Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don't know that i agree with that either colonels.  If you have 11 open scholarships, then you should have the money for 11 openings imo.  I mean you could conceivably sign 6 fresh, 3 juco, etc. so why not give you the cash to do just that..
12/25/2013 1:36 AM
once upon a time, there was a tactic known as superclass which many regarded as unrealistic and bad for game play.

The 6 schollie limit on budget was designed to eliminate the incentive to set things up to have 10 or 11 openings, get big budget and distort recruiting

one could work it the other way, but WIS made that decision in the context of how the game was being played

merry christmas
12/25/2013 5:15 AM
colonel, I am telling you where the rule came from.  I am not zinging.  I am reporting history - no more, no less.

The distortion of recruiting was the presence of 10 or 11 guys who would mature together

or

The use of 10 schollies worth of $ to fill 6 or 7 slots.

Each of those was a tactic.  

I am not endorsing the fix, zinging you or anyone - I am telling the story of how this rule was created by WIS.

WHAT IF Christmas doesnt come from a store, WHAT IF Christmas means a little bit more

12/25/2013 11:59 AM
Your mom.

Merry christmas.
12/25/2013 3:10 PM
I've taken over teams with 9 or 10 openings. Just sign some jucos for $1500 or less to get the class balance you'll probably want anyways.
12/25/2013 7:05 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Well I'm telling you the from direct experience, that the inverse is fiddlesticks!...  It should be the prerogative of the coach to use that money however they damn well please.  Cutting my bankroll in half just because I'm taking over a barren Sim...GTFO.  This rule/concept needs to be reviewed, re-thought, and revised.
It is also the coach's choice to not take over a team with that many open scholarships.  However, if said coach DOES decide to take over said team with said number of open scholarships, then said coach must abide by HD's rule on scholarship money, whether said coach feels it to be right or not.

Seriously though, what Mets said is 100% accurate.  Coaches used to arrange their teams so that they'd have 12 players in a specific class, all improving their atrributes and IQ's together.  By the time that team was seniors, they were very, very difficult to beat.  Get four or five coaches per division doing this and your Final Four was almost pre-determined before the season had even begun.  There used to be a particualr coach named Porkpower, who would cry the blues whenever WiS would make any move to neuter these superclasses.  "Viva la superclass" was his favorite saying.  It was also the only way he could win anything.  The teams nowadays running a 6-6-0-0 setup are nearly as bad, but at least they are beatable.  Those superclasses from before took all the fun out of the game.
12/25/2013 7:25 PM
people are just gonna stop answering you, colonels. without commenting on the actual point itself, why are you so combative with those trying to help you out? you were seeking information - metsmax was nice enough to provide that information. he didnt disagree with you or pass judgement on yuor point of view. merely, he offered the historical perspective you specifically requested. and then you go and belittle his post, and jump on him like he tore your point of view apart.

the sad reality is you use these "requests for information" as an excuse to get up on your soapbox. you didn't care what the answer was, you just want people to go along with your point of view. if you want to debate an issue, thats fine - but baiting people with a legitimate sounding question just so you can engage them in a one sided argument is totally retarded. and pretty childish, too. its no way to act towards someone who, in good faith, tries to help you out with an answer to your question.

on a related note, you really should consider trying to be more open minded. being closed minded just causes you to learn inefficiently, which causes you to fall further and further behind your peers, as you go through life. nobody even disagreed with you here, at least as of your replies to mets - so who are you arguing with!?!? for someone who always carries on about how others dont even consider your point of view, how people should give your thoughts the time of day instead of just disagreeing because its you... it sure is hypocritical to act this way! take a moment to consider how closed mined and immature one has to be to aggressively reject alternate viewpoints, when no alternate viewpoints have even been suggested... 
12/25/2013 9:33 PM (edited)
It is simple... If you don't like the rule, don't take a team with that many openings.
12/25/2013 10:38 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.