mfnmeyers st. olaf Topic

Posted by chalvorson on 1/16/2014 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vikesrule69 on 1/16/2014 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Well concidering that world is pretty vacant, it's not too shocking.
I always found it easier to recruit when there were more human coaches. Fewer humans means more teams with 3 SIMs on them.
Depends on your vision. St. Olaf, CNU, Albright etc all have similar vision. This shatters some preconceptions I have about recruiting that likely will change significantly when I go into it next season.
1/16/2014 10:03 PM
I'm really concerned how he did this.  Yes, concerned.  There has to be something he knows that the rest of the teams don't.  To go against another top coach who spent more (in multiple instances) and still win the battles....doesn't make sense.  He definitely seems to be exploiting something.
1/16/2014 10:09 PM
Lol half those recruits sucked I don't know what everyone is so surprised on how he get them all. Firstly though great job none the less. Secondly back to my original sentence those recruits work ethics are terrible hence why they "Suck" in my opinion. Work ethic is the backbone of D-3 recruiting so I could careless where they are now it's where they will take you in 2-3 seasons that matters. Some of these guys are good but more than a majority I wouldn't recruit to my D-3 Colorado team in Yost which has had some success to say the least. I think I even got my own forum post about month ago. Anyhow hats off to him, I hope this helps explain how he did it. That coupled with the fact there's not a lot of human coaches in Dobie-D-3
1/16/2014 10:20 PM
Posted by frankum on 1/16/2014 10:09:00 PM (view original):
I'm really concerned how he did this.  Yes, concerned.  There has to be something he knows that the rest of the teams don't.  To go against another top coach who spent more (in multiple instances) and still win the battles....doesn't make sense.  He definitely seems to be exploiting something.
I just battled him in Leahy DIII on a top OL and top DL recruit. Both recruits were less than 360 from both of us. I put in almost $5k into the OL and never turned him even yellow. On one cycle i wanted to launch my battle and did 3 double CVs (total of 6 CVs). The recruit accepted 2 of these (meaning 4 CVs). The guy never went even yellow.

I have never seen a recruit accept 4 CVs in one cycle and still be red!
1/16/2014 10:46 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/16/2014 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Lol half those recruits sucked I don't know what everyone is so surprised on how he get them all. Firstly though great job none the less. Secondly back to my original sentence those recruits work ethics are terrible hence why they "Suck" in my opinion. Work ethic is the backbone of D-3 recruiting so I could careless where they are now it's where they will take you in 2-3 seasons that matters. Some of these guys are good but more than a majority I wouldn't recruit to my D-3 Colorado team in Yost which has had some success to say the least. I think I even got my own forum post about month ago. Anyhow hats off to him, I hope this helps explain how he did it. That coupled with the fact there's not a lot of human coaches in Dobie-D-3
If I were at the end of the season I would show you, but I think that WE (as long as its not terrible) being low is not a bad thing if the recruit starts out 2 points better then other recruits. Some of these guys were 2 whole points better. by their senior year, some will surpass them, but not many. And to have that balanced a class and that good....

1/16/2014 11:54 PM
I don't think there's any "magic" in what he does.  He (or they, quite possibly) found a school he likes, he has spent more time at this school in many worlds than probably anyone else has at a single school.  So he knows everything about how to recruit there and who he is competing against.  

Muscle memory.  
1/17/2014 12:38 AM
I'm wondering if he built up a war chest and decided to splurge this season.
1/17/2014 2:34 AM
something is very wrong if you guys were battling him all over the place and losing. I almost did but learnt my lesson a few seasons back.  It's not as though he gets them locally, they're from all over. Can't see how he's built up a war chest either as he has good recruits every time
1/17/2014 8:28 AM
had no idea this was hear til friend houska shared it with me

recr is super important but tiles is really only thing that matters and in world like WILK been there forever and have
let me add these real quick um zero titles

