RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Posted by SpotSell on 5/5/2016 1:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/4/2016 10:03:00 PM (view original):
The insinuation is that Muslims are 'letting' ISIS act as they are. Or even that they are rooting them on. That's really not the case. And to think so is retarded but hey, I guess it doesn't require much effort. So if it works for any of you younshould roll with it.
"Not really the case" - but sort of the case? They certainly aren't doing a whole lot to put them down. Maybe if they would stop educating their children to hate, standard fare in their school textbooks, the world might be a better place?

"to think so is retarded" - ahh the personal insults, the last resort of those on the losing end of an argument.
How true. Of course, that explains why they are so commonly used by some on these boards.
5/5/2016 9:50 AM
The insinuation is that Muslims are 'letting' ISIS act as they are. Or even that they are rooting them on. That's really not the case. And to think so is retarded but hey, I guess it doesn't require much effort. So if it works for any of you younshould roll with it.
"Not really the case" - but sort of the case? They certainly aren't doing a whole lot to put them down. Maybe if they would stop educating their children to hate, standard fare in their school textbooks, the world might be a better place?

"to think so is retarded" - ahh the personal insults, the last resort of those on the losing end of an argument.
I want sources on this "educating their children to hate" business. There might be a few isolated regions in which this statement holds a grain of truth, but in general it represents a massively misguided viewpoint.
5/5/2016 11:42 AM

Oh really? Muslims aren't fighting ISIS? You read the Wall Street Journal? You watch Frontline? Muslims - that can - are fighting ISIS tooth and nail. ISIS is killing A LOT more muslims than Americans, Israelis or any other groups. Your ignorance of that pretty much tells me where you are coming from.

Textbooks that teach hate? The Koran teaches hate? Really? I'm sure you have some passages of that that you can present as evidence. Do us a favor and head of to Jihadwatch.com and cut an paste a few so you can somehow defend your argument.

You're right, calling you a retard would offend developmentally challenged people everywhere.
5/5/2016 2:48 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/5/2016 11:42:00 AM (view original):

I want sources on this "educating their children to hate" business. There might be a few isolated regions in which this statement holds a grain of truth, but in general it represents a massively misguided viewpoint.
Exactly. "All muslims teach hate"

Same as "All Germans were Nazis."

Or "All minorities just want to be on welfare."

Or "All Red Sox fans are idiots." Oh. Wait...
5/5/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/5/2016 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Whoa, hold the boat. Do you believe the people of Germany were responsible for Hitler and the Nazis? That there should have been a violent uprising to usurp the power than Hitler acquired? Perhaps you feel the people of North Korea are responsible for Kim Jung-il or even un.

I don't feel that way at all. When people in power control the military power, the general population is generally ******. If Obama rolls a tank thru my neighborhood, I'm not taking it down with the guns I have.

ISIS is a terror group. If general population Muslims publicly come out against it, there's a really good chance they end up without a head.
I completely agree. "Muslims hate America." Pretty general statement. The fight is against the criminal radical muslim element. That is who needs to be eradicated. A lot more reasonable to target and snuff the true enemies then to suddenly declare 1/4 of the worlds population as the enemy.
5/5/2016 2:55 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/4/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/4/2016 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/3/2016 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 5/3/2016 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Curt Schilling tweeted: "It's said that only 5-10% of Muslims are extremists. In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis."

I still fail to see the controversial portion of this tweet. He says nothing to condemn Muslims. He is pointing out that a small % of a group can be strong enough to inflict real damage. In this case, that is the extremists. You have to read into it to be offended, or be a big fan of Muslim extremists.
Are you serious? You don't see whats controversial there?
I think Schilling is a raging *****. And I don't see that as controversial to non-extreme Muslims.

