ODL 46 Rosters and Commentary Topic

okay, I no longer like it.  Take that for all the nothing it's worth :D

also, fwiw, I plan on doing some weird stuff if you guys let me.

2/4/2014 8:43 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/4/2014 8:44:00 PM (view original):
okay, I no longer like it.  Take that for all the nothing it's worth :D

also, fwiw, I plan on doing some weird stuff if you guys let me.

ha I knew you wouldn't - you're a rebound advantage adherent ;)

as to your second sentence - that's what she said.

2/4/2014 8:55 PM
touche'
2/4/2014 8:57 PM
2/4/2014 5:26 PM

amerk1180

Block this user
Add this user to favorites

And also guys who I thought would be off the board midway thru the 1st round (Hakeem, Erving, Oscar) being available kate in the 2nd.

ok, I will take a stab at explaining why those guys might not go in the 1st.

Hakeem: career A\T ratio was less than one, he fouled A LOT, and his efg's are only around 50%. There are better 9+ million dollar players out there. Should never be a 1st round pick.

Dr. J. Again, the fouls plus turnovers total exceed the 500+ (extreme?) danger zone it might be wise to avoid in a 1st round pick. At a time when teams shot 50% from the field, he shot 50% from the field so no advantage there. Also, you are paying for free throws the Sim wont give you. Marginal 1st round pick.

Big O. His best seasons are really expensive, and he doesn't hit many 3's for a Guard. The good news is his biggest negative is his turnovers, which Simmy wont hit him for anywhere near his actual numbers, and that aint nothing. Probably a solid 1st rounder, but so expensive he can be a problem. (Seriously, I have used him a dozen times and it can be a hassle.)
2/4/2014 8:57 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 2/4/2014 8:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm really happy I finally got Donyell. Been trying to get him on a team for a while and he never falls. I know some won't like the Bird/Donyell combo but I think I can make it work.      
if Bird had made it to me I was seriously considering pairing him with Dr J which I think if money could be stretched would have been a nicely complementary duo - Doc with his 8+% orb at SG would have made up for Larry's 4% orb - Larry's triples would have made up for Doc's lack of same etc
2/4/2014 9:09 PM
robo I think Doc's most usable 1st round worthy season costs too much for too few minutes at this cap
2/4/2014 9:11 PM
I've run the DDL for 4 drafts, where we have always used preassigned division. I'm curious..are other owners monitoring the RBD and drafting to offset their div match-ups??? imo, if you don't win in division.....
2/5/2014 1:08 AM
let's just say it's interesting - I do think it adds a wrinkle
2/5/2014 2:41 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 2/4/2014 8:33:00 PM (view original):
I'm planning on playing them at the 3/4 - don't want to lose that 2-3% to play either at SG. At least that's the thinking for now.
To me Bird doesn't have to play the 2.  He works very well at the 3 and when you can have 20% assist/ 20% Dreb at the SF spot it opens up a a lot of possibilities.  But I figured for sure you would be playing him at SG with your Donyell pick....

2/5/2014 6:34 AM
pacific div: guerilla warfare developing quickly
2/5/2014 10:46 AM
this is me, scud, in case you were wondering what a 57 year old (taken 3 years ago)
 wis moron looks like 
2/5/2014 10:51 AM
"Arnold Rimmer is a smeghead" said the ******* to the peckerwood.

Slow work day...... obviously..... I could mess with the filters all day.
2/5/2014 3:09 PM
Garnett, Nance, Blaylock. I don't remember using any of them ever before. Either I am getting smarter or Ozzie Osborne is sitting next to me.
2/5/2014 10:47 PM
4 M's for felonius... magic, marcus, marques and mel.... taking bets on the 5th M.
2/6/2014 12:12 PM (edited)
mmm mmm good....
2/6/2014 12:23 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
ODL 46 Rosters and Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.