I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Posted by kmfloyd on 1/6/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crwkmw123 on 1/6/2014 10:48:00 AM (view original):

1.  I would like to see a +/- stat added so I can see the difference a given player is having when he is on the floor.

2.  When we are requesting a non-conference game, I would like there to be an option to leave the home/away component up to the other guy.  Sometimes I want to play a specific opponent and I don't care where the game is played.  But, maybe the other guy does care, and I lose out on the game because I chose the wrong venue.
You could send the request and site mail the coach.  That way he can counter if he'd rather change the venue.  Not as efficient as what you suggest, but it gets the job done.
Yep, I guess that would work too. 
1/6/2014 4:17 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/6/2014 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by arssanguinus on 1/5/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Just draw the Walkons randomly from the lowest rated players in the pool that received no recruiting effort ...
I could support something along these lines, but in doing so there would have to be some restrictions on potentials for these players (such as eliminating them completely, either good or bad) because it's not out of the question for complete gems to end up a random team. Also, and this is just a logistics thing, but would there be enough low-end recruits to fill out the rosters for a whole world at DIII & DII?
not sure ... but if an occasional usable player showed up that way I wouldn't be bothered.  not superstars, but ...
1/7/2014 12:13 AM
I like some changes made thus far, but I think this one would also be huge: De-buff the overall defense of recruits. Right now defense is going hand-hand with ATH which are both the emphasis points when it comes to BCS recruiting. Right now it's too easy to recruit a team with 6-7-8+ 90+-rated defenders. Every mid to top tier BCS and top notch mid majors even have ZERO problem keeping at least a starting lineup chalked full of highly rated defenders. I'm not even going to get into the whole argument of the comparison to real life in terms of THAT many 90+ rated defenders....but I do believe by making 90+ defenders more scarce it'll make more of a use for 'lock-down' defenders, and studs that play have amazing cores AND a high defense rating are more of a complete package. There should still be top notch recruits, just give more variety in defense ratings. Of course this would only work if the defense ratings were tweaking across the board for every level.
1/7/2014 1:52 AM
Posted by ab90 on 1/3/2014 4:07:00 PM (view original):
1. a team's offensive tempo should affect both teams' stamina.
2. there shouldn't be such huge disparities between freshmen and seniors. in real life, freshmen are often some of the best players in the country.
As for #1, I was always under the consideration (because of developer chats and such) that the only thing that affected a player's stamina was the number of possessions that had taken place while they have been on the court. However, last season I noticed at the beginning of one of the first halfs that my SF was "getting tired" while the opposing SF was "fairly fresh", although my guy had at least 6 or 7 more points of stamina and there hadn't been any substitutions as of yet in the game.

I can't remember the tempos that both teams were running during that game, but I rarely run uptempo so I don't think that was the cause. I wanted to start a thread about it at the time, but I totally forgot for some reason. So, I would at least like some clarification on this issue.

1/8/2014 1:19 PM
I know the compare bar/tool is there, but I would like to be able to see player ratings on the recruiting "summary" page as well...would make things a lot more convenient with a lot less clicking.
1/8/2014 11:14 PM
Id like the ability to remove recruits from my search and have them not come back until I reclick them
1/8/2014 11:25 PM
I'd like to have two seasons of recruit generation so coaches could make a long-term plan. I'm dreaming of course.
1/9/2014 2:29 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/8/2014 11:14:00 PM (view original):
I know the compare bar/tool is there, but I would like to be able to see player ratings on the recruiting "summary" page as well...would make things a lot more convenient with a lot less clicking.
This would be an extremely convenient addition to that recruiting tab.
1/9/2014 3:39 PM
Posted by lmschwarz on 1/9/2014 2:29:00 AM (view original):
I'd like to have two seasons of recruit generation so coaches could make a long-term plan. I'm dreaming of course.
Very interesting. Reminds me of the old 2k college hoops days. This would be awesome. Some pretty good ideas out there. I love this game the way it is. Anything added I'd consider a bonus. I'm just thankful it exist. 
1/9/2014 4:15 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/9/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 1/8/2014 11:14:00 PM (view original):
This would be an extremely convenient addition to that recruiting tab.
Totally agree or make an option on the "Recruit Search" that said "Only include players on my watch list".
1/9/2014 6:39 PM
Someone mentioned it earlier, either in this thread or another thread. However, wouldn't mind be given the full details for each player on potential for each evaluation. A lot of times at D-3, it's hard for coaches to afford an evaluation for each player at each attribute. One of the toughest parts of the game for me is recruiting a freshman that's in blue, however by the time he's early into his junior season, he's in red.

Also, 1-4(?) in red, 5-20(?) in black and 21-45(?), or whatever it is, is too wide of a range. I know you shouldn't know exactly where he ends up, however maybe have 5 colors based on 5 categories. For instance, 1-8(low), 9-16(low-medium), 16-24(medium), 25-32(medium-high), 33-40(high) or possibly something similar.
1/10/2014 2:48 PM (edited)
Something that's always gotten on my nerves, as a coach that sometimes uses two different team defenses, is that in the "Team Game Plan" and "Player Game Plan" pages of the coaching tab it tells the opposing coach which defense you currently have selected for the upcoming game. So, the only way that a coach can be assured their team defense will be a surprise is to wait till the last minute to select the defensive set that they really intend to use.

I don't have a problem with information such as that being listed, but instead of telling a coach outright what defense their opponent has selected it could be based on which defensive set that team has used the majority of the time up to that point or something along those lines.
1/11/2014 4:56 PM
1.  Homecourt rating should be based on the division.  The best team in DIII should have an A+ homecourt, not a rating of C.

2.  Guarantee the regular season conference winner a spot in the PIT if they get bounced in the conference tourney.  How you determine the conference winner (because of the presence of East and West divisions) I leave up to the jury.

3.  Update the conferences (primarily DI.)  HD conference membership is so antiquated now its almost to the point of laughable. 

4.  Release the first Top 25 after x many (no preference) games.  It is just dumb to see the #1 team win its opening game against the #3 team...and then drop 6 places in the polls.
1/12/2014 2:01 AM
for early recruiting, either

we get to check off players and apply an action to all of them (call player, call coach, whatever we want) 

or

all players added to my watch list get a phone call as soon as recruiting starts. 
1/12/2014 9:26 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 1/12/2014 2:01:00 AM (view original):
1.  Homecourt rating should be based on the division.  The best team in DIII should have an A+ homecourt, not a rating of C.

2.  Guarantee the regular season conference winner a spot in the PIT if they get bounced in the conference tourney.  How you determine the conference winner (because of the presence of East and West divisions) I leave up to the jury.

3.  Update the conferences (primarily DI.)  HD conference membership is so antiquated now its almost to the point of laughable. 

4.  Release the first Top 25 after x many (no preference) games.  It is just dumb to see the #1 team win its opening game against the #3 team...and then drop 6 places in the polls.
The problem with realignment is that breaking up long term conferences and the relationships would be much more injurious than the benefit gained from the rearrangement.
1/12/2014 12:49 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.