WTF-Ticket Response Topic

My Florida A&M Team is 80+ points higher than both SIMs I lost to this year the # 2 overall on guess ratings with loads of talent and yet the Sims seem to lay it on me this version is a f*cking joke when it comes to the Sim game plan. Somehow some way they have a superior advantage when there team isn't even good at all. Now I can understand upsets once in awhile but I've lost to SIMS TWO F*CKING years in row in the plaayoffs middle fingers up to the developers on this one. This is as travesty I was planning on sticking around in Stagg D-1 now not so much. I'm keeping my money to hell with them. It seems the sims have a superior advantage D1aa and up because of formation IQ that's the only way I can see it happening.

Look at the teams GD members tell me why my QB threw 5 INTs and there QB who wouldn't even start on my D-3 team played flawlessly. Anyone?

1/4/2014 2:41 PM (edited)
j, I am babysitting a team with top 10 talent. It's 1A. I have lost in two seasons to 4 sims that I was much better then. There is NO explanation for this and there is no place in the game for this. Sims should not be beating longtime human teams. Period. Its not good for the game. I'm with you. I wanted to keep that team as its one I wanted for 3 years. But instead I will keep my money. I will  renew that team or my own Florida team after next season only if I win an NC and its free or if WIS decides to hand out another free season. This game is not worth .01 cent right now.

4 sim losses with top 10 talent? Shouldn't happen once let alone 4 times.

1/4/2014 2:50 PM
The result with jfootball's Florida A&M team is a just indictment of how poor this game simulation is. He had the #2 QB in D1A, 3 of the top 10 OL and the top 2 WR and couldn't beat an average SIM team? This result should NEVER happen if the simulation were anywhere near functional. He is actually closer to 90 points per player better than the other team. I would really like a response from Oriole on how this simulation could produce results (with numbers to compare) if the sim actually compares appropriate player ratings to the outcome of the play.

This is really a disgraceful example of this engine and further justifies our concern as to why it was released before it was ready.
1/4/2014 3:00 PM
OMG jfootball. You should have out gained that team by about 600 yards to 150. The interceptions should have been 5-0 the other way. I really want to hear the lame explanation from WIS on this one.
1/4/2014 3:03 PM
It does stink JF and I would be hard pressed to say that the explanation will make sense to you.  It won't !  I would have said that then ran the ball well but the stats don't say that.   You should have won.  I would suggest you mint in some more run to solidify your team, don't worry that you destroyed me during the season.  hehehehe. 
1/4/2014 3:32 PM
My team includes the # 4 QB , Two top 10 WR, # 1 & 5 TE's, 4 top 10 OL, 3 top 10 LB,  #1 DL, 2 top 10 DB, top 5 K...There will be a ticket submitted about this shortly, in the meantime what say you Oriole???

1/4/2014 3:46 PM
Thanks for all of the support everyone, my main objective isn't so much to b*tch. But to find out "why" I lost whether formation IQ is that important or if the SIM Gameplan is what everyone should use against them. I want this game to be better as 3.0 has been sweet and sour for me. Everything works fine in D-3 it's just upper divisions I've noticed a trend of SIM's getting out of hand.
1/4/2014 3:48 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/4/2014 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for all of the support everyone, my main objective isn't so much to b*tch. But to find out "why" I lost whether formation IQ is that important or if the SIM Gameplan is what everyone should use against them. I want this game to be better as 3.0 has been sweet and sour for me. Everything works fine in D-3 it's just upper divisions I've noticed a trend of SIM's getting out of hand.
Everyone already knows your a b*tch, so no worries there.

Totally agree with the above though. This loss is even worse than the last one you had, I think. I too have had inexplicable losses to sims on every one of my teams-- from D1 to D3. Rice just lost to a simmy Houston, and last season Ithaca lost to a crappy sim team as well. 
1/4/2014 6:59 PM
I think its three fold....I have one, maybe two seasons left in this game if they dont do something, I think that first, people have a direct misunderstanding of how the math of the offense/defense dice game (which is exactly what playcalling is atm) works, and I think that FormIQ has become significantly more important. 80 points at DIA is significantly less then 80 points at DIII. All of the talent equations seem to be based on percentages and not raw numbers.
1/4/2014 7:18 PM
Just look at the number of Sim playoff teams since the releasing of 3.0 it's increased along with the number of Sims not only making the playoffs but ADVANCING which is almost unheard of in version 2.0. I can't fathom as to why other than formation IQ importance which is bothersome because it's not like me and others don't practice formations.
1/4/2014 8:28 PM
maybe the GUESS ratings are *gasp* wrong?
1/4/2014 9:31 PM
Posted by bobprobert on 1/4/2014 9:31:00 PM (view original):
maybe the GUESS ratings are *gasp* wrong?
Maybe slightly, but not enough to explain things. This is not the answer to the actual question imo
1/4/2014 9:57 PM
Shouldnt the success of sims increase with the release of the new engine as people struggle figuring it out.
1/4/2014 11:44 PM
Shouldnt the success of sims increase with the release of the new engine as people struggle figuring it out.
1/4/2014 11:44 PM
@rlsmshady-I've won a national championship in 3.0 throwing the ball to one player all season so yeah I think I've got it figured out. Until I play a Sim in D1AA ?? Only advantage they have is formation IQ
1/4/2014 11:52 PM
123456 Next ▸
WTF-Ticket Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.