WiS compensation/refund for LIVE players (22) Topic

Does Live seem slower the days it is working? Or is it me or my computer?
1/12/2014 12:35 PM
Posted by braveboy73 on 1/12/2014 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Just Curious have you sent a ticket Demand a Credit?
I have not.  I was gonna build the ballot here a little.

Just about that time though
1/12/2014 7:53 PM
hypothetically; if someone into servers, progamming, and knew how to write software wanted to make a site; how would one go about getting the rights to use players names. does this site have a stronghold on them 
1/12/2014 9:50 PM
Posted by braveboy73 on 1/12/2014 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Does Live seem slower the days it is working? Or is it me or my computer?
b
1/13/2014 9:52 AM
had to bump last post because stupid ads blocked it so i couldnt read it
1/13/2014 9:53 AM
Yeah, the ads are becoming more and more annoying as they encroach on the actual post space.....at least it's bad on my IPAD.  Can't close them either.

You would pay a licensing fee to use the players name.  It's probably not cheap.
1/13/2014 10:00 AM
count me in
1/13/2014 2:31 PM
I will add my name to this list but I think you are losing a battle that can't be won. WIS has already demonstrated that they don't really care about the little group of LIVE players. They have constantly ignored updating, and even now ignoring tickets that are submitted to them. They wouldn't care if each and every one of us stopped playing and never bought another team. It wouldn't even hurt them. I'm serious about that. Very sad that it is that way, but it has been that for years. Thats why so many players that used to play LIVE are no longer on the site or are playing HBD now or something to that effect. They know they have no competitor, so in the end, losing as many as 50 players all at once wouldn't even get them to care.
1/14/2014 8:23 AM
Posted by BastanRedsox on 1/14/2014 8:23:00 AM (view original):
I will add my name to this list but I think you are losing a battle that can't be won. WIS has already demonstrated that they don't really care about the little group of LIVE players. They have constantly ignored updating, and even now ignoring tickets that are submitted to them. They wouldn't care if each and every one of us stopped playing and never bought another team. It wouldn't even hurt them. I'm serious about that. Very sad that it is that way, but it has been that for years. Thats why so many players that used to play LIVE are no longer on the site or are playing HBD now or something to that effect. They know they have no competitor, so in the end, losing as many as 50 players all at once wouldn't even get them to care.
You may be right.  But I wouldn't be totally shocked if WiS awarded those in this forum a free team each.

Not really expecting it.  This is more about getting their attention I suppose
1/14/2014 8:49 AM
If all you guys would do what I did, send them a ticket in which you inform them of your intention not to buy any teams until AT THE VERY LEAST the LIVE server becomes stable, that would likely hit them harder.  You guys are asking for 1 team apiece right now; how many teams do you buy?
1/14/2014 12:15 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/14/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):
If all you guys would do what I did, send them a ticket in which you inform them of your intention not to buy any teams until AT THE VERY LEAST the LIVE server becomes stable, that would likely hit them harder.  You guys are asking for 1 team apiece right now; how many teams do you buy?
The man does make a good point
1/14/2014 2:53 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/14/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Still, since they do not give a hoot , it wreaks of "cutting off your nose to spite your face"
1/14/2014 2:55 PM
Dahs, Ive had a ticket pending for almost 5 days now with no response. I doubt sending in a ticket does anything either, they just ignore it and move on.
1/15/2014 9:01 AM
Posted by keymaster on 1/12/2014 9:50:00 PM (view original):
hypothetically; if someone into servers, progamming, and knew how to write software wanted to make a site; how would one go about getting the rights to use players names. does this site have a stronghold on them 
I am pretty sure historical stats and names are public domain...

At least I think that is what was settled many moons ago...how many of you remember when the players didnt have names for a while?

1/18/2014 11:20 PM
Live down again ! during primetime drunk playing hours. This group is flakey to let this continue.
1/18/2014 11:32 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
WiS compensation/refund for LIVE players (22) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.