If you recruit from a geographically disadvantaged area (like the Northwest) in D3, it's almost a necessity to battle the Sims for quality recruits.  Based on my limited experience so far, it usually takes a minimum of 2-3 Campus visits to completely turn a recruit green. But sometimes you can knock off the Sims by just sending a single scouting trip.  Just experienced it recruiting in Dobie!  So don't be afraid to battle Sims for quality recruits. 
1/15/2014 5:45 PM
If you're battling Sims, you need to knock them off early - like the first day. The longer you wait, the tougher they will be to knock off.
1/15/2014 6:01 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/15/2014 6:01:00 PM (view original):
If you're battling Sims, you need to knock them off early - like the first day. The longer you wait, the tougher they will be to knock off.
Live and learn....... I would agree with this. I waited too long for some and ran out of money battling for them.
1/15/2014 6:05 PM
Here's possibly a dumb question on recruiting. I'm in Div-II. Is there ever a chance for me to get an undecided low-rated Div-IAA recruit? For example, I can see that there are undecided recruits in the division above me who are at the same (maybe a little higher) than the top-rated recruits in my division - but the recruits in my division aren't considering me. Is there ever a chance I could get one of those recruits in a higher division? I will say I tried this in my last season and while I got a few of them to say "let's keep in touch coach" they all ended up literally laughing at me. Just curious if I'm wasting my time (and money) or if there is a way to grab 1 or 2 of them ...
1/17/2014 3:08 PM
Posted by pwiest on 1/17/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Here's possibly a dumb question on recruiting. I'm in Div-II. Is there ever a chance for me to get an undecided low-rated Div-IAA recruit? For example, I can see that there are undecided recruits in the division above me who are at the same (maybe a little higher) than the top-rated recruits in my division - but the recruits in my division aren't considering me. Is there ever a chance I could get one of those recruits in a higher division? I will say I tried this in my last season and while I got a few of them to say "let's keep in touch coach" they all ended up literally laughing at me. Just curious if I'm wasting my time (and money) or if there is a way to grab 1 or 2 of them ...
No.

You have to increase your vision over years. The game is programmed to not let them ever sign with you if they are above your "vision".
1/17/2014 3:11 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/17/2014 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pwiest on 1/17/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
No.

You have to increase your vision over years. The game is programmed to not let them ever sign with you if they are above your "vision".
Thank you. So, if it is true that our vision is really only those recruits that show up in our division, then what's the point in even letting us search for recruits in other divisions?
1/17/2014 3:19 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.