couple quick notes the new engine seems easier for us to recr / have no war chest / and believe it or not try hard not to battle
after first day almost never go on a players green recr - it is helpful knowing some do spend a bunch on guys and they don't turn green for them maybe they are religious folk and want to play for parochial school - however I do look for guys who cannot read, have at least one felony case pending, and will grow up to be nonproductive adults. I certainly know no big secrets though - it does help to be at a school for long time - and I don't care about work ethic which is prob dif than many - stamina use to be huge 2 engines ago but seems rather unimportant now - bottom line I have 3 titles now 1 very recent - and that is not nearly as much as some of you on here - I still need to recr better in college hoops dynasty where I think almost the whole game is recr -- sorry for those who have wasted money on an OLE recr - yu prob got even by beating us in playoffs gl all just had to pay for one of my dls who spent all night in a brothel!!!!
1/17/2014 8:35 AM
Posted by mfnmyers on 1/17/2014 8:35:00 AM (view original):
had no idea this was hear til friend houska shared it with me

recr is super important but tiles is really only thing that matters and in world like WILK been there forever and have
let me add these real quick um zero titles

couple quick notes the new engine seems easier for us to recr / have no war chest / and believe it or not try hard not to battle
after first day almost never go on a players green recr - it is helpful knowing some do spend a bunch on guys and they don't turn green for them maybe they are religious folk and want to play for parochial school - however I do look for guys who cannot read, have at least one felony case pending, and will grow up to be nonproductive adults. I certainly know no big secrets though - it does help to be at a school for long time - and I don't care about work ethic which is prob dif than many - stamina use to be huge 2 engines ago but seems rather unimportant now - bottom line I have 3 titles now 1 very recent - and that is not nearly as much as some of you on here - I still need to recr better in college hoops dynasty where I think almost the whole game is recr -- sorry for those who have wasted money on an OLE recr - yu prob got even by beating us in playoffs gl all just had to pay for one of my dls who spent all night in a brothel!!!!
Classic..
1/17/2014 10:40 AM

''Secondly back to my original sentence those recruits work ethics are terrible hence why they "Suck" in my opinion. Work ethic is the backbone of D-3 recruiting so I could careless where they are now it's where they will take you in 2-3 seasons that matters. Some of these guys are good but more than a majority I wouldn't recruit to my D-3 Colorado team in Yost which has had some success to say the least.''

so, as a defending champ, jfootball88, please answer this, notwithstanding the fact that there would be other variables.
Two recruits with identical ratings apart from a work ethic of 25 and 45. One with a WE of 25 has a potential of (he will improve over 4 years with us) and the other 'has made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years). Who do YOU go for? Up until now I'd go for the low W/E high potential EVERY time......
1/17/2014 12:48 PM
IMO, WE and potential have importance, but not even remotely as important as talent (i.e. High attributes). If im looking at an OL recruit with a GUESS of 51 (i.e. STR, BLK og high 50's or low 60's and a solid GI and ATH), i wont even waste my money on a scouting trip. It doesnt matter. Even if this dude grows slowly over time, he will still be a top OL when he is a SR.
1/17/2014 1:30 PM
I already deleted it but the point is this that's only ONE aspect of the juggernat that is D-3 Colorado. There's lots to learn a few of the guys I've mentored have been doing phenomeonally much better than myself.
1/17/2014 6:44 PM
This guy is a recruiting GOD!!!! He just pulled off another monster class in Wilkinson. Congrats again
2/20/2014 10:13 AM
Posted by coachjamest on 2/20/2014 10:13:00 AM (view original):
This guy is a recruiting GOD!!!! He just pulled off another monster class in Wilkinson. Congrats again
Yeah, and I battled the crap out of him for TWO recruits...he got one (maybe the best D3 DL that I've ever seen recruited) and he lost one, a pretty danged good DB.  Our schools are relatively near each other so we bump into each other virtually every season during recruiting.  Its the first time in memory that I've been able to even take him to the "waiting game" of yellow recruits trying to decide which way to go.

He is marvelous!!!!
2/20/2014 10:29 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
mfnmeyers st. olaf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.