OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

Easy fellas.

The whole point of this forum thread was to draw attention to the fact that Richard Sherman really is a good guy.  Unfortunately he looked and talked in a manner which scares a lot of people in America and they automatically make assumptions about him which just aren't true.  Most people never heard of Richard Sherman until Sunday night and probably confused him with Lil' Wayne after they say the interview. If we dig a bit a further, we see that his back story is amazing.  A true success and role model who is unbelievably competitive and was interviewed at the height competition.
1/22/2014 8:23 AM
How do you know he's a good guy?  Because he (or a Seahawk PR person) wrote an apologetic blog?  Because he went to Stanford?

If he was a real role model, he'd understand the value of a positive image vs. a controversial image.  Do you want your kids to act like him during a game?
1/22/2014 12:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
He might be "a great guy", but he isn't a role model (unless Adderall-infused tirades are becoming admirable).

And just because people think he's a loudmouthed jackass doesn't mean they're racist.  And you're lying if you want your kid to openly taunt and mock and do the choke sign during a game.... or you're just a ****** parent.
1/22/2014 2:07 PM
@The Taint-Thanks for confirming your lack of football knowledge. The 49ers aren't the only team to loose picks do to cheating. Maybe the Patriots and Spygate should be mentioned. Thanks for confirming your ignorance and lack of knowledge.
1/22/2014 3:05 PM
Lets not get carried away either the Seahawks have had more cheaters this season then any other team for PED's and banned substances. Seahawks= Sh*thawks=Sh*t Fans
1/22/2014 3:07 PM
Interesting.  I looked up the FIREARM suicide rates (sorry, I googled "US metro suicide rates" and this was the first link i clicked on).

#1 in the US is (predictably) Las Vegas.
#2 is Salt Lake City(!).  Must be all that damn Osmond music de-sensitizing them to violence.
Behind them is Jacksonville and Birmingham.

fyi, Sacto is still behind Seattle (or ahead, depending on your perspective) with fewer firearm suicides.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6230a1.htm
1/22/2014 4:30 PM
Yah, i'm trying to find that.  Strange how they don't make these things easier to find....
1/22/2014 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.