OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

AHA, here's one from 2011 with Sacto in the top five.  Seattle is nowhere to be seen.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-suicidal-us-cities-2011-7?op=1
1/22/2014 4:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
And, interestingly, Seattle is 2nd highest in suicide ATTEMPTS per capita.  Which means that Seattle is full of people who failed at trying to kill themselves.

http://socialcapitalreview.org/seattle-region-ranks-2nd-of-33-in-u-s-suicide-attempts/
1/22/2014 4:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000317035/article/richard-sherman-perfect-as-the-face-of-super-bowl-xlviii

Read the article; watch the NFLSoundFX. Then how about you stop ******** about how classless Sherman is and redirect your feigned outrage at Crabtree.
1/24/2014 11:37 PM
The casual football fan has never seen Sherman.   More wouldn't be able to identify him if he wasn't wearing a jersey.   So virtually no one knows his story or any good deeds he's done.   What they do know is that he's screaming into a microphone, insulting a specific opponent and being "me, me and more me" right after a big victory for his team.   in the history of post-game interviews, that's not be done.   

So, if you want, you can call people who didn't like it haters.   Or say "Look at Harbaugh".   Or excuse his behavior due to adrenaline.  But Sherman made the moment.  Like it or not, he's at fault(if you didn't like his behavior).

Personally, I didn't care that he seemed out of control.  Or that he chose a specific player to insult.   The only thing I didn't like was how he turned the focus away from the win and toward himself.  Seemed selfish and that's not the attitude I'd want in my locker room.  But you're going to have it because CB/WR are divas.  
1/25/2014 7:42 AM

In contrast, a player who was given media blowjobs for a year and then ripped on an hourly basis by the same people last season drops a "Yes, sir" in his on field post-game interview.

It had been alluded to for weeks, including by his own head coach. But South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney officially announced that he will enter the 2014 NFL draft following the Gamecocks’ 34-24 win over Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl on New Year’s Day. In a postgame interview on ESPN that seemed like it lasted about a second and a half, reporter Tom Luginbill asked Clowney if he was headed to the NFL. Clowney responded with a simple, “Yes, sir.”

No one is calling him a thug(which is obviously a code word now).   Wonder why?

1/25/2014 8:04 AM

Well, much like I dismiss randle44's shithawk comments, I dismiss comments from rival team's fans. 

1/25/2014 11:03 AM
Nonetheless, Sherman presented himself in a way that many think is unfavorable.   What's being said about him was brought upon by him. 

FWIW, that's too bad.  I'm sure Seattle has many worthy storylines.   For a week, we've heard one. 
1/25/2014 11:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
OT: Richard Sherman is my new favorite player!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.