people think, too, btw.
12/17/2013 8:39 AM
Don't have experience in d2 but one of the best players I've had in my 12 seasons or so was a d3 recruit. Alvares on Augustana in Naismith... I feel like the same would apply to the higher levels as far as every once in a while you may find a d2 guy worth getting rather than a d1. Another thing that's never mentioned is he could of had multiple high highs and maybe he got them for dirt cheap..... Hilarious thread though.
12/17/2013 9:38 AM
I agree with Trevor.   He is a C+ level coach.
12/17/2013 10:26 AM
At least let the guy finish 1 season before you rake him over the coals!  5-3, 86 RPI so far isn't exactly going in the crapper relative to team history.

So he cut a decent JR.  I see the team has 4 JRs already, so maybe he wants more class balance.  It strikes me as pretty narrow-minded to ridicule a move without knowing why it was done..and the only support is "he was the 120th ranked C".  So what?  I've seen 120th ranked players I wouldn't want on my D3 team.
12/17/2013 4:45 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 12/17/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Gillispie, critique away. I don't play or subscribe to a lot of the theories that the "good" coaches do, but I'm a better player at this game than a lot of people think I am...u urself said you couldn't believe the team I built at Mount Olive. U can think I'm a boob all u want but the proof is in the pudding...I'm an above average to good coach. If I cared what u thought of my "form" too, don't u think I'd shut up and try to save face?

Also, good luck waiting around for my teams because I'm at the 2 schools I eant to be at basically forever...funny that some of u are arguing sour grapes when i left gcsu to take my dream job at a human less New Orleans club...I'm the only human coach at Mount Olive too...that's my thing and the people that know me; know that.
If you care so little about everyone's opinions and theories, why do you post on the forums? Why do you even visit them? Go write stuff on your website that 12 people visit every year. I'm sure your website is better than people think, too, btw.
U can't even beat my ****** d1 team playa
12/17/2013 5:07 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/17/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
I agree with Trevor.   He is a C+ level coach.
If that's the case, you're right there with me
12/17/2013 6:11 PM
Run your #' G, see how I match up....
12/17/2013 7:31 PM
Posted by killbatman on 12/17/2013 4:45:00 PM (view original):
At least let the guy finish 1 season before you rake him over the coals!  5-3, 86 RPI so far isn't exactly going in the crapper relative to team history.

So he cut a decent JR.  I see the team has 4 JRs already, so maybe he wants more class balance.  It strikes me as pretty narrow-minded to ridicule a move without knowing why it was done..and the only support is "he was the 120th ranked C".  So what?  I've seen 120th ranked players I wouldn't want on my D3 team.
This.  Instead of posting on the forum insinuating that the coach is an idiot, maybe shoot them a sitemail or a coaches corner saying something like "Hey, I see you cut player x.  I was just curious what your rationale was."  Never know...you might learn something that you hadn't thought of.
12/17/2013 7:45 PM
Btw...don't look now...tcole must have promised his 2 frosh starts because they're both -31 in WE...great job recruiting, no?...again not even pulldowns...just keeps proving me right.
12/17/2013 7:58 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/17/2013 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Run your #' G, see how I match up....
Peep 'em, chooch...I'm right there with you.
12/17/2013 8:14 PM
forever.... or until my sugar daddy stops paying...
12/17/2013 9:01 PM
I am going to go with... he thought of my plan before me. tcole is brilliant
12/17/2013 9:06 PM

dont read too much into the mount olive thing. its like saying WOW, how does that no-armed monkey manage to urinate without ******* all over himself??
12/17/2013 9:38 PM
I was better than you thought I was, that's the point.
12/17/2013 9:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.