2013-14 Player Watch Topic

There were definitely several more "interesting" owners around then.
4/22/2014 3:35 PM
In their defense (no pun intended!), the def numbers are based on formulas. I think they're mostly accurate for guys for the last 20 years, but it's certainly not perfect.  If Drummond makes an all-defensive team, he'll get bumped, but his Blk% and his stl% are much lower than last year, so it was to be expected that his D would fall significantly.
4/23/2014 9:25 PM
I get the all-clippers network (fox san diego). I told sky in the early season that DeAndre & Blake would have monster seasons. DeAndre definately found his game. Blake defends well in the paint but is too slow outside of the paint. I'm quite happy they're 5th & 6th on the $$$ list. I can only imagine how happy Doc is....
4/24/2014 12:45 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/23/2014 9:25:00 PM (view original):
In their defense (no pun intended!), the def numbers are based on formulas. I think they're mostly accurate for guys for the last 20 years, but it's certainly not perfect.  If Drummond makes an all-defensive team, he'll get bumped, but his Blk% and his stl% are much lower than last year, so it was to be expected that his D would fall significantly.

Of course they use formulas.  Nobody thinks the ratings are just randomly assigned.  Unfortunately, the formulas they use stink.  "Bill" and "Russell" are the only 2 words needed to prove that (although there are tons more).

4/24/2014 8:47 AM
Like tar said, the formula is pretty accurate for the past 20 years. However, since Bill hasn't played in nearly 50 years, he is outside that range. Yes, the Russell case is a travesty, and yes, the formula does need some revision, but it doesn't need to be scrapped and redone, as some people are insinuating.
4/24/2014 1:15 PM
Has anyone started using the new seasons?  I'm getting ready to ride DeAndre into battle in a $55 mil league.
4/24/2014 1:26 PM
Russell is not only a victim of the formula, he's a victim of the completely made up stats they gave him.  They gave him those stats back when per48 was the way to judge someone, not when advanced stats were in play.  If you remember, they also nerfed his stats drastically a few years ago.  The 60-61 version of him used to have more than 40% defensive rebounding alone and 7 or 8% blk% (and some were even better - that version was just the least fouls & most minutes so I used it the most).  Then they were like ... oops, that's too accurate, let's bring him & Wilt down. 
4/24/2014 4:46 PM
Any guesses who will receive a defensive bump?
I could see first team going - Beverley, Butler, Duncan, Igoudala, Noah
2nd team - Paul, Allen, Ibaka, George. Hibbert

LeBron, like Kobe previously, usually sneaks in on the list due to lack of superstars.

Is it just the first team that receives an adjustment, or both teams?

5/12/2014 8:13 AM
1st teamers will be bumped to 90 if not already there
2nd teamers will be bumped to 80 if not already there

5/12/2014 4:50 PM
So since Kahwi Leonard is a 96 (same with Anthony Davis) will Leonard (second-team) get bumped down to an 80, or will he stay at his current level? Will Davis (received votes but not on an all-Def team) get bumped down out of the 80+ range? 
6/9/2014 12:35 PM

06/10/2014

• 2013-14 player adjustments for the All-Defense team have been made.
6/10/2014 12:18 PM
hoopsdude, as I'm sure you've seen for yourself by now, it's always a bump up.  If already exceeding the level, nothing happens.
6/10/2014 3:51 PM
Yeah, you're right. I just had a brain lapse there.
6/10/2014 6:10 PM
◂ Prev 123456
2013-14 Player Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.