Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2013 9:49:00 PM (view original):
I was better than you thought I was, that's the point.
You should change the title of this thread to "my 3,000th post".
12/18/2013 11:07 AM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2013 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jetwildcat on 12/17/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2013 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Gillispie, critique away. I don't play or subscribe to a lot of the theories that the "good" coaches do, but I'm a better player at this game than a lot of people think I am...u urself said you couldn't believe the team I built at Mount Olive. U can think I'm a boob all u want but the proof is in the pudding...I'm an above average to good coach. If I cared what u thought of my "form" too, don't u think I'd shut up and try to save face?

Also, good luck waiting around for my teams because I'm at the 2 schools I eant to be at basically forever...funny that some of u are arguing sour grapes when i left gcsu to take my dream job at a human less New Orleans club...I'm the only human coach at Mount Olive too...that's my thing and the people that know me; know that.
If you care so little about everyone's opinions and theories, why do you post on the forums? Why do you even visit them? Go write stuff on your website that 12 people visit every year. I'm sure your website is better than people think, too, btw.
U can't even beat my ****** d1 team playa
In all honesty, I probably should have cut half this team when I took it over.
12/18/2013 8:14 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 12/18/2013 2:18:00 AM (view original):
You should change the title of this threat to "my 3,000th post".
Or "Hey, look at me some more!"
12/18/2013 8:54 AM
Mock trash talk: it's a crack-up. Can't help it, I visualize the trash-talking exchanges as Michael Bolton from Office Space jawing with another guy just like that (instead of say, Gary Payton [no offense to any trash-talkers here who look like ballers in real life, or those that do not].) Happy Holidays, lads!
12/18/2013 10:37 AM
where is my stapler?
12/18/2013 10:58 AM
Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
12/18/2013 11:09 AM
Milton is the biggest reason that movie is awesome. The company, including Lumberg, tries to screw him over but Milton gets the last laugh.

"And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this place down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your nation's board of tourism and I could have this place condemned."

12/18/2013 11:18 AM
Posted by bistiza on 12/18/2013 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Milton is the biggest reason that movie is awesome. The company, including Lumberg, tries to screw him over but Milton gets the last laugh.

"And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this place down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your nation's board of tourism and I could have this place condemned."

+1

In all seriousness...I can see where colonels19 is coming from. I left my long-time job at Oberlin to pursue a "dream job" at a higher level. The second I was accepted at the new school I was like, "What the hell did I just do!?!" I ended up paying more attention to what the new Oberlin Coach was doing than what was happening at my new school. Did I complain on the Forums? No, but I did rant in a few sitemails to some colleagues. Should I have just minded my own business? Definitely. I learned a few things in a situation like this:
1. If you don't want your old program run a different way-don't leave it.
2. That new Coach paid $ to run that school-he can do whatever he wants.
Does it suck that someone might be "trashing" (in your opinion) what you built, regardless of the time you put in? Yeah...but if you move on to a different school it's out of your hands.
12/18/2013 11:30 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 12/18/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
You should change the title of this thread to "my 3,000th post".
I hadn't even noticed...#swangin
12/18/2013 8:15 PM
tcole23
Well that PI championship is sort of like sticking a band aid on the gaping wound that was my season. I'm not cut out to coach this talent. Hopefully someone else can do better. Good luck to you guys.
1/4/2014 2:27 PM
Vindicated!   You were so right!  Wow!  You're awesome!  
1/4/2014 2:31 PM
ahhh trentontroll...there you are...
1/4/2014 2:34 PM
Colonels,

I gotta tell ya.  I am relatively new to the forum.  Played HD a couple of years ago briefly, and then recently got back into it with a bit more effort.  I have read some of your threads recently and you just come off as a jerk.  And, when I see you type that you don't care what others think, I have to wonder why you are then arguing with someone to get them to see your point of view.  If you truly don't care, then stop caring.

1/6/2014 9:55 AM
Posted by crwkmw123 on 1/6/2014 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Colonels,

I gotta tell ya.  I am relatively new to the forum.  Played HD a couple of years ago briefly, and then recently got back into it with a bit more effort.  I have read some of your threads recently and you just come off as a jerk.  And, when I see you type that you don't care what others think, I have to wonder why you are then arguing with someone to get them to see your point of view.  If you truly don't care, then stop caring.

CRWKMW123 USED LOGIC.
IT HAS NO EFFECT!

1/6/2014 12:02 PM
I'm used to opposition just for the sake of opposition, so I don't necessarily expect a "true" discussion or what have you when I post.

I'm glad that you're back playing HD, crw...to me this is clearly the best game on the internet and far and away the best college basketball game ever.  You may not like my delivery, and I admittedly get out of hand on occasion, but you know what the conclusions of my threads normally are?...colonels was right...Exhibit A.

People want/expect me to be the "good soldier" and that's just not me.  I hope you enjoy your second stint, man...take care.
1/6/2014 12:13 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.