Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Posted by hineiii on 1/31/2014 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2014 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Obviously I haven't tried it after the 3rd arb.  I'd have loved to have kept Powell an extra year.    I do find it odd that Parnell signed.   Any chance you remember a player that refused?   I'd like to compare his ratings to Parnell's.
let me see what I can dig up tonight, have to go through some old excel files to find him, but I should be able to produce his player card.
I had it happen to me with  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Howard Medina.
I arb'd him for a 3rd time and tried the long-term trick and he said whatever it is they say about being ****** about getting arb'd 3 times... I don't even think I won the arbitration.
1/31/2014 8:02 PM
Thanks
1/31/2014 10:54 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 1/31/2014 7:40:00 AM (view original):
I did it right after a third arb the other day.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ralph Parnell
Parnell's "Transactions" page says contract extension 3 minutes after arbitration signing.  However, his "Contract" page says "This player is not under contract for the upcoming season. If he is currently assigned to a team, he is either a spring training invitee or is eligible for arbitration. Otherwise, he is a free-agent." and does not show a long tern contract beyond this current season.  The 2 pages are contradicting each other.  Is he singed to a contract extension or not? 
1/31/2014 11:05 PM (edited)

He is.   You see what you see because you're not in the world.

2/1/2014 7:40 AM
what was going on with Medina there?  seattle traded him to little rock, who then traded him back to seattle a day later, who then let him go to a FA signing by little rock the next season, weird.
2/1/2014 11:27 AM
Posted by ewood24 on 2/1/2014 11:27:00 AM (view original):
what was going on with Medina there?  seattle traded him to little rock, who then traded him back to seattle a day later, who then let him go to a FA signing by little rock the next season, weird.
I made a conditional trade with Little Rock, with the condition being that we would make the trade back if Medina would not sign long-term with his team.  I have had players that would resign with a different team after my team ****** them off with 3 x arb. I assumed that would be the case with Medina, but told the Little Rock owner that that if he wouldn't resign, we could undo it.
2/1/2014 11:46 AM
Posted by hineiii on 1/31/2014 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Nope, I did it just as I stated, no waiting, no leaving the page. In fact it wont work if you leave the page as once he is arb'd he drops off the list. You have to arb' and clink the long term link once you are returned to the arb player page not arb player list page. It was just like I have done with other 3rd year arb players who did sign the long term deal. This time he said going to free agency. Take it for what its worth, a warning from my experience. I lost a player that I could have signed long term the season before. If you do it 100 times and the players sign 100 times. Great, but if you do it 101 times and he doen't sign thats the chance you take. Thats why I said to be careful.
I too have done what hineii did. Arbed a player a 3rd time, clicked the offer the player a long term contract tab and he immediately told me he wanted to test the FA market. Player lost. I advise not arbing the player a 3rd time if you want to keep him.

It also is not automatic that a player that is arbed 3 times won't resign. I have some that want to resign and some that won't. Seems to work like any FA situation.

2/12/2014 6:14 AM
When you arb a guy and it returns to the arb page, can you extend the LT offer?   I have a guy who wants $1.6M this year or $6.2M for 3 years.  Can I give him the $1.6M this year and then extend the 3 years to 5 years of $6.2M and THEN offer the LT contract?  Which would in effect give him a 6 year contract?
2/23/2014 9:39 PM

Arb the guy and then sign him long term.

2/24/2014 7:00 AM
Not sure I am understanding this bug.  I have several players on a team in Champions who have been through 1 or 2 rounds of Arb.  When the season ends, I was planning to sign those players who have been arb'ed twice and arb again with those only arb'ed once.  I just want to make sure I don't inadvertantly screw up signing one of my players who has already been through arb twice.  Thanks for the help  
2/24/2014 10:38 AM
Nothing in this thread should have any affect on your plans.
2/24/2014 11:17 AM
Doesn't this bug do nothing?  A 3rd arb year guy is going to sign LT no matter what.  Why would you want to sign a LT deal early?  If the guy gets injured that season, you have now locked him in for a higher cap hit than he would have demanded next season.  Is there something I'm missing?
2/24/2014 11:44 AM
LT salary demands for a player tend to increase between his arb-1, arb-2 and arb-3 seasons.

What the bug exposes is the ability to arb a guy in his arb-1 season and then sign him at his arb-1 season LT demands, which will be cleaper than waiting until next season and signing him at a more expensive arb-2 LT demand.
2/24/2014 11:51 AM
So, you are saying that by signing him to a LT deal right after his second arb, you'd get the guy for cheaper than if you were to wait till next preseason.
2/24/2014 12:00 PM
I think that LT demands are determined by overall rating, no matter which arb you are in.  That's how it appears to me.
2/24/2014 12:04 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.