D3, Season 71 Topic

Thanks for reminding me Bob.  Just when the wound is about to heal, bang!  off goes the scab.
2/22/2014 2:19 PM
Posted by swany623 on 2/22/2014 12:55:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for these, bullman, very interesting! Did you include the coaching factor?
Yes, coaching factor is in.
2/22/2014 2:21 PM
Wooster won a second round NT game last night.  If you all want to save some time and give me the championship right now, I'd be cool with that.
2/23/2014 11:57 AM
Posted by mschulte24 on 2/22/2014 11:19:00 AM (view original):
0.02% chance of winning a championship. So you're telling me there's a chance!
hahaha. "You're telling me that you've had two pairs of gloves this whole time?!?! Yeah Harry, we're in the Rockies."
2/23/2014 4:07 PM
Posted by pseudochamp on 2/23/2014 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Wooster won a second round NT game last night.  If you all want to save some time and give me the championship right now, I'd be cool with that.
that whole "can't get past the second round" problem seems pretty distant now, huh?

2/23/2014 6:02 PM
Looks like it was a pretty low-key tournament so far...two regions with 1-2-3-4 still alive, a 1-2-3-5 and then there's the West with 10-seed (but preseason No 2) North Carolina Wesleyan sitting there along with a 5 seed and the 1 & 2.

Craziness, where are you?
2/23/2014 10:12 PM
I don't know if I'd call it craziness, but the UAA got rocked last night - all four of our sweet 16 teams eviscerated, included two #1 seeds Emory and Trinity.

I felt like it would be a bonus if I got past Texas Lutheran, so Millsaps losing wasn't that surprising to me.  I also really like Louisiana this year and thought they would go a little farther. 

2/24/2014 8:44 AM
Compared to the first two rounds, last night was pretty seismic. Definitely floored to see Emory out of the running, but there are just SO many good coaches in this world that it's rough to snake through even with a solid team (which Emory definitely is).
2/24/2014 11:12 AM
Here's a StOD:  This will be the first time in 6 seasons that a team from the UAA is NOT in the finals of the NT.  Three different UAA teams have made it to the finals over that time - Emory, Millsaps, Ozarks....

We decided to share the wealth in a dramatic fashion this season.
2/24/2014 5:11 PM
So congrats to our final four, we have two really nice matchups tonight.

5-seeded Lynchburg (googs04) is our lowest remaining seed and they're making the school's first trip to final four since winning the national championship way, way back in season 1.  They will face 2-seed Wittenberg (darnoc29099) who is making the school's very first final four appearance.  Fighting Hornets vs the Tigers.

On the other side of the bracket we have the only 1-seed left, top-ranked Johnson and Wales (spasticity) who has made more final four trips than you can shake a stick at.  They will face the defending champs, 3-seed Wooster (pseudochamp) who we all know and love.  Spider Monkeys vs the Fighting Scots.

Good luck to all four.
2/25/2014 5:43 PM
NCAC got bounced last night in a pair of good games. Lynchburg v. Johnson & Wales for the title tonight. Nice job by googs navigating a bunch of close postseason games (especially the double OT contest against Piedmont) to get to the title contest.
2/26/2014 9:08 AM
Good luck to Lynchburg tonight!  Not sure he has the talent to compete, but anything can happen.  I am so focused on athleticism when evaluating teams - and he just doesn't have the ratings there necessary to win IMO. 

No luck needed for spasticity - he is the standard of excellence in Rupp D3.
2/26/2014 9:45 AM
Congrats to bananafangs at Occidental on winning the PI championship last night over Southwestern.  That's a solid performance in only his second season at the school.

Good luck to googs and spasticity tonight in the NT championship.  After my game last night, I would advise the Lynchburg players to make more than 29% of their 3pt shots if they'd like to win the title.  Some cunning strategical insight right there.

2/26/2014 11:03 AM
Congratulations to googs04 on his first career national title after his Lynchburg bested top-ranked Johnson and Wales.  Lynchburg had a big first half with solid shooting and defense to hold a 43-28 halftime lead.  There were outscored in the second by one point but it wasn't enough and they held on for a 72-58 win.  Well done on an impressive run through the bracket.

Also kudos to spasticity who steered J-Dub to yet another impressive year.

Enjoy the break everyone, hope everyone is back for next season.

2/27/2014 10:46 AM
Very surprised by the result of the title game -- maybe not so much that Lynchburg won (although I wasn't expecting that either), but by the overall final spread. Impressive showing by googs04 -- congrats on your first NT!!
2/27/2014 10:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17 Next ▸
D3, Season 71 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.