O R I O L E. I need clarification. Topic

All I can say to johnnyf is wait until the day when you have a team you have put 9 months into and expect to go deep in the playoffs get knocked off by a SIM rated 15% less than yours by their inadequate DL/LB keeping your stud RB to 2.5 yards per carry. Or your #2 QB throwing 5 picks in one game against a weak DB corp and your top 5 WR can't catch a pass.  We'll see what you say when you get a better clue than caoches who have suffered through for 100's of seasons watching this game go from 1.0 - 2.0 - and now 3.0 and HOPING that WIS can get their act together to provide a quality game. A poll last Nov rated this game as 2.6/5.0. As paying users they may not owe us explainations - but they do owe us a qualtity game.

Oh and the pointless complaining . . . It started as one year of helpful critiques to make this game better, which for the most part was not incorporated into this final unready version. There wouldn't be pointless complaining if they would just do the work and fix the game. We complain because we want it better than it is and have played long enough to recognize the flaws.
1/11/2014 3:32 PM
I really just want my original question answered.
1/13/2014 10:57 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 1/2/2014 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Where are we with Showing "RB" on the wr drop down menu on the formation page for shotgun?  I need this bad.  

You guys said you would do this.  My reggie bush really wants to play next season and if I tell him he is a wr instead of a rb then he will get mad and not work as hard plus he will magicly become less elusive.  
I can answer your question right now......

"We are nowhere close to changing the formation pages at this time to accommodate more complexity.  We are working (hopefully) on the stamina issues and on the interception issues.  Once the engine is in a healthy place, we can worry about smaller things that the users want.

1/13/2014 11:06 AM
I have not read all of this, but katzphang88 and caesari are correct.  I just lost two in a row to SIMs...CC game and 1st round PO game.  In my case, its strictly the wishbone.  It is dead, dead, dead, dead, and finally, its dead.  There are no manipulations available at D1AA that will allow you to win consistently vs SIMS when using the wishbone exclusively.  That in itself is just WRONG.  Were there problems with 2.0?  yes.  Are there problems now?  YES, and more so than with 2.0.  IMO it is now worse than 2.0.  It has potential, but apparently is not being worked on..which means, it will not reach that potential.  I never played 1.0, and certainly wanted changes to 2.0.  But this thing is a POS in many, many aspects.  Is it the best available?  probably.  Will it keep me playing?  Not sure.  Giving me formations that are totally un-usable is a freaking joke.  Especially when I've built a wishbone only team and only run the wishbone for 25+ seasons.  Am I whining?  maybe.  I put in a ticket and am giving the developers data on how I've used the wishbone, in order to help them see where the problem is.

Anyone who never played 1.0 cannot sing the praises of 2.0.  The same applies for anyone who did not play more than 3 or 4 seasons of 2.0.  If all you know is the sky is "brown"....then you will never know that it could be blue, or white, or gray.

Lastly, I'd like to see the answer to tigepark's question also.  :)
1/13/2014 11:10 AM
See above.  I already answered that for you.  LOL.

1/13/2014 12:23 PM
Posted by bhouska on 1/13/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):
See above.  I already answered that for you.  LOL.

Ooopsy....didn't see that one before I his "submit".  :)
1/13/2014 4:00 PM
Posted by johnnyf on 1/11/2014 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by katzphang88 on 1/11/2014 12:39:00 PM (view original):
I also want to know why I beat a SIM. I want to know this so that when I play humans I can have some info on how to play the game. If this game isn't reliable to reward coaches who assemble teams much superior to the other teams then again we are back to a coin flip. YES - it may may not be the developers jop to TELL us how to win games - we can figure that out as a community on our own - but when a coach can throw 600 times to one receiver in a season, or have a QB run for 1000's of yards, or have a team with a 90 point diference lose to a SIM - even when they aren't telling us how to win - (they really aren't telling us anything) then why not just have one line of PBP that says - A wins over B - game over.  If the mathematical interactions between positions and players in the SIM aren't relevant then the rest of the PBP is just fluff.

Oh and I just won my 6th NC - Winning isn't the only thing - but having a game that is worthy of my time, that takes into account accurate simulations of the effort we take to set up our team is.
While I think that we should get more detailed matchup information(especially post match), the reason why anyone won or loss is in the data we have available. It just may not be super obvious. And situations like the WR with 600 catches or a QB with thousands of yard rushing or even what appears to be a massive upset could be glitches that need to be tweaked or they could a confluence of decisions which lead extremely unusual outcomes. College Football has never been a simple equation of paper calculations of sheer talent. If you expected something where there won't be X-factors that you can't see, then you had false expectations lol. I'm on pace to give up 400 yards rushing to a team that I matchup fairly well with(my dline to his Oline). And I'm struggling to rush for anything when I think that I have a good matchup against his Dline. It happens. Its football. 

The devs simply don't owe anyone an answer on every single complain or question unless someone found an obvious glitch/error. Getting upset isn't an error or glitch in and of itself. Even a bad upset. A qb running for thousands of yards could be a glitch, but it also could not be one. And so on. Unusual outcomes happen all the time. The issue which started this thread was the author upset that the Devs haven't changed the game so he can use a player in a way that he expected to. Putting in a ticket over something this was asinine imo. Im hoping that they give us a spread/option/inverted veer offense someday. I'm not going to build that team until they announce it though. If his complaint or refusing to answer him immediately or having unusual outcomes in a system you almost certainly don't see all the factors in rises to the level of a failure by the Devs to create a game "worthy of your time" then you should find a game where the admins/devs respond to one's every demand immediately(spoiler: you won't). 
Maybe you are right. Maybe the developers don't owe us any explanations. But they do owe us one thing, and that is to work on the damn game and tell us that they are. But the simple truth is that they are not and we are not getting what we paid for when we are paying for a game that isn't finished.

if you want to argue that it is a finished product I will give you two issues that are not finished though there are many more.