I lean right. You want to insult the extreme right, you're not talking about me. Do we have to be careful to not insult the extreme Muslims? Why? Because they'll get mad and blow up an airport?
Insinuating that a corallary exists between Nazis/Germans and Psycho Radicals/Muslims is and should be insulting to Muslims. Really not sure where an 'extremist' would be insulted by that statement. Unless they felt goose stepping was in bad form I guess.
Then why this response?
5/5/2016 3:00 PM
I questioned why Curt Schilling saying "It's said that only 5-10% of Muslims are extremists. In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis." would not be controversial to muslims.

That statement can mean: "Only 5-10% of muslims are extremists." Which translates to "Muslims are all not extremists. Only a small number are."

Or: "Only 5-10% of muslims are extremists." Which translates to "the rest of that 90-95% can do something about it but don't do anything about it. In fact they are fine just sitting back and watching the fireworks. In fact they are just like the Germans who 'allowed' Hitler to take control and ignored all the bad stuff that went on."

If I thought Curt was communicating the former, than I would agree. But given what I've heard from him, I doubt it. I'm sure his post fell into the latter, ignorant mentality.
5/5/2016 3:14 PM
That is a gigantic leap, both in translation and application.
5/5/2016 3:20 PM
Well, that's why I asked you if the felt the German population was responsible for the actions of the Nazis. You said they weren't. So why is that statement insulting to the non-extreme Muslims?
5/5/2016 3:21 PM
He opposes the source, not the sentiment. Very clearly.
5/5/2016 3:28 PM
Well, Schilling is a loudmouth dipshit. But the source doesn't matter in my line of questioning. The statement, in itself, is either insulting to non-extreme Muslims or it isn't.

I lean right. When someone says "The religious right is nuts", I'm not bothered. It's not me. I would think Muslims who are not extreme would feel the same about the statement. Unless, of course, sjpoker is a RACIST!!!!!! who thinks all Muslims are the same.

He probably hates black people too.
5/5/2016 3:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/5/2016 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Well, that's why I asked you if the felt the German population was responsible for the actions of the Nazis. You said they weren't. So why is that statement insulting to the non-extreme Muslims?
"In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis. How’d that go?"

That insinuates that even thought there were only a small % of Germans who were Nazis it still led to global armeggedon. The insinuation is that the other 93% could have but didn't do anything about it. Or worse, even aided them.

Tying that to the comment with the Muslims insuates that they to are acting the same way.

Do I believe the Germans are wholly responsible for allowing the Nazis to do what they did? No. A lot of countries, people, and circumstances led to that. But I believe that ol Curt believes in it.

So again I believe Curt insinuated that Muslims aren't doing anything about ISIS just like (he believes) the Germans did nothing about Nazis.
5/5/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by edsortails on 5/5/2016 3:20:00 PM (view original):
That is a gigantic leap, both in translation and application.
Hardly.
5/5/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/5/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Well, Schilling is a loudmouth dipshit. But the source doesn't matter in my line of questioning. The statement, in itself, is either insulting to non-extreme Muslims or it isn't.

I lean right. When someone says "The religious right is nuts", I'm not bothered. It's not me. I would think Muslims who are not extreme would feel the same about the statement. Unless, of course, sjpoker is a RACIST!!!!!! who thinks all Muslims are the same.

He probably hates black people too.
I only hate RedSox fans. And sometimes truck drivers who linger in the left lane. And Adam Foote.

I also lean right. But I also recognize that a LOT of ignorant people in my party are headed way too far right. It weakens our political system and our country.
5/5/2016 4:04 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/5/2016 4:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/5/2016 3:21:00 PM (view original):
"In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis. How’d that go?"

That insinuates that even thought there were only a small % of Germans who were Nazis it still led to global armeggedon. The insinuation is that the other 93% could have but didn't do anything about it. Or worse, even aided them.

Tying that to the comment with the Muslims insuates that they to are acting the same way.

Do I believe the Germans are wholly responsible for allowing the Nazis to do what they did? No. A lot of countries, people, and circumstances led to that. But I believe that ol Curt believes in it.

So again I believe Curt insinuated that Muslims aren't doing anything about ISIS just like (he believes) the Germans did nothing about Nazis.
I don't think I'd read too much into insinuations.
5/5/2016 4:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.