I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Posted by missouridawg on 1/11/2014 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jtd79 on 1/11/2014 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Yatzr, another issue for you to look at.  Ive got some resizing issues on a MacBook Pro (13in w/Retina).  When I open up any of the extra pages (Recruit Message log, Equations, Potentials, etc...) I get to issues.  Even if I resize them to full screen, I still have some parts missing.  Im assuming this is due to the page's not scaling with higher resolutions.  I also have an issue with the text boxes in the Equations window where the last numbers/letters are cut off and the text cursor is offset into the middle of a character.  No amount of resizing seems to resolve this issue.

For reference, I do not have this issue on my 17in (w/o Retina) MacBook Pro nor do I have the issue if I hook the 13in up to an external display.  Not sure if you can do anything about it, but thought I would at least make you aware of it.
When I pull up the page for punters, the calculated score of the punter column (which isn't resizeable) is too small to see the number.  All I can see if the first digit.

When i sort the column, it's really easy to figure out who the highest rated punters are, but I cannot see the second digit.
Mizzou, go into the equations menu and go to the Punter custom name box.  Instead of a P, just type Punter, save and close.  That should expand that column for you.
1/11/2014 8:15 PM
Yatzr, another issue for you to look at.  Ive got some resizing issues on a MacBook Pro (13in w/Retina).  When I open up any of the extra pages (Recruit Message log, Equations, Potentials, etc...) I get to issues.  Even if I resize them to full screen, I still have some parts missing.  Im assuming this is due to the page's not scaling with higher resolutions.  I also have an issue with the text boxes in the Equations window where the last numbers/letters are cut off and the text cursor is offset into the middle of a character.  No amount of resizing seems to resolve this issue.

For reference, I do not have this issue on my 17in (w/o Retina) MacBook Pro nor do I have the issue if I hook the 13in up to an external display.  Not sure if you can do anything about it, but thought I would at least make you aware of it.

Lol, I forgot the recruit message log even existed.  I think I can probably make that work much better now.  That was one of the first pieces I ever built back when I didn't know how to use java's gui toolkit.  The other windows are probably similar.  I'll see what I can do.

Please keep mentioning any other things you find.  I just now figured out the "P" column not being resizable was a bug, so that'll be fixed in the next build.

1/11/2014 10:23 PM
Thanks yatzr. I appreciate that you took some time to make an awesome tool and are committed to making it great by listening to the consumers.

As a hack-programmer, I can appreciate what goes into something like this and know that it isn't to mold something into a product that everyone loves.
1/12/2014 4:14 PM
Posted by jtd79 on 1/11/2014 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by missouridawg on 1/11/2014 7:20:00 PM (view original):

When I pull up the page for punters, the calculated score of the punter column (which isn't resizeable) is too small to see the number.  All I can see if the first digit.

When i sort the column, it's really easy to figure out who the highest rated punters are, but I cannot see the second digit.
Mizzou, go into the equations menu and go to the Punter custom name box.  Instead of a P, just type Punter, save and close.  That should expand that column for you.
Thanks a ton!
1/12/2014 4:14 PM
Great new features yatzr, now I've managed to use it it's awesome. Glad to see you back. Like Bob Hazlewood you add so much enjoyment to this game which it surely needs at the moment. Will certainly be adding another donation to help a little. Thanks.
1/14/2014 8:54 AM
I'm going to try and use this during recruiting season in Stagg which starts today... I'll try to let you know if I realize any bugs.
1/15/2014 9:21 AM
When i go to download the new season and update the recruits, the sign-in box don't show up, any suggestions?
1/15/2014 12:30 PM
Posted by tarrin on 1/15/2014 12:30:00 PM (view original):
When i go to download the new season and update the recruits, the sign-in box don't show up, any suggestions?
Options -> Connectivity.  Enter your username and password there and then it will be saved for all other actions.
1/15/2014 1:28 PM
Ahhh, found it. Thanx Yatzr! Keep up the good work.
1/15/2014 2:16 PM
I updated the link again (another b down!).  I think I fixed the issues that you guys had mentioned and I added two new tools under Data.  I've never officially shared either of these tools, but back in the day, I used these all the time.

The first is Data -> Team Ranker.  I use this to schedule my non-conference games for next season.  This will go grab the rosters for every team in your division, rate all the players according to your S1 column, and then use some algorithm I came up with a long time ago to give the team a rating.  By default, it will ignore seniors on each team to get you a rating that applies better to next year. My team right now is terrible, so I used this to quickly find 5 even worse teams to schedule for next year.  That should help me get more wins and increase my vision.

The second is Data -> Team Analyzer.  I use this to help set my depth charts and get a good look at my opponents.  It uses tables similar to the recruits table in the main window and includes your S1-S6 columns.  By default, it will load your team, but you can plug in any team id and will load that team.

As always, let me know if you find any issues.
1/15/2014 10:31 PM
Also, if you're using the .bat file, you will need to edit it to update the name of the .jar file that it looks for.  Alternatively, you could download this new jar file and rename it to match your previous one.
1/15/2014 10:32 PM
I put in my team id and season, it says that at the top, and is right, for some reason when i click download/update recruits nothing happens
1/15/2014 11:29 PM
Posted by miller97 on 1/15/2014 11:29:00 PM (view original):
I put in my team id and season, it says that at the top, and is right, for some reason when i click download/update recruits nothing happens
Along with the recruit tool, you also need the permTeams.dat (permTeams.zip on www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm), towns.dat (towns.zip on the www.gdreports.com site), and config.ini (same name on www.gdreports.com) files.  Do you have those as well?
1/16/2014 8:32 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 1/16/2014 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by miller97 on 1/15/2014 11:29:00 PM (view original):
Along with the recruit tool, you also need the permTeams.dat (permTeams.zip on www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm), towns.dat (towns.zip on the www.gdreports.com site), and config.ini (same name on www.gdreports.com) files.  Do you have those as well?
Those two files aren't needed anymore.  They're built into the .jar now.

miller97, did you enter your username and password into Options -> Connectivity?

1/16/2014 9:27 AM
yatzr, I can't get the latest update to function at all. I have tried limiting the threads as well as trying searches one at a time. I have tried the "run" tool,  I have isolated the tool in a different folder w/the config.ini file, I have even tried it on the work as well as home pcs, yet I continue to get "errored out while grabbing recruits. Try again" messages. The first version of this tool worked well, I had some trouble w/2nd version, But I cannot get this one to work.  Is there something else to try?  Thanks in advance, Carl
1/16/2014 2:28 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
I'm back! (recruit tool 2.0 beta inside) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.