DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Posted by badja on 1/9/2014 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Who were the top 4 teams last year?  Im case I need to do rankings.  Thx

well it was ash(dropped) penn(didnt want to do it) felon(same) and either 98(in) or mike(waiting to hear from)

i was next(im in) and then the 45 win teams...leibo and vancem(div winners) didnt want to do it, youre in, and hopefully maglor will do it if mike cant

basically i think everyone is already tired of the division draft and ill probably go back to boring old random next season
1/9/2014 7:50 PM
Dh, please do ANYTHING except WIS "random" because there is no such thing. You are guaranteed to end up with unbalanced divisions that way.

If the division draft is dead it's a sad day, but so be it. But there are numerous better ways to determine divisions than to trust WIS.

I have a number of suggestions, from seeding the teams to you using random.org or even pulling names from a hat, but please don't revert to having faith in WIS to do this fairly.
1/10/2014 1:59 AM (edited)
I'd be fine with random.org.  The division draft just adds too much time to the process in my opinion.
1/10/2014 1:00 AM
What time does it add to the process? We are still waiting for teams to be made and entered. How long does it take to make a list for those 4 people?
1/10/2014 9:12 AM
Posted by natenoy on 1/10/2014 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Dh, please do ANYTHING except WIS "random" because there is no such thing. You are guaranteed to end up with unbalanced divisions that way.

If the division draft is dead it's a sad day, but so be it. But there are numerous better ways to determine divisions than to trust WIS.

I have a number of suggestions, from seeding the teams to you using random.org or even pulling names from a hat, but please don't revert to having faith in WIS to do this fairly.
nate, I have no problem with division drafts and am happy to keep doing them, but you're kidding yourself if you think the end result is any different than doing the WIS randomization. There will always be good divisions, there will always be bad divisions, and we aren't all that great at predicting which teams will be good before the season. Just look at the banditone "division of death" in the ODL, which is at exactly .500 against the rest of the league right now (it has been picking up though, they were like -12 collectively after the first run through out-of-division play).
1/10/2014 10:01 AM
It seems like you could just use the draft order to determine divisions...

For example would work.

1/10/2014 10:56 AM
It takes a good half hour to it right but it's just guessing after the obvious top and bottom entries.

Maybe  1-5-9-13-17-21,   2-6-10-14-18-22,  3-7-11-15-19-23, 4-8-12-16-20-24  would work.  Divisions get top middle and bottom teams...

Anything random is fine too.

Sheesh me and logain on the same idea I guess!

1/10/2014 10:57 AM
haha yeah.
1/10/2014 10:58 AM
On a side note, the division draft might be more fun if we let the worst teams make the selections instead of the best. But, I didn't really care for it.. even the time that I did it.

1/10/2014 11:00 AM
maybe do it like this but by your record in the last league
1/10/2014 8:00 PM
Yes I meant by slot selection order
1/10/2014 8:16 PM
98average Draft Evaluation: Round One #15 Jason Kidd--- Taken too high here. I get it that all of the top players were taken and Kidd is arguably the best role player in the draft. However, the low usage of Kidd in round round combined with the trade that lost the 34th pick which could have landed a high efficiency high usage player like Penny, McAdoo or Mourning pretty much sealed this teams fate as a playoff bubble team at best. Round Three #62 Willis Reed and #63 Pau Gasol--- These are good players with good to very good defense, low negative numbers and so so EFG%. Their combined rebounding is low for 2 front court starters in this league. Kidd's defensive rebounding really doesn't make up for Gasol's weak number for is position. I would have liked to see Reed paired up with at better rebounder like Buck Williams  who was available. Round Four # 82 Wesley Person and # 83 Alex English --- With a higher usage player available with more rebounds and more assists in Nick Anderson the Person pick wasn't a good choice. I like the English if he was going to be a full time SG to pair up with Kidd. English as a full time SF doesn't rebound well enough especially since Gasol's and Person's rebounding numbers are weak and Reed's is mediocre. If English was taken at #82 then a really good SF could have been taken at # 83 to compliment the team and add needed rebounding. AC Green available at # 83. As a combination I dislike both of these picks. Round 6 # 130 A Andrew Bogut and # 130 B Steve Kerr ---- Bogut is a nice choice at 14 mpg to back up Gasol. I really like the 14 mpg season for Bogut here. Bogut rebounds very well in that season and shoots EFG %57.  Kerr is not a great player in this league. His EFG% is very good and he plays a clean game. His defense is a bit weak and his assists are very weak. His usage is low like Kidd's. To me Jamaal Tinsley is a much better back up for the 82 defense and the 31% assists he brings to the table. Overall the rebounding seems to be a soft spot. I'll rate this squad a C-. 
1/11/2014 1:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.