Which is the better rebounding team? Topic

If you think it's not even close you haven't spent enough time studying rebounding...
1/9/2014 11:40 PM
I have seen on countless occasions(D-3) where a 1 rated rebounding guard(either PG or SG) has ended up with at least 5 or 6 rebounds in a game and sometimes more. Is it possible that speed and/or athleticism plays a bigger part in rebounding  for guards?
1/10/2014 12:05 AM
Posted by backboy13 on 1/9/2014 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tbird9423 on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 PM (view original):
why would someone have good information and not be willing to share it?  I have never understood people who want to win on an unfair playing field but I guess different people is what makes the world go 'round. 
Nothing unfair about figuring something out via your own work and observations and not sharing it.
This.

I'd really like to hear his explanation of how Dahs doing his own research has suddenly turned this into an "unfair playing field".  Absolutely nothing stopping him from doing the exact same research and coming up with his own conclusions, but I'm sure somehow it's all the baby boomers fault. 
1/10/2014 2:43 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/9/2014 11:40:00 PM (view original):
If you think it's not even close you haven't spent enough time studying rebounding...
One might counter that if you've spent THAT much time studying rebounding, you might be taking this **game** just a bit too seriously.  Most of this game is simply common sense.  You recruit the best players that you can, you put those players on the floor and you put the ball in their hands.  Do that and you'll win.  Pretty easy.  No reason to make the game any more complicated than it needs to be.
1/10/2014 3:00 AM (edited)
I think I'd give the edge to team 1 just because the guys who are supposed to grab boards are vastly superior to team 2's front court. Running a lot of zone I am forced to pay extra attention to RB numbers and I'd have to agree that PF's and C's RB ratings are more important than wing players. It should be that way. Just as you need less distribution for guards to score because they are more likely to handle the ball - bigs get more emphasis in RB than guards even if they are 50+ rated - which is probably not very common anyhow to find a really good guard that also has 50+ rebounding at least I haven't seen too many PG/SG with +50 RB and great guard skills to match.
1/10/2014 2:49 PM
I would take team 1 as well.   I pay ZERO attention to rebounding in my guards and I can't think of any team I built that had rebounding issues.
1/10/2014 3:00 PM
◂ Prev 12
Which is the better rebounding team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.