63 points in 1 Quarter Topic

Well new update went through didn't affect Air Colorado in D-3 Yost. Made some of my own tweaks and was able to put up 139 points beating my opponent who's terrible 139-3 the real test will be tonight vs Wisconsin Steves Point who's ranked #2 in the nation preseason. My WR did score 19 TD's 15 receiving, 3 rushing and 1 punt return so I just wanted to get everyone all riled up about the Jfootball88 update, ooops meant to say fatigue update
2/9/2014 4:06 PM (edited)
http://whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4645812
2/9/2014 3:46 PM
The way I read orioles post, that fatigue update isn't getting pushed out until next week. So everybody that's acting like $hit has changed, maybe they need to reevaluate.
2/9/2014 3:55 PM
That wasn't aimed towards you jf, regarding the last part, just the first part pertains to you.
2/9/2014 3:56 PM
In the 2/7 update Oriole states Fatigue now works like...example. So it sounds like it has been released??
2/9/2014 4:03 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/9/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Well new update went through didn't affect Air Colorado in D-3 Yost. Made some of my own tweaks and was able to put up 139 points beating my opponent who's terrible 139-3 the real test will be tonight vs Wisconsin Steves Point who's ranked #2 in the nation preseason. My WR did score 19 TD's 15 receiving, 3 rushing and 1 punt return so I just wanted to get everyone all riled up about the Jfootball88 update, ooops meant to say fatigue update

Were you able to identify that specific WR for the ball carries?
2/9/2014 4:34 PM
?
Hello everyone, the fatigue issues took on a whole new element. I tried fitting the current system with some polish but it didn't work. I had to tear out the fatigue system as it currently stands and rewrite it. I've made it simpler to understand and I've revamped the substitution logic. 

Here is how the breakdown for the Fatigue will work now:
The player attributes will have an effective value linearly based on the fatigue. 
Player Attributes = Fatigue Level (0-1) * attributeNumer (1-100)

The substitution pattern will now work like this:
If two players have less than their specified rest number: If the fatigue levels are similar it will choose the player higher in the depth chart. If they are largely different, it will choose the player that is less fatigued. 

Finally the injuries:
Injuries will be introduced slowly. Once the fatigue is at a reasonable state and the values are getting too low, we'll use those numbers to calculate the chances of injuries. 

So the fatigue stuff is undergoing thorough testing now and the new version should be pushed out to production later next week. We are running it on our test servers for the next few days to determine the validity. 

Also in this release will be a ton of bug fixes, I'm going to try to do the second half time conservation logic, and I've upped interceptions on small and medium passes and added more fumbles. I'm reducing the chances of punt returns slightly as well. 

2/9/2014 5:50 PM
That was written 2/7, so I'd assume it'll be pushed out around 2/14.  So, if I'm reading correctly, it's not in effect now.

2/9/2014 5:50 PM
o OKAY that makes sense
2/9/2014 7:59 PM
Wait a minute. Is this the team I beat in the 1st round of the DIII playoffs in my 1st ever season of GD? Seems like such a long time ago. Can't remember for sure. But that would explain the shout out. I wish I would have saved that. 
2/9/2014 8:10 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/9/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
How is it even fun to just exploit the game? Why even bother? Its like playing madden and going for the hail marry all four downs.

There is no skill in that. Its just stupid.
2/9/2014 9:59 PM
mr_gone:  In defense of jfootballdaleearnhardtjr, I have to say that the game in itself is nothing but learning how to exploit something.  Even in real football, the goal is to try to exploit a weakness of the opponent.  In this case, the opponent is the game itself, as well as the actual other team.

Within this game there are always going to be "anomalies" that can be exploited.  In 1.0, it was run the wishbone to National Championships (or so I have heard...and just for example), in 2.0 the all shotgun air attack was very effective and many rode that to National Championships and grossly huge passing numbers.  In 3.0 the first season allowed for crazy WR running from the shotgun.  jf88 has found a combination that works.  It is our job as coaches to figure out what works, and what does not work..then exploit that to success.

I understand what your point, but I would also point out that many (including me) have tried to reproduce his results and have been unable to do so.  So, he has legitimately found some combination that is better than any other.  If any of us find that throwing Deep passes to the TE out of the I Formation yields a 90% completion rate and average of 25 yards per pass....would we not all try to reproduce that?  I know that I would.

This game does not allow you go left or right, strong or weak, play man to man, pooch punt with QB, double reverses, etc, etc, etc..so we have to take what it does allow.
2/9/2014 10:15 PM
@Harriswb3 I can see your point. For me a sim is meant to simulate the real thing. And if you are going to bother playing a simulation that is meant to be played like the real thing. Its important to hold yourself to the same rules. And play the game like it was meant to be played. And not just look for a flaw in the system.
2/9/2014 10:28 PM
Good game jfootball88! Would I be right in assuming Air Colorado should only be slowed a little when the fatigue update is rolled out. As you should be able to just sub in fresh WRs. Air Colorado should be a fun challenge or nightmare for coaches to try in stop.
2/9/2014 10:43 PM

Mr Gone I'm not exploiting the game or "cheating" as it has been referred too. My suggestion is to submit a ticket they'll give you a fun response But I've been passing at Colorado since Day 1 this just seems to be the most effective give your best players the ball repetitively just like in real life see Adrian Peterson, Jamal Charles, Lesean Mccoy, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson the list goes on...I'd be stupid not to maybe if you can recruit and develop players like me you'd be able to utilize this until then good luck!

2/9/2014 10:52 PM
12 Next ▸
63 points in 1 Quarter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.