DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

like how doc has bird by the throat... a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush  
12/31/2013 5:58 AM
Posted by slymonium on 12/30/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I disagree badja. I don't think bandit purposely made a horrible pick just to get another top pick next year.
IDK.  I'm just tiring of the same guys getting top-10 picks and what is the down-side to a top to bottom lottery?    

IMO, you have to have a top 10 pick to win the 52 currently.  Perhaps a switch to ABB would even things out. 
12/31/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 12/31/2013 6:00:00 AM (view original):

like how doc has bird by the throat... a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush  
I could see Noah and Lebron going at it like this!  
12/31/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by badja on 12/31/2013 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slymonium on 12/30/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I disagree badja. I don't think bandit purposely made a horrible pick just to get another top pick next year.
IDK.  I'm just tiring of the same guys getting top-10 picks and what is the down-side to a top to bottom lottery?    

IMO, you have to have a top 10 pick to win the 52 currently.  Perhaps a switch to ABB would even things out. 
i dont agree with that at all...bird and wade have won titles and were picked in the 20s

i like the lottery as it is but if you can get enough owners to agree with you we can change it up
12/31/2013 3:00 PM
I know in the past it has been possible to win drafting from anywhere, but that was a long time ago and it is probably not going to happen anymore.  I couldn't even get Kareem Nash McAdoo to the finals with a #1 seed!

6 of the last 7 have been top 10's and that is with most of the better owners drafting out of the top spots.  Just something to think about.
12/31/2013 3:26 PM
i agree with dh

if anything, it's the opposite happening... as the draft pool continues to deepen season by season, top 10 draft spots continue to be encroached upon... used to be oscar, russell, robinson, garnett, magic, mchale, hakeem and bird were top 10 picks... don't see them that much anymore in the top 10. lebron, durant, howard, paul etc are the new inner circle
12/31/2013 6:42 PM (edited)
then of course, there are the owners who can actually increase the value of certain players, for example, ash raised from the ashes (had to use that pun) three players that i know of, maybe a few more. used to be the mailman and shaq were RARELY drafted in the top 10, but ash made them viable choices, not to mention what he did with billups and an SF that has yet to be drafted. dh has done this as well with a certain player that plays pf and sf. ncmusician has done this as well. felonius even increased value to players such as penny and parish. too many savvy owners in this league to let a top-10 draft pick keep them down.  

i don't think there's such a great advantage drafting in the top 10. but what the hell do i know. thoughts?
12/31/2013 7:02 PM (edited)
I haven't done this league so maybe the cap is a drastic change. But I am seeing wilt and MJ teams absolutely suck in the ODL, obv in the right hands they are tough to best esp. Wilt

Again I am green, but I also am not seeing Rodman teams necessarily be automatic winners tho he is arguably the second biggest competitive advantage to have after wilt
12/31/2013 7:45 PM
Considering that you lose the chance for a top notch scorer with good def to pick Rodnan a player that's talent at that position doesn't leave until late rounds I think Roman is extremely overrated in this league
12/31/2013 11:28 PM
Steelers- have you ever made the playoffs?
12/31/2013 11:35 PM
40 mpg of 17% orb% and 32% drb% at the SF position is everything but overrated. Also, why did you pick him in this draft if you think he's overrated?
12/31/2013 11:48 PM
steelers high usage high efg is pretty common - 48 creb at SF100% is unique
12/31/2013 11:56 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 12/31/2013 6:42:00 PM (view original):
i agree with dh

if anything, it's the opposite happening... as the draft pool continues to deepen season by season, top 10 draft spots continue to be encroached upon... used to be oscar, russell, robinson, garnett, magic, mchale, hakeem and bird were top 10 picks... don't see them that much anymore in the top 10. lebron, durant, howard, paul etc are the new inner circle
Opposite?  What do you mean?   6 of the last 7 winners were top 10 picks (and I'm not sure where vance took CP3, so it could be 7/7)  and you can bet this season will be the same.  So what do you mean by opposite?
1/1/2014 12:26 AM
If tarheel doesn't win this year, it will be the biggest flop since Chris Paul on DeMarcus Cousins. (Seriously, do yourself a favor and bring it up on YouTube.)
1/1/2014 1:54 AM
badja... just like the sim... your sample size is MUCH too small. you base your logic on 7 seasons out of 40 something. too many variables to consider to put all your eggs in one basket... draft slots. haha. you're jumping to conclusions based on a current trend. trends come and go in various ways... yet one constant remains, the talent pool grows exponentially season by season.
1/1/2014 3:08 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
DH52 Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.