D3, Season 71 Topic

SotD: Michael Hadley is shooting 93.3% from the FT line this season. He was averaging 53.3% from the line in his first two seasons. He has a D FT rating which makes this stat very unlikely. Luckily he wasn't able to dominate me, and I was able to hold him to no points and only 4 rebounds. Thank you spasticity for helping me find this Stat of the Day.
1/25/2014 8:31 AM
Kenyon College has an impressive list of famous alumni: US president Rutherford B. Hayes, actor Paul Newman, comedian Jonathan Winters, and Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson.

Last Night
East Connecticut St. 58   #3 Trinity 68
Trinity was able to go on a little run before the break to open up a 9 point lead but the visitors responded after halftime to quickly close the gap again.  It was really close the rest of the way until Trinity was able to lock down the defense with three minutes left and pulled away for the home win.  Trinity bobmeyer climb up a couple spots in the rankings with the win while ECSU drops to the others receiving votes after their second loss on the season.

Also considered: #15 Emory got a big road win over #23 Wittenberg 65-50, #17 Southwestern got past Greensboro 97-88, Oglethorpe scored a slight upset at home over previously ranked Howard Payne 91-84, and #24 Colorado pulled away from Transylvania 78-67.

Sim blowout watch: Both sims covered again: Elmira against #18 Stillman 59-96 and Rutgers Newark fell to #10 Vassar 62-83.

GotN
#8 Ozarks (6-0)(westcoast22) at #16 Webster (5-1)(mschulte24)
It's Eagles visiting the Gorloks in one of two games between ranked teams tonight.  More importantly, it's a battle to see if 22 or 24 is a better number to have in your username.  mschulte leads the series 3-1 but the road team is favored by a point in this one.

Also considered: #4 Wooster at #15 Emory, #22 Whitter at Suffolk, #23 Wittenberg at East Connecticut St, and #24 Colorado at Howard Payne

Sim blowout watch: Maine Farmington is a 68 point home dog to #18 Stillman and Augsburg is getting 55 points as they host #2 Susquehanna.
1/26/2014 12:25 AM
And Marietta officially sucks now at 3-4, though this game isn't helping what with playing guys until they're about to fall over, making it for some reason take forever to learn a motion offense, and choosing successful teams seemingly at random. Have played 5-0, 5-0 and 5-1 in the last 3 games and none of them really looked like world beaters yet they won handily. Didn't seem like the talent was that much different. 
1/26/2014 2:26 AM
SotD: There are 17 players scoring over 20 points so far. However, none of these players are shooting over 55%. The explanation is that 16 of these have a perimeter rating over 44. 13 of those have perimeter rating over 78. Most of these leading scorers rely on the 3 pointer, or an excessive amount of player distribution.
1/26/2014 11:53 AM
Maybe someday someone will do a ItaLRbHaSotD??????
1/26/2014 12:32 PM
I haven't thought about doing that. It already takes some research to do the actual SotD. I will probably do a SotS.
1/26/2014 1:34 PM
I'm not good with 37 letter acronyms
1/26/2014 1:42 PM
It took a Little Research but Here's another Stat of the Day
1/26/2014 2:19 PM
Down to 26 undefeated teams.

Last Night
#6 Ozarks 70   #24 Webster 64
After a low scoring first half, Ozarks led this one by 9 points but the home-team Gorloks made a run a few minutes into the second half to tighten the score back up.  The visitors were able to resist the charge however and maintained a small lead for most of the rest of the way.  The Eagles of Ozarks made enough free throws and grabbed a few clutch rebounds to hold on for the 6 point road victory, despite their coach's earlier claims of always losing featured games. westcoast moved up a couple spots closer to the top five and Webster and mschulte were deposited near the bottom of the rankings after their second loss on the season.

Also considered: #10 Emory gave #8 Wooster their first loss on the season 77-66, #15 Whittier got past Suffolk on the road 79-73, #17 Wittenberg took care of East Connecticut St. 83-70, and #20 Howard Payne used a big second half to hold off Colorado 79-65.

Sim blowout watch: It wasn't close but Maine Farmington covered against #22 Stillman 59-106 and Augsburg also covered against #4 Susquehanna 67-98.

GotN
#3 Texas Lutheran (7-0)(ajlillie) at #25 Worcester St. (7-0)(kneehouse1)
I held off on featuring Texas Lutheran as ajlillie requested but this game is too good to pass up.  Two undefeated teams squaring off in the first ever meeting between these third year and second year coaches.  The visitors are favored by 6, should be a great game.

Also considered: #16 Ursinus at #15 Whittier, #9 Piedmont at UMass Dartmouth, Colorado at #14 John Carroll, #17 Wittenberg at Hamline, and Millsaps at #20 Howard Payne

Sim blowout watch: No sims even getting 30 points tonight so we'll give the blowout watch a day off.
1/26/2014 10:50 PM
I've got your SotDtDTMRaaBiJROamftB  ("Stat of the Day that Didn't Take Much Research at all Because it Jumped Right Out at me from the Boxscore") right here:

The overtime score for my Vassar squad's road game against Monmouth was 19-0 (in my favor, fortunately).  Anybody else ever seen an OT shutout of that magnitude in HD?
1/27/2014 2:57 AM
SotD: The past two nights Emory has scored 77 points. There opponents have scored 66 points both nights. Sorry pseudo for finding at stat that makes you look bad instead of finding one that makes you look good. Is SotDtDTMRaaBiJROamftB going to be a new trend riddler?
1/27/2014 9:39 AM
Posted by theriddler on 1/27/2014 2:57:00 AM (view original):
I've got your SotDtDTMRaaBiJROamftB  ("Stat of the Day that Didn't Take Much Research at all Because it Jumped Right Out at me from the Boxscore") right here:

The overtime score for my Vassar squad's road game against Monmouth was 19-0 (in my favor, fortunately).  Anybody else ever seen an OT shutout of that magnitude in HD?
That's impressive.  In reading the box score, it was crazing ending.
12:24 Vassar is up 62-59
6:17 Vassar is down 64-74....
Then Vassar goes on a 10-2 run to close the game, sending it to overtime: 76-76....

Essentially, in the last 11:17 Vassar outscored the other team 29-2.

If my count was right, during that run, Monmouth had 5 turnovers, 12 missed shots (including several free throws), and one shot blocked by Vassar.
1/27/2014 9:49 AM
Also, I think tonight starts the GNE vs. UAA challenge.  Millsaps goes on the road to lose to J-W.  No enough firepower to have a realistic chance at winning.  Hope to keep it respectable.
1/27/2014 9:50 AM
Bdpoor and I played in a barn burner last night.  Went 2 overtimes.  But the cool stats that stood out were the amount of free throws and the high amount of makes between the both of us.  John Carroll made 32 of 43(74%) attemtps, while Colorado made 31 of 44 (71%) attempts.
1/27/2014 9:55 AM
Posted by carson333 on 1/27/2014 9:39:00 AM (view original):
SotD: The past two nights Emory has scored 77 points. There opponents have scored 66 points both nights. Sorry pseudo for finding at stat that makes you look bad instead of finding one that makes you look good. Is SotDtDTMRaaBiJROamftB going to be a new trend riddler?
A new trend?  No, not unless I can top a 19-0 OT score.
1/27/2014 11:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 71 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.