Hoops Dynasty Conference Topic

Heys guys, I figured most of us are from all over the nation and maybe even world. Was curious if anyone has ever hosted a Hoops Dynasty Conference. Obviously if Whatifsports hosted an official one that would be cool and we could address issues and stuff. I know a great number of guys are from the midwest Cinci, Indy, Chicago.... if we all met at a certain bar up in Indy on a weekend in Dec 28th, January or Feb. 1st or new years would there be interest? It would be cool to meet some coaches that you didn't know were an hour away and you had a long rivalry with or something like that.
12/18/2013 11:40 AM
If there were folks in Raleigh I'd definitely meet up for a beer, nerdy as that may be. But I also have the impression that everyone is from the midwest. 
12/18/2013 1:08 PM
nice thought, but except for matching faces to usernames - what's the point? 
admin ignores us as it is - why would they want to go to the trouble of actually meeting us to hear our suggestions/comments/complaints?

tallahassee, fl....go noles!
12/18/2013 3:12 PM
I'd consider road-tripping if it was within a reasonable distance and the time frame was right, just to meet some of the crazy folks that I know by screen names on here, watch some hoop on a big screen at a sports bar or something and hoist a brew or two. Who cares if admin is there -- it's the folks I've come to know via playing the game that I'd want to hang out with and get to know.
12/18/2013 3:51 PM
How about doing it the first weekend of March Madness and making it a little more south of Chicago or Indy (weather)?
Cincy or Memphis come to mind.
12/18/2013 4:23 PM
If we do it in Indy, I'm all in...
12/18/2013 4:58 PM
Great idea, by the way... If anyone is from the Indy area, sitemail me, we could make it a monthly Nerdy WIS Night, sippin' on suds...
12/18/2013 5:00 PM
I know of 10 guys off the top of my head that are from indy... I can guess about another 10 are from here based on usernames having hoosier references... whatif is based out of cinci and thats close that we should have a lot of ohio indiana kentucky players.
12/18/2013 7:25 PM
+1
12/18/2013 11:50 PM
I also get the feeling there are a bunch in the Midwest. I'm Milwaukee-raised and live in St. Paul.
12/18/2013 11:56 PM
I'm in Cincinnati..I would be in.  I know a handful of other coaches who are local to the Greater Cincinnati/Northern KY area as well.   Keep me posted.
12/19/2013 11:09 AM
It might be fun to get together occasionally, but I have to admit I wouldn't travel particularly far to do it. I'm in the Raleigh area (like tarvolon apparently).
12/19/2013 1:14 PM
it always amazes me what a big % of HD players are from cinci, given that it is based here (makes me think HD would be way more successful if the rest of the country had heard of it - in a few of my conferences we've had a third or more of people from the cinci area, which is like, less than 1% of the national population... and its even not very well known here, not by the cinci public at large). i think indi probably gets a similar, albeit less pronounced, effect. tarek (old admin/WIS creator) used to host these kinds of things, he'd buy people drinks at a local bar, but that was before my time (sadly). but i think it would be fun!
12/20/2013 11:17 AM
I found out about WIS from a Cincy sports radio host(Lance McAllister)aka Shotgun.He promoted HD and actually played 2004 or 2005.Was a huge Cincy turnout.I know that many from the area are still involved. If WIS would take the same approach around the country(if they haven't)it could really boost things.
12/20/2013 6:37 PM (edited)
Agreed... if anyone is interested in meeting in the indy area me and a handful of other players will be at kilroys in broadripple for new years. Most of us are on the east side near Greenfield or south in Greenwood.
12/20/2013 10:22 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Hoops Dynasty Conference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.