See ya in 2015 Topic

Any pitcher that throws at ARod should immediately be tossed. And it's not going to be hard to tell who is throwing at him.
1/22/2014 9:18 AM
So he should be afforded special protection by the umpires above and beyond all other MLB batters?

Yeah, that will go over well with everybody else.
1/22/2014 9:37 AM
Should players also be tossed if they look at ARod funny?
1/22/2014 9:40 AM
Like a clown?
1/22/2014 10:37 AM

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?

Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.

Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Henry Hill: Jus...

Tommy DeVito: What?

Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.

Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****** up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the **** out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya ************! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering ***** ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

1/22/2014 11:03 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/22/2014 9:37:00 AM (view original):
So he should be afforded special protection by the umpires above and beyond all other MLB batters?

Yeah, that will go over well with everybody else.
I must have missed the part where other MLB batters had open threats against them from other players. I could care less about ARod, but if they're going to let pitchers police the game with him, they better let pitchers drill other guys when they feel they're out of line.
1/22/2014 9:53 PM

There are rules against throwing at batters already on the books.  As long as the rules are enforced consistently, it shouldn't matter if it's ARod getting drilled or anybody else.  One rule applied equally to everybody.

But there shouldn't be special rules for special players.

1/23/2014 10:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
See ya in 2015 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.