How to construct an offense??? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by crimsonblue on 1/22/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 1/21/2014 9:50:00 PM (view original):
I think it's likely that at least 2 of the AAA position players would be good enough to platoon at 1B.
I agree, this is a major money saver. Most rookies can play 1B without destroying your team.This platoon simply has to be as good as the worst hitter or the potential 4mil dollar player that falls into that classification minus the 200k scrubs that it may have taken you to get to 4800pa's, which you would undoubtably assign to the '8 hole'. Studies have shown that the value and production of an '8 hole hitter' is little and often over valued  as it pertains to run production.  Lose 10 to 20 runs created for the approx. 4million that I can be spend elsewhere? I'll take it!
I do think this is a feasible strategy, but I am not sure completely tanking at 1B is worth it.  To do it right, you are likely wasteing ~$1M in AAA that could otherwise used on the waiver wire.  Also when you consider that 1B is the cheapest source of offensive production, I don't see a savings worth $4M.
1/24/2014 12:10 AM
i like to take a couple 200ab guys 55-hale 25-mcinnis and 77-johnson are good ones who cost around 2.8mil for 2 and then fill in with my best AAA hitter this has consistently given me a line of .320ba .380obp and 100rbi combined for 1B
1/24/2014 7:43 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 1/21/2014 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Well, true, but the "R" value in an OL is a 200K scrub, so any AAA player will be above that.  The real issue is whether you can rely on AAA players to fill a starting role, and the answer is almost always no.  But every once in a while you hit the jackpot.  I occasionally will draft only 300PA or so at one position (usually 1B or OF) and hope that I get something in AAA that will suffice in a platoon arrangement, but it's definitely a gamble.

Sorry for being late on this, had my few month hiatus.

To make the odds in my favor a little I usually draft a couple of guys who can play multiple positions.  For example I may draft a low PA 1B, but my third baseman and/or an outfielder can play 1B as well, so if any one of those three AAA players are decent, I am covered.

6/5/2014 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 1234
How to construct an offense??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.