Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

Posted by llamanunts on 12/26/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 12/25/2013 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Who were the town criers about this...trentonjoe, stinenavy, and who else?
this attack on these individuals made sense because?
Those guys troll me like oompa loompas, so I figured I'd give them what they wanted.
This would happen a lot less if you acted like an ******* a lot less.
If I really cared about making friends/fans here, do you really think I'd go on like this?  About midway on the first page this topic turned...thank mamxet (ltm) for sparking me...everyone just expects me to sit like their good dog, and that's not happening.
12/26/2013 7:27 PM
Posted by ll316 on 12/26/2013 7:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/25/2013 9:33:00 PM (view original):
people are just gonna stop answering you, colonels. without commenting on the actual point itself, why are you so combative with those trying to help you out? you were seeking information - metsmax was nice enough to provide that information. he didnt disagree with you or pass judgement on yuor point of view. merely, he offered the historical perspective you specifically requested. and then you go and belittle his post, and jump on him like he tore your point of view apart.

the sad reality is you use these "requests for information" as an excuse to get up on your soapbox. you didn't care what the answer was, you just want people to go along with your point of view. if you want to debate an issue, thats fine - but baiting people with a legitimate sounding question just so you can engage them in a one sided argument is totally retarded. and pretty childish, too. its no way to act towards someone who, in good faith, tries to help you out with an answer to your question.

on a related note, you really should consider trying to be more open minded. being closed minded just causes you to learn inefficiently, which causes you to fall further and further behind your peers, as you go through life. nobody even disagreed with you here, at least as of your replies to mets - so who are you arguing with!?!? for someone who always carries on about how others dont even consider your point of view, how people should give your thoughts the time of day instead of just disagreeing because its you... it sure is hypocritical to act this way! take a moment to consider how closed mined and immature one has to be to aggressively reject alternate viewpoints, when no alternate viewpoints have even been suggested... 
Mets went in with this "once upon a time" bullshit...gtfo

and hey, if you want to keep taking this off track and not discuss the issue at hand, fine...I'm game for whatever dice-thrower you're rolling out.  I take offense because people act like/think I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, when in fact, the opposite is true.

No, you know exactly what you're talking about...you post questions with the full intent of trolling.  You're no better or worse than any of the other people who post things looking for arguments.  Please note: I did not say debate.  Debates are useful.  OP's like this one are not.  

I must have been out of my mind.  Look at you.  Why don't you do something with your life?  You sit around here all day...you contribute nothing to society!  You're just taking up space.  I mean how can I be with someone like you?  I wouldn't respect myself.
what up, Kramer...
12/26/2013 7:28 PM
Posted by tkimble on 12/26/2013 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tkimble on 12/26/2013 1:41:00 AM (view original):
You get more $$ per incoming freshman than the normal person, why is that fair?
?
You're questioning your own question?

You can spin it how you like, I'm only getting 54.54% of the recruiting money I should get while everyone else with 6 open ships or less, gets 100% of what they're supposed to get...and you're telling me to pipe down...

If I only sign 6 guys with 11 open spots, I'm pretty well screwed, especially with the 12th guy being practically worthless.

12/26/2013 8:00 PM (edited)
At the crux of this, you guys really don't appreciate tactics or gamesmanship, you just want to cry foul when someone with something more (and deserved) gets something you wanted...that's bs, he has too much money, etc, etc, etc.  You don't realize the flaw in your own logic and you've convinced yourself that the opposite of logic is what's true.

Again, class limits are enough.  Money cuts are an over-killing double whammy, I'm learning this first hand because I am involved in it.

12/26/2013 7:38 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/26/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 12/26/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 12/25/2013 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/25/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Who were the town criers about this...trentonjoe, stinenavy, and who else?
this attack on these individuals made sense because?
Those guys troll me like oompa loompas, so I figured I'd give them what they wanted.
This would happen a lot less if you acted like an ******* a lot less.
If I really cared about making friends/fans here, do you really think I'd go on like this?  About midway on the first page this topic turned...thank mamxet (ltm) for sparking me...everyone just expects me to sit like their good dog, and that's not happening.
It's about time you thanked him for answering your question. Only took you 2 days to do it!  Good job.
12/26/2013 8:02 PM
For your sake, I really hope you're kidding...
12/26/2013 8:06 PM
You're special.  You asked, what seemed to be, a straight forward question.  He answered it with plenty of insight.  So yeah, I think he deserved a thanks.  The fact that you think otherwise says a lot.  

