Oracle of Baseball League -MLB107966 - WAITLIST Topic

is it ok to just type my oracle results in here (as opposed to pasting them from the site as I've been having difficulty with it)? I'm in if this is ok:

ROY THOMAS played with PETE ALEXANDER for the 1911 PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

PETE ALEXANDER played with GUS MANCUSO for the 1928 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

GUS MANCUSO played with STAN MUSIAL for the 1942 ST.LOUIS CARDINALS

STAN MUSIAL
played with HOYT WILHELM for the 1957 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

HOYT WILHELM played with DAVEY LOPES for the 1972 LOS ANGELES DODGERS

DAVEY LOPES played with GREG MADDUX for the 1986 CHICAGO CUBS

GREG MADDUX played with JASON SCHMIDT for the 1996 ATLANTA BRAVES

JASON SCHMIDT played with JOE NATHAN for the 2003 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

I hope it's ok in this format (note: Roy Thomas began his career in 1899; Joe Nathan was still active as of 2013)
1/14/2014 2:33 PM
Posted by jpccr on 1/14/2014 12:40:00 PM (view original):
well, we were filling up pretty quickly but have now hit a lag. anyone have concerns over this theme?
I've got no concerns.

I was bored and built a second connection. I'll jump in with a second team if there's interest (and no objection).
1/14/2014 4:15 PM
ok, so 14 in or 15 with reddtrain taking a 2nd team
1/15/2014 12:06 PM
My 2nd team: Denny Lyons to Neftali Feliz
Denny Lyons played with Mike Smith (listed in the database as Elmer Smith) on the 1894 Pirates.
Mike/Elmer Smith played with Honus Wagner on the 1901 Pirates.
Honus Wagner played with Dazzy Vance on the 1915 Pirates.
Dazzy Vance played with Dutch Leonard on the 1935 Dodgers.
Dutch Leonard played with Robin Roberts on the 1948 Phillies.
Robin Roberts played with Rusty Staub on the 1966 Astros.
Rusty Staub played with Dwight Gooden on the 1985 Mets
Dwight Gooden played with Russell Branyan on the 1999 Indians.
Russell Branyan played with Mike Adams on the 2005 Brewers.
Mike Adams played with Neftali Feliz on the 2011 Rangers.

(Note: How did I not know there were 2 Dutch Leonards?)
1/16/2014 12:30 PM
I'll join for sure, but I have to do some research before I list my connections.  So put me down for TBD.
1/16/2014 5:05 PM
Not the greatest team, but it's OK.

Chain from Silver King to Clayton Kershaw

Silver King    played with    Willie Keeler    for the 1892 New York Giants      Exclude Willie Keeler

Willie Keeler    played with    Jimmy Austin    for the 1909 New York Highlanders      Exclude Jimmy Austin

Jimmy Austin    played with    Charlie Root    for the 1923 St. Louis Browns      Exclude Charlie Root

Charlie Root    played with    Clyde McCullough    for the 1940 Chicago Cubs      Exclude Clyde McCullough

Clyde McCullough    played with    Moe Drabowsky    for the 1956 Chicago Cubs      Exclude Moe Drabowsky

Moe Drabowsky    played with    Rich Gossage    for the 1972 Chicago White Sox      Exclude Rich Gossage

Rich Gossage    played with    Greg Maddux    for the 1988 Chicago Cubs      Exclude Greg Maddux

Greg Maddux    played with    Clayton Kershaw    for the 2008 Los Angeles Dodgers
1/17/2014 1:56 AM
Sophiegiants, I think specsmann already used kershaw.
1/18/2014 2:27 PM
Combo players (in my case King and Kershaw) are allowed to appear in other people's combos, but no one else is allowed to have the same exact pair of combo players (e.g., in addition to specsman, alston also has Kershaw).
1/18/2014 11:34 PM
Oh.
1/18/2014 11:45 PM
it's regrettable that a few people have chosen the same player for different combos, but since there's so much flexibility in crafting the connection for a combo I didn't see the point in making those players individually exclusive. maybe next time. I also see a lot of Minnie Minoso andd Goose Gossage in the connections. Feel free to rehit the Oracle button, or use the exclude feature to avoid using them. If you want to tweak, just repost your results.
1/21/2014 12:46 PM
HUGH DUFFY to YADIER MOLINA:

Hugh Duffy with Bobby Lowe          Boston Beaneaters 1898
Bobby Lowe with Ty Cobb               Detroit Tigers 1907
Ty Cobb with Heinie Manush          Detroit Tigers 1923
Heinie Manush with Bob Elliott          Pittsburgh 1939
Bob Elliott with Hoyt Wilhelm          NY Giants 1952
Hoyt Wilhelm with Darrell Evans       Atlanta Braves 1971
Darrell Evans with John Smoltz      Atlanta Braves 1989
John Smoltz with Yadier Molina      St. Louis Cardinals 2009

I had to retype, because I could not get the baseball-reference.com copy to cut and paste here.

As far as I can tell so far,  the only players on my list that are also on others are Wilhelm, Smoltz and Cobb.

1/23/2014 1:42 AM (edited)
I'd like to reserve a team, TBD

I have at least two I am currently comparing
1/23/2014 11:36 AM

Lady Baldwin played with Dan Brouthers for the 1888 Detroit Wolverines   Exclude Dan Brouthers

Dan Brouthers played with Red Ames for the 1904 New York Giants   Exclude Red Ames

Red Ames played with Rogers Hornsby for the 1917 St. Louis Cardinals   Exclude Rogers Hornsby

Rogers Hornsby played with Bob Muncrief for the 1937 St. Louis Browns   Exclude Bob Muncrief

Bob Muncrief played with Mickey Mantle for the 1951 New York Yankees   Exclude Mickey Mantle

Mickey Mantle played with Bill Robinson for the 1968 New York Yankees   Exclude Bill Robinson

Bill Robinson played with Rafael Belliard for the 1982 Pittsburgh Pirates   Exclude Rafael Belliard

Rafael Belliard played with Chipper Jones for the 1997 Atlanta Braves   Exclude Chipper Jones

Chipper Jones played with Craig Kimbrel for the 2011 Atlanta Braves
1/24/2014 12:07 AM (edited)
I'm going to redo the team, it looks like there were lots of Kershaws out there. I'll do Lady Baldwin to Craig Kimbrel as posted above.
1/23/2014 10:13 PM
Here is my chain (I've done about a dozen)

Oracle of Baseball

Chain from Cy Young to Aroldis Chapman

Cy Young played with Shoeless Joe Jackson for the 1910 Cleveland Naps Exclude Shoeless Joe Jackson

Shoeless Joe Jackson played with Ray Schalk for the 1917 Chicago White Sox Exclude Ray Schalk

Ray Schalk played with Mel Ott for the 1929 New York Giants Exclude Mel Ott

Mel Ott played with Marv Grissom for the 1946 New York Giants Exclude Marv Grissom

Marv Grissom played with Hoyt Wilhelm for the 1953 New York Giants Exclude Hoyt Wilhelm

Hoyt Wilhelm played with Davey Lopes for the 1972 Los Angeles Dodgers Exclude Davey Lopes

Davey Lopes played with Greg Maddux for the 1986 Chicago Cubs Exclude Greg Maddux

Greg Maddux played with Jonathan Broxton for the 2006 Los Angeles Dodgers Exclude Jonathan Broxton

Jonathan Broxton played with Aroldis Chapman for the 2013 Cincinnati Reds
1/25/2014 2:12 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Oracle of Baseball League -MLB107966 - WAITLIST Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.