1. fatigue/stamina
2.no injuries

They don't need to tell us jack ****, though it would be decent of a manufacturer to put out a user's manual, but again there is no excuse whatsoever not to work on the damn game.

1/13/2014 4:59 PM
I've been gone for awhile but ill tell you this much I left because of all the issues and just couldnt stay away forever in fact i look around and see some people left about the same time and came back recently as well.  Why?  There is no denying the game is fun.

My question to the nuthugging ***-clowns is this.  Why the heck would you poo-poo on the longtimers that have stuck through thick and thin trying to make this game the best it can be?  That is the only thing that hasnt changed great guys trying hard to help the devlopers do their job for FREE and make the game better for all at the same time and the D-bags that have palyed a few seasons crapping all over them like they are the smartest guys in the room.
1/13/2014 6:00 PM
Posted by groundnpound on 1/13/2014 6:00:00 PM (view original):
I've been gone for awhile but ill tell you this much I left because of all the issues and just couldnt stay away forever in fact i look around and see some people left about the same time and came back recently as well.  Why?  There is no denying the game is fun.

My question to the nuthugging ***-clowns is this.  Why the heck would you poo-poo on the longtimers that have stuck through thick and thin trying to make this game the best it can be?  That is the only thing that hasnt changed great guys trying hard to help the devlopers do their job for FREE and make the game better for all at the same time and the D-bags that have palyed a few seasons crapping all over them like they are the smartest guys in the room.
This.

I'm all for newcomers, fresh blood, and fresh ideas, but the guys who have been around awhile do know what we are dealing with. I used to be green and full of hurrah for the developers, but that has faded into being a hopeful skeptic. That didn't happen because I haven't won an NC or anything, it happened because the problems that need to be addressed have not been addressed, and the community has been hung out to dry many times. And I came AFTER the big 2.0 roll out fiasco. 
1/13/2014 7:00 PM

At what point do us D-bags have enough experience to express opinions on your forum?
1/13/2014 10:30 PM
The majority of this thread is why I don't participate in the forums much.  Everyone thinks they know F-ing everything, while nobody knows jack ****, and we attack each other.

I'm sick of the game being broken, I'm sick of  paying for a broken game, I'm sick of the developers almost never posting any kind of updates, and I'm sick of the bull-**** that goes on in the forums.
1/13/2014 10:50 PM
LOL, its almost like civil unrest..  Anyway, I love this game, need this game in my life, and will do anything in my power to help it along.  It is obvious they have taken a break because they feel they have deserved it.  We "longtimers"  have seen what happens when they take a break. Things stay broke. Newbs...this is nothing new.  This has happened in all versions.. 1, 2 and 3.  When I was new about a half decade ago the "then long timers" were pleading and begging everyday for certain things.  I would get on there with the love it or leave it comments not realizing what they had gone through.. I have a new found respect for those people.

From the 9 months of begging everyday to get formation IQ in version 2.0(which went from way to much impact to not enough impact) to the built in playoff upsets investigation to over a year of dealing with 3.0.   I am mentally exausted.  I feel like I have been drug along in a viscious cycle of chaos and had to pay my own money to do it as well.  Hopes and dreams keeping me wanting to hang in there.

Fear not WIS, your humble minion tigerpark135 is pot committed.  Do with me as you see fit!    Newbs, Show some respect.
1/14/2014 8:01 AM
BTW, my old wrestling slogan "Satisfaction is the first step towards failure".
1/14/2014 8:02 AM
Posted by moreron on 1/13/2014 10:30:00 PM (view original):

At what point do us D-bags have enough experience to express opinions on your forum?
Not my forum pal.  Admitting your a D-bag is half the problem, however I never specifically pointed any one out.  I haven't been back long enough to have a big enough sample size to form an educated opinion (see how that works).  You and anyone else can given an opinion any time you want you pay to do that as well as play the game.  Its the manner in which some do so that is annoying.  In stead of saying well I've found this to be true so far,  I see people tell the long-timers they are wrong and dont know jack and act like their experience in a limited amount of time is absolute and nothing else is true.  I say respect all ideas because much of it is guess work however when some one is pulling tons of data and analyzing it I would tend to listen more intently to that than Hey I pulled this out of my arse.
1/14/2014 11:00 AM
I have said this before, I think part of the issue is the lack of an objective game guide to find definitive information about the game.  Instead, it is a lot of guess work and unfortunately arguing in the forums.  If there were conclusive answers and we had access to them, there would probably be less debate since it would be clear what was going on in game.  Being told how to win and being told what the engine is doing are not really the same thing, and maybe some misinterpret requests for one as the other.               

I don't think how long one has or has not played would matter as much if everyone could just refer to the guide for answers, but since there isn't one, this type of thread happens.  Version 3 is in its 3rd season, so nobody can have all that much more experience than anyone else.  The experience with WIS the company is a different matter, although certainly the two are overlapping and the frustration with one can unfortunately lead to frustration with the other.   

The good news is that customer support claims a game guide is in the works!!!  I can't speak for anyone else, but my personal satisfaction with the gridiron dynasty game experience will increase tenfold when it arrives (provided it actually includes the type of useful information coaches can apply to make sense of the game).  It should be much easier to get information, and coaches should have to rely less on sorting through threads with condradictory/incomplete/everchanging information about the game to get answers.  I think at times, some of the frustration from that search comes out and leads to arguments here in the forums.          
1/14/2014 11:49 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
O R I O L E. I need clarification. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.