I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Where do I get the equations for the positional ratings?
1/25/2014 7:59 PM
GUESS ratings are already included in the tool, but if you are looking for the web address, it is

http://www.gdreports.com/GUESS/Weights.htm
1/25/2014 10:39 PM
Posted by bulldogg431 on 1/25/2014 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Grab the config file from here and put it in the same folder as the .jar.  It will have all the positional ratings and column names set up.

http://www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/config.ini
1/25/2014 11:14 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/25/2014 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Grab the config file from here and put it in the same folder as the .jar.  It will have all the positional ratings and column names set up.

I made a folder and put the recruiting tool with the config file in there but it is still not showing up under the S1 and S2 columns when it finishes downloading. What am I doing wrong?
1/26/2014 1:18 AM
bulldog, if you open the folder you made, do you see both the recruit tool .jar file and the config.ini file?
1/26/2014 1:49 AM
I can assume the tool opens since you are able to see nothing in the two columns. Do the other columns work?
1/26/2014 1:53 AM
Posted by bulldogg431 on 1/26/2014 1:18:00 AM (view original):

I made a folder and put the recruiting tool with the config file in there but it is still not showing up under the S1 and S2 columns when it finishes downloading. What am I doing wrong?
First go to Options -> Equations and see if you have any equations configured in there.  I'm guessing you don't.

Next, try putting in an equation for one of the positions.  Just do "ATH" without the quotes, save, and then see if something shows up.  If it does, then you just got a blank config file.  If that's the case, delete your config file, and go download the one from my link.  If you still get nothing after saving that equation, then you could have a folder permission problem where the tool is unable to read the config.ini file.
1/26/2014 2:33 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/26/2014 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bulldogg431 on 1/26/2014 1:18:00 AM (view original):

First go to Options -> Equations and see if you have any equations configured in there.  I'm guessing you don't.

Next, try putting in an equation for one of the positions.  Just do "ATH" without the quotes, save, and then see if something shows up.  If it does, then you just got a blank config file.  If that's the case, delete your config file, and go download the one from my link.  If you still get nothing after saving that equation, then you could have a folder permission problem where the tool is unable to read the config.ini file.
I guess it's a "dumb" question, but will u ever b able to get the recruiting tool to work as easy as the analyzer? Second question is will the analyzer ever be updated to show if the passes r short, very short, medium, etc...
1/27/2014 12:09 AM
I'm guessing the analyzer tool would show pass depth if it were labeled in pbp. It only sorts the info the pbp provides.
1/27/2014 6:36 AM
I would love to get this to work. I've gone to connectivity..entered my WIS username/password...Nothing. I don't get it. I'm dumb. Help.
2/2/2014 2:37 PM
Posted by nukl on 2/2/2014 2:37:00 PM (view original):
I would love to get this to work. I've gone to connectivity..entered my WIS username/password...Nothing. I don't get it. I'm dumb. Help.
Did you also click on 'New Season' under the 'File' option, enter your Team ID and the season?  If so, did you click on 'Download/Update Recruits'  under the 'Data' tab?
2/2/2014 3:01 PM
by team id... is that the team name? I can't find any special id.
2/2/2014 9:35 PM
Nukl you Drake team ID is 49402 and you team ID is Minnesota-Duluth is 50327.
2/2/2014 10:04 PM
wow cool... where the heck is that info, I swear I looked everywhere.
2/2/2014 10:15 PM
When you click on the part that will show you the ratings for a team and formation rating the last part of the address of the page is the team Id.
2/2/2014 11:51 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.