Why is this happening?  
Because of x.  
Stop being a smarta$$! This rule is stupid! I'm being unfairly hindered!  

Maybe lead off with the "This rule is stupid" next time if you want a complaint thread.  But don't go looking for information, bite the head off the person who gives it to you, and then completely change the course of the thread to that of a whiny soapbox. This topic was debated and dissected by much more rational HD'ers than yourself, and the huge majority of them (us) came down on the side of this rule being less crappy than the alternative (the continued allowance of super classes).  Maybe it's rose colored glasses, but I don't even think pork was this foot stompy about it.
12/26/2013 8:17 PM
The "once upon a time" thing was a dig...he knows it, and he's playing dumb because I called him on it.  He can claim otherwise, "Christmas spirit" and whatever the hell else he says, but he did the same thing in the p6453 Merry Christmas thread, mocking the fact that I said "amen".  You fellas need to learn how to read between the lines...I don't really mind people trying to get 1-up on me, but at least own it, don't be *****-made.

The fact that you think I'm arguing FOR superclasses pretty much says it all here...I can't make people comprehend things, especially if they can't see it for themselves.

12/26/2013 9:43 PM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 12/26/2013 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Any of you want to recruit 6 guys with the money doled out for 1?
Yeah because that's the exact same thing as signing 11 players with money for 6...
12/26/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/26/2013 9:43:00 PM (view original):
The "once upon a time" thing was a dig...he knows it, and he's playing dumb because I called him on it.  He can claim otherwise, "Christmas spirit" and whatever the hell else he says, but he did the same thing in the p6453 Merry Christmas thread, mocking the fact that I said "amen".  You fellas need to learn how to read between the lines...I don't really mind people trying to get 1-up on me, but at least own it, don't be *****-made.

The fact that you think I'm arguing FOR superclasses pretty much says it all here...I can't make people comprehend things, especially if they can't see it for themselves.

Ah yes, the "p6453 Merry Christmas thread." Destined to be a classic.
12/26/2013 10:32 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/26/2013 9:43:00 PM (view original):

before one reads BETWEEN the lines, it would be a great idea to read the words that are written- before you read the blank spaces in between and invent your own meanings rather than reading a post as meaning what it says

there was no mockery in either place - paranoid much?

in the "amen" thread, I joined in your sentiment and added a paraphrase from the "Grinch that Stole Christmas" - which I thought was very apt since I think Dr Suess actually used the words "what if"....I thought it was cute - maybe I failed or maybe Suess is unfamiliar territory for you.

And in this thread I thought that "once upon a time" was a good way to answer a query that seemed to be interested in the origins of a set of rules....posed on Christmas.  Since I have been playing HD since snakes had legs (that means a long time - yes, I am being condescending now) I thought telling the tale with an allusion to the style of a folk tale was funny.  I thought it was funny.  Reckon you didnt.

But, the paranoid psychology does not handle humor and social cues well.  Consider watching the Big Bang Theory and learning social cues along with Sheldon (tv allusion, seeking to be humorous and also to be demeaning but in a way that is more subtle and creative than your approach in which you launch a thread and hurl accusations of bullshit left and right at anyone who comes along and tries to answer a question.

Mockery?  it takes so little to mock when someone posts on the forum what amounts to self mockery.  Why would anyone seek to mock the colonel - he handles that himself.

See, this IS condescension.  Saying amen aint.  Saying once upon a time aint.

I dont play dumb.  I write what I mean.  I try to be helpful and sometimes to be funny.  YOU have often been funny on these forums - sometimes seemingly intentionally.  But, I do not like being accused of zinging and bullshitting and mockery by someone who clearly just doesnt get it.

There, NOW i have mocked and condescended and demeaned you - which I take it was what you were seeking.  You are welcome

12/26/2013 10:55 PM
Figures that mamxet would spell Seuss, wrong...
12/26/2013 10:58 PM
point well taken Colonel
12/26/2013 10:58 PM
Posting in the Merry Christmas thread again is a bit much...just sayin.
12/26/2013 11:09 PM (edited)
point well taken Colonel, it is a bit much, but I was trying to make more sure that my "amen" did not appear to be mockery to anyone who comes along into that thread
12/26/2013 11:12 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Money for 6 'Ships? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.