WiS compensation/refund for LIVE players (22) Topic

Well, if you put it that way, I'm in.
1/7/2014 10:05 PM
Its the least they could do!!!
1/7/2014 11:56 PM
In like Doug Flynn.

Site just went down again.
1/8/2014 10:23 PM
I'm with slashtc's original position.  When we bought the teams, no guarantee of LIVE play availability was made.  They are not obligated to provide us with any kind of refund or compensation.

However, I did inform them a few weeks ago that I would not be purchasing any additional teams until they stabilize the LIVE engine.

1/8/2014 11:48 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/8/2014 11:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm with slashtc's original position.  When we bought the teams, no guarantee of LIVE play availability was made.  They are not obligated to provide us with any kind of refund or compensation.

However, I did inform them a few weeks ago that I would not be purchasing any additional teams until they stabilize the LIVE engine.

Whatever.  The people that buy the teams who read the threads in these forums do so to play LIVE.  Whether WiS is/are legally obligated or not to provide us with LIVE is not the point here pencil-neck.  It's an implied, if not legally binding, guarantee. 
1/9/2014 12:25 AM (edited)
Count me in
1/9/2014 8:21 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/8/2014 11:48:00 PM (view original):

you're currently posting in the LIVE section of the forum

and there's another section dedicated exclusively to advertising LIVE leagues.

Clearly WIS is using the ability to play to live to entice people to buy teams, so when that service is down, people who paid to use it have every right to be upset that they're not getting what they paid for.

1/9/2014 8:33 AM
Posted by frozen_rope on 1/9/2014 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Count me in
1/9/2014 9:33 AM
I vote yea.
1/9/2014 10:35 AM
Another yes vote here......
1/9/2014 8:43 PM
Yes- I have been trying for a month to get some LIVE games in to at least make the minimum & between it not working & crashing before the first pitch - I have only been able to PLAY maybe twice out of the dozen times I've tried to play the last month.

East W-L PCT GB MagN L10 STRK Home Away Live Owner LIVE
Shibe Spitting Alomars 73-54 0.575 - 36 6-4 W1 38-31 35-23 18-16 toddleduc

Need 16 LIVE games or I'm out of the Playoffs. BS WIS. BS.
1/11/2014 12:53 PM
Got probably 6 hours free Saturday & another 6 hours+ free on Sunday........ FIX THIS **** ALREADY YOU A$$ CLOWNS !!
How hard can it be? Simple statistical probability formula program- maybe 15-20 games max going on at once.
My friggin smart phone could probably run this pathetically antiquated game...
1/11/2014 12:57 PM
Yes
1/11/2014 2:02 PM
Posted by toddleduc on 1/11/2014 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Got probably 6 hours free Saturday & another 6 hours+ free on Sunday........ FIX THIS **** ALREADY YOU A$$ CLOWNS !!
How hard can it be? Simple statistical probability formula program- maybe 15-20 games max going on at once.
My friggin smart phone could probably run this pathetically antiquated game...
Had to be about 5 years ago, I was running the Progressive Franchise Twist league.  We would take the real teams and twist the actual roster.  Later versions run by habsfan1 had 3 season twistable rosters, but this was only 1 year, each year.  Anyways, I had like a 114 win Boston team that was absolutely stacked to the gills.  My 1st round playoff opponent was literally like a 59 win White Sox team that only made the playoffs because of other owners failures to reach LIVE game commitments.  I got swept 3-0.  I remember distinctly losing to James Baldwin and Jim Parque who both had era's over 5 on the season.  The series was so ridiculous too that I have never been able to believe in this product since.  BUT, I still enjoy(ed) it.  I've had stretches where I've taken time off .  Long stretches actually.  Truth is, if there was a product that could compete I would've left this site a long time ago.
1/12/2014 1:04 AM
Just Curious have you sent a ticket Demand a Credit?
1/12/2014 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
WiS compensation/refund for LIVE players (22) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.